ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DJ on 810 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320574)

InChiefsHeaven 01-18-2019 09:54 AM

DJ on 810

He'll be at the game. 13 years on the team, and I think he's being good about how happy he is for this team...but it's gotta be killing him that he won't be suited up...He said he'll be coaching the defense from his seat, though he's sure it'll be too loud to make a difference.

I really love this guy. I couldn't hear the whole thing as I'm at work, but I admit, I feel kinda bad for DJ. Friggin' warrior for this team, and I hope if we win that they let him down on the field, because he's a true Chief.

threebag 01-18-2019 09:55 AM

Hitchens disappoints sometimes but Ragland is disappointing

If only DJ had Haglunds he would still be one of 53

The whistle has blown, play is dead, forward progress

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-18-2019 09:56 AM

Bring in for look/kick tires/show kids ropes?

FloridaMan88 01-18-2019 09:58 AM

Yeah I feel bad for DJ as well... he just missed out on being a part of the Mahomes era.

Considering some of the shitty QB's he had to play with in KC that is too bad.

Cheater5 01-18-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14049692)
He'll be at the game. 13 years on the team, and I think he's being good about how happy he is for this team...but it's gotta be killing him that he won't be suited up...He said he'll be coaching the defense from his seat, though he's sure it'll be too loud to make a difference.

I really love this guy. I couldn't hear the whole thing as I'm at work, but I admit, I feel kinda bad for DJ. Friggin' warrior for this team, and I hope if we win that they let him down on the field, because he's a true Chief.

Agree completely. For years it seemed like he, Tamba and Jamaal were the only three guys on the team that played with 100% effort, no matter how bad their record.

We wasted a lot of talent back in the dark ages.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 10:00 AM

It's still a little puzzling to me that they couldn't have found a way to get him on the 53 man, if only to make him a gameday inactive. I guess it probably has a lot to do with Reid's deferral to Toub on STs matter. If DJ can't play STs, they ain't putting him out there.

Though I still feel like he may have had a drop or two of gas left in the tank. Sure would've been nice to see him around even in a quasi-coaching capacity for this run. But I guess you've gotta draw a line somewhere and how far away from bringing back guys like Tamba Hali would you find yourself at that point.

lcarus 01-18-2019 10:01 AM

I totally figured we would've signed DJ once he was cut. Not necessarily to start but to play a few snaps. Hes a good guy to have on the team.

BigRedChief 01-18-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14049700)
Yeah I feel bad for DJ as well... he just missed out on being a part of the Mahomes era.

Why? You feel bad that Tony G missed out? Priest? Their era was over. So was DJ's. His determination and fire was exactly what this team needs but.......last year you could see him recognize where he needed to be but was just too slow to get there. Time had caught up to him. No one escapes father time. He was on Cowheard talking about still playing. He needs to wake up to the reality his playing days are over.

AND he was offered a job on Reids staff as a coach this year. Thats a big deal. He could have been part of this. He and Reid have confirmed this publicly. Reid has said he has a job on his staff anytime he wants the job. He probably could have made the defense better as a coach.

DaFace 01-18-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14049705)
It's still a little puzzling to me that they couldn't have found a way to get him on the 53 man, if only to make him a gameday inactive. I guess it probably has a lot to do with Reid's deferral to Toub on STs matter. If DJ can't play STs, they ain't putting him out there.

Though I still feel like he may have had a drop or two of gas left in the tank. Sure would've been nice to see him around even in a quasi-coaching capacity for this run. But I guess you've gotta draw a line somewhere and how far away from bringing back guys like Tamba Hali would you find yourself at that point.

Seems like I read somewhere that Andy invited him to come back as a coach in some capacity this year but he still wanted to play. Wonder if he's kicking himself for not taking the offer now.

FloridaMan88 01-18-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14049712)
Why? You feel bad that Tony G missed out? Priest? Their era was over. So was DJ's.

DJ missed out by one year.

He played his entire career in KC with mostly mediocre QB play and then missed out on playing with Mahomes by one year.

Chiefshrink 01-18-2019 10:11 AM

He should be the one banging the drum.:clap:

BigRedChief 01-18-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14049715)
Seems like I read somewhere that Andy invited him to come back as a coach in some capacity this year but he still wanted to play. Wonder if he's kicking himself for not taking the offer now.

He said what I said in the earlier post from the podium at a press conference. I'm sure someone can find the film.

Reerun_KC 01-18-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14049700)

He could of put the team on his back and willed them to victory. But he didn’t.

BigRedChief 01-18-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14049723)
He should be the one banging the drum.:clap:

You cant really complain about the owner, the son of who the trophy they are playing for is named after banging the drum.

FloridaMan88 01-18-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14049727)
He could of put the team on his back and willed them to victory. But he didn’t.

Father Time caught up with him.