ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

007 09-18-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 5031000)
I'm not sure I'm a big fan. I enjoyed the first weeks episode, but I'm beginning to think that they may be trying to gross a person out more than make a good story.

I went ahead and watched the first two eps online. It is no X files. That much is certain.

It really looks like it wants to be Lost with the questions it keeps creating. I really don't want to see this turn into a show that has to go ep to ep for the storyline. I was expecting it to be more like each ep was stand alone.

irishjayhawk 09-18-2008 09:10 PM

I don't get everyone's obsession with the X-Files. Though it was a show before my time...

ChiefsFan4Life 09-18-2008 09:21 PM

Just watched the first two episodes, had them DVR'd and I am a fan ... love both episodes so far

007 09-18-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5033119)
I don't get everyone's obsession with the X-Files. Though it was a show before my time...

Have you seen any episodes of it?

irishjayhawk 09-18-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5033160)
Have you seen any episodes of it?

Here and there. And I saw the first movie.

Nothing to special.

morphius 09-18-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5033050)
I went ahead and watched the first two eps online. It is no X files. That much is certain.

It really looks like it wants to be Lost with the questions it keeps creating. I really don't want to see this turn into a show that has to go ep to ep for the storyline. I was expecting it to be more like each ep was stand alone.

I didn't see any of the commercials, some friend told me that it was on, so I gave it a shot. I prefer my scifi type shows to have an ongoing story, the cool thing is that you don't have to go to the well with it every episode. But eh, that could just be me...

irishjayhawk 09-18-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 5033189)
I didn't see any of the commercials, some friend told me that it was on, so I gave it a shot. I prefer my scifi type shows to have an ongoing story, the cool thing is that you don't have to go to the well with it every episode. But eh, that could just be me...

Does this not have an ongoing story?

007 09-19-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 5033189)

Don't get me wrong, I like the ongoing stories. Just didn't expect that with this show. And with Abrams being involved, I don't know that i need 2 shows frustrating the crap out of me with new questions posed every week.

007 09-19-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5033174)
Here and there. And I saw the first movie.

Nothing to special.

Definitely DON'T go by the movie. Rent seasons 1-3 if you have a chance and see what you think. If you want to take the time that is. That is a lot of eps to try and fit in.

morphius 09-19-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5033193)
Does this not have an ongoing story?

Yes it does.

morphius 09-19-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5033919)
Don't get me wrong, I like the ongoing stories. Just didn't expect that with this show. And with Abrams being involved, I don't know that i need 2 shows frustrating the crap out of me with new questions posed every week.

Ha! I can see your point there.

I'm worried now how lame the story is going to feel if, just guessing, the son is really a clone of his Dad and he starts to worry that he is going to go nuts as well.

007 09-19-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 5034102)
Ha! I can see your point there.

I'm worried now how lame the story is going to feel if, just guessing, the son is really a clone of his Dad and he starts to worry that he is going to go nuts as well.

Damn, that sounds almost inevitable.

ChiefsFanatic 09-20-2008 03:46 PM

That blonde chick is ugly, and her acting ability is somewhere close to Keanu Reeves.

keg in kc 09-20-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5036188)
Damn, that sounds almost inevitable.

Yep.

Abrams isn't known for taking the obvious route, fortunately. Him being a clone would I think ruin the show for me. It's probably something else, though, something crazy.

irishjayhawk 09-20-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5037904)
Yep.

Abrams isn't known for taking the obvious route, fortunately. Him being a clone would I think ruin the show for me. It's probably something else, though, something crazy.

I'm going to guess that rather than him be a clone of his dad, he is his dad, as a younger self, due to time travel.

Time travel seems like fringe science.