ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Confidence in #11 ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328220)

Molitoth 01-18-2020 07:26 AM

Confidence in #11 ?

Just wanted to start this by saying I've been a big fan of Robinson as a Chief.

He is always available, a great blocker, and doing a hell of a lot of running while rarely seeing a target.

With the attention on Kelce and Hill, I've always thought that Drob could be balling out, but for some reason he hasn't been.

The last game I think we saw him drop 3 passes, two wide open for first downs.

Dropped passes are probably one of my biggest pet-peeves in this sport of football, and Drob royally had me pissed at my couch cushion.

I wonder if dropped passes are a common thing in Chiefs practice for Drob, and he doesn't have the confidence from Pat this season?

Anyway, still rooting for some big Drob moments this post-season.

Any comments/discussion on this topic?

InChiefsHeaven 01-18-2020 07:32 AM

He's a mystery to be sure. I mean, he has had some AMAZING catches (on handed in the EZ, the catch where he caught the ball while getting plowed and landing on his ass...both against the Raiders I think) etc. I really feel like last week was probably the worst he's looked all season. Hopefully he got that shit out of his system. He's been solid, and another cog in the amazing passing attack wheel that the Chiefs have this season. Great blocker as well. He should get his opportunities this weekend with all the focus on Reek and Kelce. Watkins and DRob are in no way slouches...and Hardman...damn, we got some receivers y'all...

stevieray 01-18-2020 07:41 AM

Maybe just a slump..he usually has great hands.

I'm a fan.

tyecopeland 01-18-2020 07:42 AM

He's going off tomorrow.

Chris Meck 01-18-2020 07:42 AM

I think the dropped passes from D-Rob AND from Kelce who had a couple there in the first quarter as well can be chalked up to being TOO hyped up.

He's never been a butterfingers that I can remember anyway.

And we've seen Kelce have the dropsies early in big, emotionally loaded type games before.

My only concern is that it just gets BIGGER each game now. and they've gotta get it together much earlier; we can't spot anyone 24 points and expect to win from here out.

milkshock 01-18-2020 07:44 AM

along with watkins, he has 2 games left as a chief

lets hope he makes them count

Pablo 01-18-2020 07:45 AM

He'll have at least one huge catch in the next two games. He's not gonna disappear completely and he usually finds a way to work open if everyone else is covered.

Chris Meck 01-18-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14731770)

I doubt that.

I mean Watkins is certainly gone.

No reason not to keep D-Rob if they want to. He won't be all that expensive.

DaFace 01-18-2020 07:48 AM

I can't imagine he's gonna drop 4 again in this game. But that said, I won't cry too much if he's not on the team next year.

ILChief 01-18-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14731770)

Maybe. Depends on the draft and what they think of Pringle and Dieter. Kemp’s contract is up as well and he would cost next to nothing to bring back

ChiefsCountry 01-18-2020 08:12 AM

I trust him more than the last #11.

J Diddy 01-18-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14731772)
I doubt that.

I mean Watkins is certainly gone.

No reason not to keep D-Rob if they want to. He won't be all that expensive.

I can see the negotiations now.

“I want a raise.”

“Here let me show you a tape of the divisional round in the playoffs.”

Demarcus walks out with a pay cut.

ThaVirus 01-18-2020 08:26 AM

He has trouble beating man coverage and disappears for multiple games throughout the season.. and I really ****ing hate when he carries the ball in one outstretched arm. It's ****ing dumb. It serves literally no purpose to hold the football that way and he's done it multiple times.

Pros: I guess he knows the offense and does a decent job of working himself open when Pat leaves the pocket.

It'll be tough to replace him given how little he costs us but he's the guy I think I'd rather let walk and watch another team sink their ship signing him to a big deal ala Conley or Albert Wilson. Let's see what Pringle can do with those snaps.

Why Not? 01-18-2020 08:37 AM

He had a shit game. It happens. You’re not gonna find many better 6th receiving option(Hill/Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, D Williams)

chiefzilla1501 01-18-2020 08:42 AM

You said it right. He doesn't get enough credit for how much he hustles as a blocker. If he's our target it's because the first 4 or 5 targets weren't open anyway. It's good that Robinsons value came down to earth. Maybe we can keep him for pretty cheap.