ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Right Fifty Three (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262455)

RealSNR 08-16-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8822725)
Hmmm.... Like this.

QB: Cassel, Stanzi, Quinn
RB: Charles, Hillis, Draughn, Gray
FB: Eachus

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster, Wylie, Copper
TE: Moeaki, Boss, Maneri

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Lilja, Allen
C: Hudson, Bruggeman
RG: Asamoah, Allen
RT: Winston, Stephenson

DE: Dorsey, Gordon, Bailey
DT: Toribio, Powe, Poe
DE: Jackson, Pitoitua

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Jones

CB: Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Daniels, Brown
S: Berry, Lewis, Elam, Menzie

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

AHHHHHH.

I had to cut Bair to make room.

Question:

Let's assume all of these guys are healthy for gameday action. What would your inactive list look like for Week 1?

Direckshun 08-16-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8822734)
Studebaker's making the team dude.

I thought I was being asked how I'd do it.

I cut Stude and give Jones a shot.

Direckshun 08-16-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8822741)
Question:

Let's assume all of these guys are healthy for gameday action. What would your inactive list look like for Week 1?

Jesus.

How long's the list, again? 7 inactives?

Direckshun 08-16-2012 12:34 PM

Assuming it's seven, my inactives on week 1 (damn this is hard...):

Quinn
Gray
Bruggeman
Powe
Bailey/Pitoitua/Gordon -- whoever the 3rd string DE is
Jones
Menzie

That was insanely difficult. And other than Quinn, I hate having them all inactive.

jd1020 08-16-2012 12:38 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wiley inactive.

Direckshun 08-16-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8822806)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Wiley inactive.

Me neither, but I think his special teams value is high.

mcaj22 08-16-2012 12:54 PM

that's the thing about the carrying 3 QBs. If you are a homer and honestly believe Stanzi will win the 2 job and suit up every week (which is fine to think) then you have to be realistic and believe there is no way Quinn will be on this team to NOT suit up and be inactive. They will just flat out cut him and give him the benefit of the doubt he lands with another team. That will free up a roster spot easily.

I still think they defer to him as #2 because he's a veteran and Stanzi wont be suiting up and will be on the inactive every week, but that's just me.

RealSNR 08-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8822781)
Assuming it's seven, my inactives on week 1 (damn this is hard...):

Quinn
Gray
Bruggeman
Powe
Bailey/Pitoitua/Gordon -- whoever the 3rd string DE is
Jones
Menzie

That was insanely difficult. And other than Quinn, I hate having them all inactive.

It's 8. Teams can only suit up 45 guys.

One more.

I'd probably go with Stephenson, honestly. He's not going to be very helpful anyway if Winston or Albert went down. Dude still has some problems. Jeff Allen would play LT if it were Albert. If it's Winston then... damn... shift Albert over and put in Allen? No clue.

Direckshun 08-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8822898)
It's 8. Teams can only suit up 45 guys.

One more.

I'd probably go with Stephenson, honestly. He's not going to be very helpful anyway if Winston or Albert went down. Dude still has some problems. Jeff Allen would play LT if it were Albert. If it's Winston then... damn... shift Albert over and put in Allen? No clue.

Yup, either Stephenson or Wylie.

RealSNR 08-16-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8822890)
that's the thing about the carrying 3 QBs. If you are a homer and honestly believe Stanzi will win the 2 job and suit up every week (which is fine to think) then you have to be realistic and believe there is no way Quinn will be on this team to NOT suit up and be inactive. They will just flat out cut him and give him the benefit of the doubt he lands with another team. That will free up a roster spot easily.

I still think they defer to him as #2 because he's a veteran and Stanzi wont be suiting up and will be on the inactive every week, but that's just me.

The issue isn't roster spots. It would be nice to keep some of those other guys like Bair around, but it's not crucial.

The issue is selecting from the group of guys we have. Carrying Quinn as the 3 takes up one inactive roster spot, which helps us out tremendously. It actually frees us up to suit up Greenwood, Wylie, or another key special teamer.

RealSNR 08-16-2012 01:00 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Poe get put on the inactive for a few weeks. The dude needs time, and it's far better to do that while Poe is still figuring stuff out than to deny a valuable contributor like Gordon or Country Strong

Direckshun 08-16-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8822913)
Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Poe get put on the inactive for a few weeks. The dude needs time, and it's far better to do that while Poe is still figuring stuff out than to deny a valuable contributor like Gordon or Country Strong

Yup.

I don't know if I'll be able to stand the freakout from OTW and Clay when it happens, but yup.

mcaj22 08-16-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8822908)
The issue isn't roster spots. It would be nice to keep some of those other guys like Bair around, but it's not crucial.

The issue is selecting from the group of guys we have. Carrying Quinn as the 3 takes up one inactive roster spot, which helps us out tremendously. It actually frees us up to suit up Greenwood, Wylie, or another key special teamer.

Right and do you believe that Quinn left Denver as the #3 to be the Chiefs #3?

i dont buy that at all. Especially if he has any sort of ego to him. I assume he will just asked to be released and I wouldnt blame him.

If Stanzi earns and wins the 2, let him be the 2. Cut Quinn and sign some scrub QB to be on the practice squad. No reason to ever have two QBs on the roster that do the same thing.

jd1020 08-16-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8822923)
Right and do you believe that Quinn left Denver as the #3 to be the Chiefs #3?

i dont buy that at all. Especially if he has any sort of ego to him. I assume he will just asked to be released and I wouldnt blame him.

If Stanzi earns and wins the 2, let him be the 2. Cut Quinn and sign some scrub QB to be on the practice squad. No reason to ever have two QBs on the roster that do the same thing.

We've already got that scrub PS QB on the roster.

Direckshun 08-16-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8822927)
We've already got that scrub PS QB on the roster.

MARK CASTLE?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I MADE FUN OF MARK CASTLE