ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

Frazod 04-04-2012 06:30 PM

New drinking game - every time one of these shitbag ESPN guys says Pujols, drink.

Unfortunately, you'll probably be dead from alcohol poisoning within two innings.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:30 PM

Make Ozzie pay for that stupid walk, Freese.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:32 PM

Damn.

J Diddy 04-04-2012 06:48 PM

Keep playing the chevy commercials from last years playoffs.

Worked out well.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:57 PM

Amazing that a shitbag like Lohse could be doing this through 6.

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8518476)
Amazing that a shitbag like Lohse could be doing this through 6.

He actually was our best pitcher in spring training........well besides Wainright.

Marcellus 04-04-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8518507)
He actually was our best pitcher in spring training........well besides Wainright.

He had the best ERA on the team last year as well.

J Diddy 04-04-2012 07:35 PM

****ing bullshit'

DeezNutz 04-04-2012 07:37 PM

Cardinals screwed there.

And is Holliday the biggest pussy in MLB or is he just pretending to act the part tonight?

Scott Pilgrim 04-04-2012 08:23 PM

Why is Loshe so underrated by Cardinals fans

Marcellus 04-04-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8518568)
Cardinals screwed there.

And is Holliday the biggest pussy in MLB or is he just pretending to act the part tonight?

I expect you will eat those words this season.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-04-2012 08:27 PM

1-0 in a "down year" :)

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 8518703)
Why is Loshe so underrated by Cardinals fans

He usually pitches 3-4 innings and then the next inning gives up 4-5 runs before you can get him out. He got the big contract and the first two years stunk up the joint. How much he pitched in the WS tells you how much the cardinals trust him.

But, we should start giving him more props.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8518568)
Cardinals screwed there.

Judging by last year's postseason, it's the former. Still a great hitter, though.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:39 PM

Lohse is a nice #3 that got a really bad rap for getting injured immediately after Mozeliak gave him a stupid contract.

He's actually a lot like Jeff Suppan in that his stuff isn't overpowering, but isn't easy to square up either. Another year removed from career-threatening surgery (and pitching for another contract) and I expect he'll have a very nice year for us.

And for anyone that hasn't been to spring training or watched his FSMW interviews, or even saw his LaRussa impression last season - I'd suggest you give rooting for him a try. He's a damn cool guy and a really easy player to pull for.

Keep an eye on Westbrook as well; with a real defense behind him I expect he'll be much more aggressive and much better this season.

This is a very very good ballclub that could win 95 games this season.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8518847)
Judging by last year's postseason, it's the former. Still a great hitter, though.

Holliday was one of the 15 most valuable players in the national league based on WAR despite playing only 80% of his team's games last year. In other words - when he was on the field, he was fantastic. And for a guy that's taking so much heat for being a 'pussy'; he still played damn near 4 out of every 5 games his team played despite having appendicitis and tendon damage in his wrist.

If you can't respect Holliday's game, I'm not sure exactly who's you can.

O.city 04-04-2012 09:42 PM

If they can stay healthy, they very well could win 95 games.

If you could introduce Allen Craigs bat into that lineup, it's gets even tougher. I really wish like hell Shelby was ready to roll this year, but I get not rushing him.

Frazod 04-04-2012 09:47 PM

Nice job tonight by pretty much everybody but that douche Holliday. :thumb:

O.city 04-04-2012 09:48 PM

I think this team could be fun to watch. Could swing the other way tho.

I am excited and hopeful that Freese can stay healthy for the long haul this year.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8518935)

If you could introduce Allen Craigs bat into that lineup, it's gets even tougher. I really wish like hell Shelby was ready to roll this year, but I get not rushing him.

Shelby probably is ready to roll this year; but if there's no need, leave him in the minors to refine his breaking stuff. He gets a little fastball happy right now.

Oh, and if you have any Marlins on your fantasy team - trade 'em now. I have no earthly idea how anyone on that squad can hit 30 out. Jesus, that ballpark is a freakin' monster. It's like Petco with a roof.

As for Craig - he'll probably get 300 ABs by the time all is said and done. Beltran and Berkman will all need time off and Jay shouldn't be starting against lefties (putting Beltran in CF and Craig in RF).

As much as it pains me to give Mozeliak credit; this team sure looks put together well.

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8518935)

And if we could add a healthy Carpenter for a stretch run and the playoffs........

rico 04-05-2012 12:14 AM

I couldn't watch the game for I had to work late. My friend told me Lohse looked real sharp. Great to hear. I like the note the Cardinals have started on. I am obviously really hoping that Pujols busts for the Angels.

DeezNutz 04-05-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8518932)
Holliday was one of the 15 most valuable players in the national league based on WAR despite playing only 80% of his team's games last year. In other words - when he was on the field, he was fantastic. And for a guy that's taking so much heat for being a 'pussy'; he still played damn near 4 out of every 5 games his team played despite having appendicitis and tendon damage in his wrist.

If you can't respect Holliday's game, I'm not sure exactly who's you can.

If he continues to cry about every single strike he sees, he'll wear the pussy label whether he damn well wants to or not. Seriously, the guy was acting like a petulant little leaguer last night.

Mi_chief_fan 04-05-2012 06:18 AM

A lot to be encouraged by last night. Lohse pitched great, Furcal, Beltran got on base I think 5or 6 times,Berkman & Freese looked sharp, defense was flawless, and it should have been a shutout if not for the first-base ump going Don Denkinger.

Good way to start the season.

Was hoping to see an Ozzie rant.

Marcellus 04-05-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8519229)
If he continues to cry about every single strike he sees, he'll wear the pussy label whether he damn well wants to or not. Seriously, the guy was acting like a petulant little leaguer last night.

Yea, I know, it seems like some people like to bitch about everything............

J Diddy 04-05-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8519229)

This.

However, I'm not a huge Holliday fan. Seems like every time there is a moment to shine, he does not come through.

raybec 4 04-05-2012 07:45 AM

I really like Matheny. Did anyone see the interview where Rooney asked him if he slept the night before- "Like a baby" that dude is super cool

rico 04-05-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 8519349)
I really like Matheny. Did anyone see the interview where Rooney asked him if he slept the night before- "Like a baby" that dude is super cool

Nice, I've been wondering about how he will do as our manager. Hopefully yesterday was a good indicator.

Mi_chief_fan 04-05-2012 09:53 AM

That last pitch that Motte threw to Stanton was just filthy. If he can mix in that pitch with his 100mph heater, it will easily be the best in the NL Central.

Swanman 04-05-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 8519634)
That last pitch that Motte threw to Stanton was just filthy. If he can mix in that pitch with his 100mph heater, it will easily be the best in the NL Central.

Actually his last two pitches were both 90+ mph sliders, and that is just unfair. He doesn't even need to throw that pitch for a strike most of the time, hitters will chase it. Also, his 99 mph letter high fastball to the previous batter was a thing of beauty. With Scrabble and Salas working the setup role, I am pretty damn confident about the bullpen. I am out of the loop, what's the deal with Sanchez? Last year he had perfect setup man stuff before he got hurt.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2012 12:13 PM

The heater to Ramirez was the most fun I had all night.

Dude has a freakin' cannon.

As to the rest of the 'pen; Salas is gonna start getting hit this year, IMO. His stuff is wildly mediocre, but I love the way he attacks hitters. In the end, he's probably best suited as your swing man, not your setup man. I'd love to see us go after Lannan now that he's asked to be traded and move Lynn to the 8th. Sanchez has great stuff but his delivery is incredibly violent; he's likely to get injured again. Scrabble is going to be a huge weapon for us, though I'm still a little disappointed that he's unlikely to get a chance to start.

Jewish Rabbi 04-05-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8519846)
Actually his last two pitches were both 90+ mph sliders, and that is just unfair. He doesn't even need to throw that pitch for a strike most of the time, hitters will chase it. Also, his 99 mph letter high fastball to the previous batter was a thing of beauty. With Scrabble and Salas working the setup role, I am pretty damn confident about the bullpen. I am out of the loop, what's the deal with Sanchez? Last year he had perfect setup man stuff before he got hurt.

Tons of strikeouts along with walks in Spring Training. The Post Dispatch kind of mentioned that he would have made the team most years (he didn't allow an earned run), but with as good as our bullpen is this year, they wanted him to hammer out his control issues in Memphis. Don't be surprised to see him up again this year.

whoman69 04-05-2012 12:33 PM

I've heard reports that Westbrook lost weight and is looking much better. If he can improve, in the short term it could make up for Carpenter's loss. I don't think anyone wants to see Carpenter on the DL long term, but they shouldn't try to hurry him back before he's ready.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2012 01:34 PM

Sanchez will be back; he had options left and the others didn't. Well that's not entirely true, Salas did as well, but Salas is an attacker and you know what you have with him. Sanchez still has some rough edges to polish up and ultimately, while he wasn't our worst pitcher in the spring, he was probably the worst one that we could send to Memphis without losing.

It was a numbers game and Sanchez lost it. Though with Linebrink evidently going to the DL, it's Marte that's getting called up and not Sanchez. So clearly there's something in Sanchez right now that the big club doesn't want to work out at the major league level.

We got Marte last year in a trade that happened right in advance of spring training. The cost? $1.

veist 04-05-2012 05:13 PM

Yeah, if they want to clean up his mechanics it makes sense to send him down to Memphis since he has options left and there is going to be less pressure for immediate results.

BigRedChief 04-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8519900)
I've heard reports that Westbrook lost weight and is looking much better. If he can improve, in the short term it could make up for Carpenter's loss. I don't think anyone wants to see Carpenter on the DL long term, but they shouldn't try to hurry him back before he's ready.

I was in Jupiter and watched Westbrook pitch his last spring training game about 4 rows behind home plate.

Westbrook was sharp and his balls, all of his pitches had good movement.

BigRedChief 04-05-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Actually his last two pitches were both 90+ mph sliders, and that is just unfair. He doesn't even need to throw that pitch for a strike most of the time, hitters will chase it. Also, his 99 mph letter high fastball to the previous batter was a thing of beauty.

If Motte can get hitters to chase that 90+ mph slider he has a very high ceiling. 98/99 mph fastball and a 91 mph slider....thats an all-star combination.

Marcellus 04-05-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8520387)
I was in Jupiter and watched Westbrook pitch his last spring training game about 4 rows behind home plate.

Westbrook was sharp and his balls, all of his pitches had good movement.

:eek:

Frazod 04-05-2012 06:06 PM

One of my Cub fan friends posted a link on Facebook to the latest silly-ass One Day We'll Win! song, this one by Eddie Vedder. Says it's a new anthem for Cub fans.

I replied: "The Cardinals have an anthem. It's by Queen, called WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. Can be played to actual footage of Going All The Way!"

I may be getting defriended soon. :evil:

veist 04-05-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8520451)
One of my Cub fan friends posted a link on Facebook to the latest silly-ass One Day We'll Win! song, this one by Eddie Vedder. Says it's a new anthem for Cub fans.

I replied: "The Cardinals have an anthem. It's by Queen, called WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. Can be played to actual footage of Going All The Way!"

I may be getting defriended soon. :evil:

Troll Level: Master

Mi_chief_fan 04-06-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Here's a tweet from Brian Walton on Sanchez from last night's game in OKC:

Eduardo Sanchez' 9th inning for Memphis: 2 BB, HBP, 2B for 2 RBI, IBB, K, DP to end game. 2 R allowed, but gets ugly save. Mem 4, OKC 3.

Marcellus 04-06-2012 03:05 PM

Showing some pop today. 4 HR's through 3 innings.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2012 03:08 PM

They went HR, HR, BB, HR, BB to start the 3rd.

The top of the order - not too shabby.

Frazod 04-06-2012 03:23 PM

Anybody actually watching the game? I wonder what sort of reception they got from the Brewers fans.

I assume it wasn't overly cordial. :D

Scott Pilgrim 04-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522112)
Anybody actually watching the game? I wonder what sort of reception they got from the Brewers fans.

They were loud at the start... not so much anymore

Marcellus 04-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522112)

Didn't hear many boos for the Cards but they gave Braun a 2 minute standing ovation. LMAO

Cheering a cheater is all they got now.

Frazod 04-06-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8522121)
Didn't hear many boos for the Cards but they gave Braun a 2 minute standing ovation. LMAO

Cheering a cheater is all they got now.

Hey, a little respect - after all, they are defending NL Central Champions.

*snicker*

Jewish Rabbi 04-06-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522124)

*snicker*

They gave him the MVP chants his second time up.

Jewish Rabbi 04-06-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8522092)
They went HR, HR, BB, HR, BB to start the 3rd.

The top of the order - not too shabby.

As Horton said... Falling into old habits of only scoring on home runs. :D

KC_Connection 04-06-2012 03:45 PM

All of those people cheering Braun were the same people booing Bonds for years.

Scott Pilgrim 04-06-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8522150)
All of those people cheering Braun were the same people booing Bonds for years.

They apparently booed Big Mac pretty bad today...

Marcellus 04-06-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 8522154)
They apparently booed Big Mac pretty bad today...

Yea I caught that. Pretty ****ing ironic.

VAChief 04-06-2012 04:06 PM

Google eyes is up again and down again.

whoman69 04-06-2012 06:02 PM

We love our cheaters and hate theirs.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2012 06:28 PM

I guess I should have been paying closer attention, but a one game series against the Marlins? Wierd.

BigRedChief 04-06-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522124)

*snicker*

2nd biggest crowd of all time at Miller Park for opening day............ and we came in an took a big shit in the middle of their celebration of last year.:rolleyes:

BigRedChief 04-06-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8522424)
I guess I should have been paying closer attention, but a one game series against the Marlins? Wierd.

It was orginally scheduled for the middle of the year and they took it out and make it an opening day in the USA game.

O.city 04-07-2012 03:30 PM

Anyone watching the game today? How does Waino look?

Marcellus 04-07-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8524130)
Anyone watching the game today? How does Waino look?

Threw lost of balls earlier getting behind, gave up a gofer ball solo HR to Hart early, been lights out since.

O.city 04-07-2012 03:36 PM

I'm just keeping up with the box score, but he seems to have settled in.

O.city 04-07-2012 03:37 PM

I'm really excited for what this lineup will be when Craig comes back. I don't know where you put him, but he has to get some at bats.

Marcellus 04-07-2012 03:40 PM

Problem is Grienke looks great as well.

O.city 04-07-2012 03:41 PM

Yeah, Greinke appears to be dealing.

O.city 04-07-2012 03:51 PM

Big double play there.

BigRedChief 04-07-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8524165)
Yeah, Greinke appears to be dealing.

They gave up their future starting SS and CF to get Grienke for a year and a half. I wouldn't have made that trade in a million years. Grienke can look like he did today but he will flake out and melt down just as fast. No way you can count on his in a one game, playoff game. It will be a crapshoot.

O.city 04-07-2012 06:17 PM

It was nice to see Waino get into a groove for a while, want him to ease his way back in.

BigRedChief 04-07-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8524540)
It was nice to see Waino get into a groove for a while, want him to ease his way back in.

yeah he is going to want to go all out. It usually takes a year and a half to get back to full strength. We don't want him tired or having a dead arm in a playoff run or in the playoffs. This is the GM's/Managers fault if he dead arms before the playoffs.

O.city 04-07-2012 07:20 PM

Yeah, we need to ease him slowly back into this thing.

I actually thought 5 innings was the max he should have went today, but he was throwing it well so they let him push it.

I'm really excited about Matheny, I think Larussa, great as he was, was a little too intense at times and really ground people down over the long season.

Hammock Parties 04-08-2012 12:50 PM

This is funny as shit, you guys.

http://stlouis.sbnation.com/st-louis...-john-mozeliak

Quote:

Today in Legopiece Theater: Dugout Abbey: Without Tony La Russa, John Mozeliak's reign of terror over the Cardinals franchise is unchecked. Can anyone stop him?
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...MR1_medium.jpg

O.city 04-08-2012 01:06 PM

I'm sure the Cards will struggle today, with a soft tossing lefty on the mound.

O.city 04-08-2012 01:49 PM

Corey Hart is hammering us this weekend.

whoman69 04-08-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8525553)
I'm sure the Cards will struggle today, with a soft tossing lefty on the mound.

good call

O.city 04-08-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8525643)
good call

Yeah, I'm surprised we have scored some runs. Usually we struggle with Wolf.

BigRedChief 04-08-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8525649)
Yeah, I'm surprised we have scored some runs. Usually we struggle with Wolf.

But, the lineup is full of minor leagers so maybe they are more use to soft stuff?

Lynn has made one mistake. He is looking great today and he is doing it against the "A" line for the Brewers.

BigRedChief 04-08-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8525516)

We need a Hilter is psissed take. A lego one seems like a minor league version.

Marcellus 04-08-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8525664)
But, the lineup is full of minor leagers so maybe they are more use to soft stuff?

Lynn has made one mistake. He is looking great today and he is doing it against the "A" line for the Brewers.

Yup, our #6 starter and half a team of bench players is beating the Brew Crews best lineup.

Good to see Beltran looks to be having a Berkman like resurgence.

O.city 04-08-2012 02:14 PM

Beltran was good last year in SF just didn't get much talk.

I'm excited about this team this year.

O.city 04-08-2012 02:24 PM

I'm thinking the Brew crew went all in last year and just aren't that good. That lineup really lacks after Braun.

BigRedChief 04-08-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8525680)
Beltran was good last year in SF just didn't get much talk.

I'm excited about this team this year.

If Beltran has a resurrgence ala Berkman last year you are going to have to give credit to Mo. And also every veteran who has a bad year and is released by their team will start thinking St. Louis....might be a good way to keep the payroll down after we pay Waino?

BigRedChief 04-08-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8525697)
I'm thinking the Brew crew went all in last year and just aren't that good. That lineup really lacks after Braun.

3 starting pitchers on the Brewers are in the last year of their contract. This is the last year of their window.