ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Deberg_1990 11-09-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7161975)
No kidding. The
Spoiler!
scene was easily as gruesome as anything I've seen in a rated "R" movie.

Heres what made that scene great and sets this show apart as a cut above:
Spoiler!

siberian khatru 11-10-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7161975)
No kidding. The
Spoiler!
scene was easily as gruesome as anything I've seen in a rated "R" movie.

I agree with that and the idea of the smell. I was recoiling during that scene.

But you know what really impressed me about it? I don't think I've ever seen that in a zombie movie before, and I've seen a bunch. It's hard to do something original in that genre, and it appears they did.

Bowser 11-10-2010 11:43 AM

That was one scene the stole straight out of the comics. A little more harsh when seen in livnig color, lol.

Buck 11-10-2010 07:26 PM

A few things about the earlier discussion.

I'm pretty sure in the comics, Glen mentions to Rick that the reason he is so deep into downtown Atlanta is that all the stuff on the outskirts has already been foraged.

Also, the fact that the Zombies could climb fences (and ladders?) is stupid. I think a few were even running! They never did that in the comic. Those are more like the 28 Days Later style of "Zombies." I put that in quotes because I still contend that the "zombies" in 28 days later weren't zombies.

KcMizzou 11-10-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7163663)

I'm pretty sure in the comics, Glen mentions to Rick that the reason he is so deep into downtown Atlanta is that all the stuff on the outskirts has already been foraged.

Also, the fact that the Zombies could climb fences (and ladders?) is stupid. I think a few were even running! They never did that in the comic. Those are more like the 28 Days Later style of "Zombies." I put that in quotes because I still contend that the "zombies" in 28 days later weren't zombies.

I, too, prefer the traditional slow, lumbering zombies.

Sure, they're easy to take out one at a time. What makes them frightening is the massive hordes of them... the inevitabilty of it all.

blaise 11-10-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7163663)

I think they tried to explain the fast moving zombies, sort of, in one of the scenes with the father and son. The dad said something like, "When there's just one they're no problem, but when they get together they move faster" or something like that. I don't mind the climbing fences in Walking Dead because I think, for the most part, they're lumbering zombies.
And no, the people in 28 Days Later aren't zombies.
As far as downtown Atlanta- I don't think you'd ever reach it if the urban areas were as zombie infested as they show downtown to be. But I choose not to care really. You have to suspend disbelief somewhat to enjoy it. You also wouldn't have your neck shaved and a trimmed beard when you awoke from a coma, either, but whatever. I just don't worry about it.

Bowser 11-11-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7163809)
I, too, prefer the traditional slow, lumbering zombies.

Sure, they're easy to take out one at a time. What makes them frightening is the massive hordes of them... the inevitabilty of it all.

Herds. Hopefully, they pull a scene of a zombie herd from the books......

cookster50 11-11-2010 09:38 AM

I see it was picked up for a second season of 13 episodes. The crappy thing is this season is only 6 episodes.

bevischief 11-14-2010 10:27 AM

Here is a review for tonight's episode.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47442

irishjayhawk 11-14-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7164381)
I see it was picked up for a second season of 13 episodes. The crappy thing is this season is only 6 episodes.

This is for anyone who has read the books.

Are the 6 episodes this season spanning all of the books? That is, have they spent all the source material in the 6 episodes they got initially and will be making original decisions in the next season?

NewChief 11-14-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7169858)

Are the 6 episodes this season spanning all of the books? That is, have they spent all the source material in the 6 episodes they got initially and will be making original decisions in the next season?

From where I heard the last one ended, they haven't even gotten through Vol. I yet. There are 13 volumes in the comics so far.

Buck 11-14-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7169858)

The first season will end where the first TPB ends (supposedly). There are 13 TPBs to this point.

There are 78 issues of the comic so far and so far the TV show has gotten to about issue 2.

The TV show WILL NEVER catch up to the current point in the book, IMO.

cabletech94 11-14-2010 04:51 PM

i'm sure it's been posted already, so here's a repost:

picked up for season 2. 13 episode run.

natch!

Buck 11-15-2010 02:28 AM

NOW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE

The ****ing music in the background near the end was awesome too.

Shane accidentally Ed.

Merle accidentally his hand.

Man o man I wonder what happened to Merle.

Shogun 11-15-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7173790)
NOW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE

The ****ing music in the background near the end was awesome too.

Shane accidentally Ed.

Merle accidentally his hand.

Man o man I wonder what happened to Merle.

lmao. dude had to have jumped