ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Falling skies TNT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246306)

Molitoth 06-20-2011 07:58 AM

I like the plot... (I was a big War of the Worlds fan)
I like the main character Tom.... he's a likable character and well played so far.

What I didn't like was that some scenes were far too jumpy. Like the scene where they go to the armory to scout it.... the little 13 year old kid makes a mistake in trying to protect his dog, then the scene just drops off a cliff and the next clip you are instantly in someones bedroom the next day. It made me wonder if they had messed up the viewing, or if the kid was dreaming, or if it was a flashback or something.

There were a couple scenes like that. But overall, I will be continuing to watch this until it gets dumb.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-20-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7705831)
No commentary on this series specifically until I actually watch an episode, but it really seems like the former big 3 networks spend money on crap for the most part, and all these cable networks are spending on much better shows.

Agree 100%. For the most part, nothing on those networks is worth a shit. Very lame comedies, sitcoms, and garbage reality shows.

kcxiv 06-20-2011 06:42 PM

i seen half of it, then my neice wanted to watch Car's, so i didnt get to finish it, but i will later today. So far i was ok with it. Will continue.

Baby Lee 06-20-2011 06:47 PM

To be perfectly honest, simply having Jessy Schram and Sarah Carter onscreen will probably suffice for a while.

notorious 06-21-2011 07:01 AM

Meh.

bevischief 06-21-2011 08:01 PM

I will watch a few more before forming a opinion at this point.

007 06-22-2011 01:41 AM

Well, it didn't bore me.

blaise 06-22-2011 06:45 AM

It was ok. I just didn't like all of the set up stuff.

"Hey, this is where we have a discussion where I tell you I was a history professor."

"This is another discussion about me being a history professor, in case you missed the first one."

"This is the discussion where we show the relationship between the doctor and the professor."

"Here's where we set up the conflict with the grizzled Army guy."

"Now, here's the part where the kid skateboards, and we all share a poignant moment."

Hopefully they got that out of the way.

AndChiefs 06-22-2011 08:51 AM

I'd try watching the pilot but it's not on their website. Oh well.

Rausch 06-22-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 7709229)
I'd try watching the pilot but it's not on their website. Oh well.

Plan to look for it as well...

notorious 06-22-2011 04:15 PM

Zero creativity.

It looks as if it going to be a clone of all the alien invasion movies.

It better pick up, because it is not even mediocre yet.

unlurking 06-23-2011 04:57 AM

Episode 2 and they go straight to a typical tv series plot line of man vs. man, using aliens only in a cameo role. I hope this doesn't turn into a soap opera with aliens as an occasional plot device.

Same camp as everyone else, will have to wait a few more episodes. Has potential, but I get the feeling it will be removed from my DVR list in a few weeks.

blaise 06-23-2011 05:06 AM

The survivors seem to walk around in the open a lot.

notorious 06-23-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7711103)
The survivors seem to walk around in the open a lot.

That's one of my problems with the show. Aliens can't hit shit, it takes their aiming system 2-3 seconds to even get a shot, and the "skidders" aren't even armed. :facepalm:

Horrible. A superior alien race should be able to kill a human at least as efficiently as we kill each other.

blaise 06-23-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7711145)
That's one of my problems with the show. Aliens can't hit shit, it takes their aiming system 2-3 seconds to even get a shot, and the "skidders" aren't even armed. :facepalm:

Horrible. A superior alien race should be able to kill a human at least as efficiently as we kill each other.

Yeah, I didn't know if they were trying to drop a hint when the criminal gang leader asked why the robots have two legs and the "skidders" have six. Like, maybe there's another alien being that created the robots and gets the skidders to do their bidding somehow. I thought the same thing, "Why wouldn't the skidders have a gun?" Maybe because the aliens in charge don't want to arm them for fear of uprising.
But I might be giving the show too much credit.