ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Official Free Agency Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270906)

Brock 04-21-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9606339)
You mean that "shit offense" that took Tim "the worst QB ever" Tebow to the playoffs and beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

It was still a shit offense.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 11:34 AM

The New York Daily News confirms the "framework" of a trade sending Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay is indeed in place.
Completion is expected late Sunday or early Monday, pending results of Revis' physical at Bucs headquarters. The physical is taking place today. ESPN New York reports the sides have "agreed to trade compensation," while the NY Daily News' Manish Mehta confirms "general parameters" of a Bucs-Revis contract are "also done." Coupled with Dashon Goldson, the acquisition of Revis will give Bucs defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan an ability to dial up heavy blitzes without fear of opposing wideouts running free in Tampa's backend. Also capable of matching up with Julio Jones, Steve Smith, and Marques Colston or Jimmy Graham, the Revis deal has major implications throughout the NFC South.
Related: Buccaneers

thabear04 04-21-2013 12:27 PM

Revis,Goldson,Barron that one good secondary

Easy 6 04-21-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9585171)
If I was a Rams fan, I'd be furious. Their approach to the WR position mirrors the Chiefs approach to the RB position in the late 90s.

Or you could compare them to Fishers Titan teams, they NEVER had a reciever corp worth a crap, the only guy they ever had was Dyson, and he was only average.

History is repeating itself in St. Louis.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 9609938)
Revis,Goldson,Barron that one good secondary

They won't win shit with Freeman

thabear04 04-21-2013 03:18 PM

Jets receive Bucs 1st round and conditional 2014 4th pick for Darrelle Revis trade.

Revis passes physical and sings 6 years deal worth $96 mill.

Chief Roundup 04-21-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 9610798)
Jets receive Bucs 1st round and conditional 2014 4th pick for Darrelle Revis trade.

Revis passes physical and sings 6 years deal worth $96 mill.

WOW for a broken CB. The Bucs didn't buck hard enough, because they got ****ed!

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9611068)
WOW for a broken CB. The Bucs didn't buck hard enough, because they got ****ed!

Broken? Players are coming back easily from these torn ACLs. I wouldn't call him broken.

Chief Roundup 04-21-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9611086)
Broken? Players are coming back easily from these torn ACLs. I wouldn't call him broken.

Yeah he will be broken until he returns to former level of play. 2 of the players that went down came back and looked good. The rest did not fair nearly as well. You never know until after which side of the recovery a player will fall.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9611086)

Tell that to Jordan Shipley and Kerry Meier.

I'm really just being a ****, the argument is flawed because Revis will obtain better treatment than both of those 2.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611625)

I'm really just being a ****, the argument is flawed because Revis will obtain better treatment than both of those 2.

I know there's a lot of players that haven't come back, but players now a days are far more likely to come back. Although they might not be 100%, they're 90-95% at least. He's one of the greatest lockdown corners. They need one bad in that division. He's more valuable to them than to other teams because of the WRs in that division (White, Jones, Colston, Smith)

thabear04 04-21-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9611914)
I know there's a lot of players that haven't come back, but players now a days are far more likely to come back. Although they might not be 100%, they're 90-95% at least. He's one of the greatest lockdown corners. They need one bad in that division. He's more valuable to them than to other teams because of the WRs in that division (White, Jones, Colston, Smith)

Don't forget Jimmy Graham

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 9612807)
Don't forget Jimmy Graham

Ya forgot bout him cuz he's a tight end.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611625)

Or Tony Moeaki, Eric Berry. Guys that were able to play but weren't the same. Maybe in another year...maybe not. Hope so, but only time will tell.

Then of course there is Al Harris, or Dominique Foxworth. Both had plenty of money and were not able to come back AT ALL.
There is also Terrell Thomas, Thomas Davis that had one and then had another within the next season or 2 and that ended their careers because it was never the same after the initial injury.

I understand that Revis "passed" a physical. I question how you pass someone that is in and doing rehab. I am assuming that because he is where he is suppose to be during this stage of rehab that he passed. :shrug:
The Bucs just gave up their 1st round draft pick this year and a 96 million dollar contract to someone that is injured and definitely has an up hill battle against odds that really are not in his favor.
Oh and by the way all of the guys I mention are either 26 or 27 years. Revis is 27 yrs. old.

thabear04 04-22-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9612985)
Ya forgot bout him cuz he's a tight end.

Still a threat in the passing game.