ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

KCUnited 02-07-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9384394)
I couldn't care less about that as a starter....

You start a guy that is unproductive because he's lefty over a guy that's productive and a righty? That's absurd.

Edit: And on par for this organization.

Yeah, I was just speculating as to why. I'm sure things could shake out differently as we approach Opening Day.

duncan_idaho 02-07-2013 09:17 AM

Luke Hochevar is going to end up as the fifth starter. I'm done hoping against it and just trying to accept the reality of it.

The "Scout's eye" tells Dayton and Ned that Luke can be a 15-game winner, that the stuff is there (and somehow is blind to how much his stuff degrades once he's in the stretch). And that will land him in the rotation to start the year unless he's hurt in Spring Training.

So Chen vs. Mendoza doesn't really matter.

Only question is if they will really give Hochevar the short leash that is being claimed by official Royals mouthpiece Bob Dutton. I doubt Luke does us the favor of getting a DUI like ol' Hiram did.

Dartgod 02-07-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9384305)
Any of you sluts going to Surprise in March?

I sure as hell wanted too. Never been to spring training and my parents are spending the winter in Phoenix this year instead of Texas. But my wife and I have to travel for work around that time, so no go. :(

Deberg_1990 02-07-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9384417)
Luke Hochevar is going to end up as the fifth starter. I'm done hoping against it and just trying to accept the reality of it.

The "Scout's eye" tells Dayton and Ned that Luke can be a 15-game winner, that the stuff is there (and somehow is blind to how much his stuff degrades once he's in the stretch). And that will land him in the rotation to start the year unless he's hurt in Spring Training.

So Chen vs. Mendoza doesn't really matter.

Only question is if they will really give Hochevar the short leash that is being claimed by official Royals mouthpiece Bob Dutton. I doubt Luke does us the favor of getting a DUI like ol' Hiram did.

I wish he was gone like everyone else, but if he must stay, then I guess hes ok there. Maybe he will thrive once the pressure is off of him being buried there.

jbwm89 02-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9383885)
As of 2 years ago, 16 of them did.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, old ancient franchises, and new expansion teams, winners and losers, have used team slogans or not used team slogans.

I wish the Royals would stop, even though a slight majority do.

I'm with you there, last years slogan was a complete disaster. "Play Ball" is pretty good though, that should be the slogan every year.

duncan_idaho 02-07-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9384561)
I wish he was gone like everyone else, but if he must stay, then I guess hes ok there. Maybe he will thrive once the pressure is off of him being buried there.

The problem is that with his raw stuff, he should be OK anywhere from 3 down in a rotation, and if he's hitting his potential, he should be a solid No. 2. He just isn't.

Maybe the mental midget willl stop listening so much to the Boras Agency advisers and just start doing what his team/catcher tells him to.

Chief_For_Life58 02-07-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbwm89 (Post 9384579)
I'm with you there, last years slogan was a complete disaster. "Play Ball" is pretty good though, that should be the slogan every year.

It's Here

ChiefsCountry 02-11-2013 11:47 PM

Indians signed Bourn.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-12-2013 02:05 PM

Royals Acquire Elliot Johnson
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [February 12, 2013 at 2:04pm CST]

The Royals announced that they acquired utility player Elliot Johnson from the Rays as the player to be named later in the December trade involving James Shields and Wil Myers. The Rays had designated Johnson for assignment last week.

Jenson71 02-12-2013 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
KC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9384666)
It's Here

Infidel Goat 02-12-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9396724)
Royals Acquire Elliot Johnson
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [February 12, 2013 at 2:04pm CST]

The Royals announced that they acquired utility player Elliot Johnson from the Rays as the player to be named later in the December trade involving James Shields and Wil Myers. The Rays had designated Johnson for assignment last week.

His numbers in Triple A in 2009 and 2010 were impressive. His major league numbers so far are pretty meh, but I guess it gives further credence to the rumor that it's either Getz OR Giavotella.

Ceej 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

ELL-E-UTT.

lewdog 02-12-2013 07:05 PM

So who is taking Frenchy's spot?

:facepalm:

cabletech94 02-12-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9397698)
So who is taking Frenchy's spot?

:facepalm:

no one :shake:

CHENZ A! 02-12-2013 08:02 PM

Does anyone know where to find cool pics from spring training? There's usually a thread from Chiefs training camp with all these badass pictures, and I wish we had a Royals one.