ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

duncan_idaho 07-31-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9847605)
Ok, I was wrong. Still don't care and would trade anyone that I thought gave the team, Major league, a chance to win.

And that mindset is how a half-season of Doyle Alexander gets swapped for John Smoltz or a 1/2 season of Larry Anderson gets swapped for Jeff Bagwell or a 1/2 season of Mark De Rosa turns into Carlos Santana.

I'm fine with trading prospects to improve the major league team when appropriate (makes sense when you're .500 or better but does not when you're going to lose 100 games regardless), but saying willy-nilly you'll trade off any prospect for a guy who can help the big league club without also taking into consideration long-term loss (prospect) vs. short-term gain (the major leaguer) ... no way.

ChiefsCountry 07-31-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9847584)
Can you even imagine trading Duffy or Ventura for a 0.7 WAR SS who is set to make 9M the next THREE years and who turns 30 this winter? I mean could we get any dumber than that?

Of course the previous 4 years he has a War of over 3.1, wouldn't need that at second now.

duncan_idaho 07-31-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9847621)
with a good organization I would agree, but this is not a good organization. We don't develop talent very well. He wants to use prospects to maximize their "hype" in acquiring wins for the short window we have.

I have no issue with that, as long as the players that are coming back are actually "good."

Jair Jurrjens, Martin Prado, Erick Aybar, Rickie Weeks, etc. are not actually good.

WhawhaWhat 07-31-2013 11:17 AM

This is what makes MLB trade deadline day fun.

From mlbtraderumors.com -
Quote:

12:11pm: Saunders is not a target for the Orioles right now, hears Connolly.

12:02pm: The Orioles are interested in a reunion with Joe Saunders, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

duncan_idaho 07-31-2013 11:25 AM

Fun rumor:
D-Backs shopping Ian Kennedy and looking for bullpen help.

Royals give:
Luke Hochevar
Tim Collins
Kyle Smith?

Royals get:

Ian Kennedy

Immediate thoughts? Kennedy is having a bad season, but his peripheral suggest he has been really unlucky. His walk rate has increased slightly, but the main issue is that his strand rate has dropped like a rock. HIs LD% is up a bit, but his BABIP is still about the league aveage (.306). His strikeout rate has dropped about one percent. Velo charts don't show anything to be concerned about.

He's in his first arbitration year. You'd have two years of control, and he'd probably cost about $5.5-6 million next year and about 7-8 million the year after (assuming he bounces back).

How much would you be willing to sweeten the pot?

WhawhaWhat 07-31-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9847664)
Fun rumor:

Royals give:
Luke Hochevar
Tim Collins
Kyle Smith?

Royals get:

Ian Kennedy

Immediate thoughts?

I'm sure you already figured, but I would do it in a heartbeat. Kennedy in the rotation, Davis to the 'pen.

Archie F. Swin 07-31-2013 11:30 AM

I'm probably simplifying things, but it seems to me that while Davis has been suspect at best, Shields has been unlucky. Not since Greinke have I seen bats routinely freeze. Either that or the pen shitz the bed after a good start by James.

ChiefsCountry 07-31-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9847664)
Fun rumor:

Royals give:
Luke Hochevar
Tim Collins
Kyle Smith?

Royals get:

Ian Kennedy

Immediate thoughts? Kennedy is having a bad season, but his peripheral suggest he has been really unlucky. His walk rate has increased slightly, but the main issue is that his strand rate has dropped like a rock. HIs LD% is up a bit, but his BABIP is still about the league aveage (.306). His strikeout rate has dropped about one percent. Velo charts don't show anything to be concerned about.

He's in his first arbitration year. You'd have two years of control, and he'd probably cost about $5.5-6 million next year and about 7-8 million the year after (assuming he bounces back).

How much would you be willing to sweeten the pot?

Angels want Kennedy pretty bad is the other rumor, lets get a three way going.

WhawhaWhat 07-31-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9847679)

Hochevar to AZ
Kennedy to LA
Kendrick to KC

Let's all make some calls.

Archie F. Swin 07-31-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9847642)
"

Jair Jurrjens, Martin Prado, Erick Aybar, Rickie Weeks, etc. are not actually good.

Petro suggested that we have the personnel (coaches) to make weeks better.

RockChalk 07-31-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9847680)
Hochevar to AZ
Kennedy to LA
Kendrick to KC

LMAO

siberian khatru 07-31-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9847679)

I like how you think.

duncan_idaho 07-31-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9847670)
I'm sure you already figured, but I would do it in a heartbeat. Kennedy in the rotation, Davis to the 'pen.

It seems they want Luke Gregerson and Joe Thatcher from the Padres.

Hochevar and Collins would be a similar value, Smith is a nice sweetener (and buried in KC's SP prospect chart ... Zimmer, Mondesi, Duffy, Almonte, Manaea all rank higher than him, at least).

alnorth 07-31-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9847680)
Hochevar to AZ
Kennedy to LA
Kendrick to KC

I would spend the entire day laughing maniacally if that actually happened.

Mama Hip Rockets 07-31-2013 11:38 AM

MLB Network is saying right now that the Padres are closing in on Kennedy.