ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Stephenson @ LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267036)

Nightfyre 11-25-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9151075)
He outplayed Clady.

I like the "trolling the troll" play :clap:

RealSNR 11-25-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9151063)
Tough to tell as far as his pass blocking goes. The Chiefs played like straight up pussies offensively. They just ran the ball on every play and then would call a pass play every once in a while that gained 3 yards. If they played like a legit NFL team Von and Doom would have went off.

Geno gonna rape ya

Rausch 11-25-2012 04:11 PM

Like most Pioli additions they run block like monsters and pass block like they're dancing with the stars...

RunKC 11-25-2012 04:14 PM

I know that praising Pioli is a sin here, but he's done a nice job with the OL in the last 2 years.

They played really well today. Charles had some good holes to run through and VonDoom was essentially invisible most of the day. That's impressive since 2 rookies were starting.

Braincase 11-25-2012 04:18 PM

An hour after the game, and Stephenson just picked up another holding call.

Hoover 11-25-2012 06:13 PM

The oline is the only thing that has improved under Pioli. It's smart to take olinemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Might need to still eye a center in future drafts.

ChiefMojo 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

As a whole, Stephenson has done better than expected this year. Sure he wasn't expected to play as much as he has but since he has played, he hasn't been horrible. I think he has the making of being a quality LT in this league for many years. Still needs to get stronger and get better technique wise but the guy has God given ability that you need for a LT.

kcxiv 11-25-2012 07:16 PM

He played well. Then again the Chiefs dont throw all that much. lol Then again, we had jordan black here with herm did the same thing and he still sucked really bad. So yeah, he did well.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 07:21 PM

I'm not sure I agree with the general compliments about the offensive line. Given what we've invested, it seems like an underperforming group. In fact, many of the clips of Cassel being Cassel could actually be blamed on an offensive linemen or two or three getting destroyed.

With the high picks that we've invested, it doesn't seem like a talent problem. I think it's a game-planning problem. Blitzes and rush packages have bewildered our line all year. If you want to sack Cassel, all you have to do is alternate a few blitzes and stunts and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a rusher come free, and that's when the Cassel fun begins.

I'm not saying we need to replace the personnel at this point. I do wonder how they're game-planning, though, because our line is caught by surprise on every pass play.

Bump 11-25-2012 08:25 PM

he seemed to do okay, I didn't hear dumerville's name called once.

kcxiv 11-25-2012 08:27 PM

Didnt hear doomer or Von Miller's name at all really. Just that whitewood or whatever his name is.

Our oline is a little inconsitant at times, but over all they are solid. Problem is that our ****ing QB's have no pocket presence. All you have to do is go back to when Kyle Orton played and how in 3 games he was sacked once. Look at the pressure we put on Manning today, and how he knows where and when to step up in the pocket. Its quite amazing how good qb's can do that.

J Diddy 11-25-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9152069)
I'm not sure I agree with the general compliments about the offensive line. Given what we've invested, it seems like an underperforming group. In fact, many of the clips of Cassel being Cassel could actually be blamed on an offensive linemen or two or three getting destroyed.

With the high picks that we've invested, it doesn't seem like a talent problem. I think it's a game-planning problem. Blitzes and rush packages have bewildered our line all year. If you want to sack Cassel, all you have to do is alternate a few blitzes and stunts and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a rusher come free, and that's when the Cassel fun begins.

I'm not saying we need to replace the personnel at this point. I do wonder how they're game-planning, though, because our line is caught by surprise on every pass play.

I would agree that the coaching is dog shit all the way around. A lot of players and all the coaches and gm should lose their jobs this year.

Marcellus 11-25-2012 08:45 PM

He played fine and if we had a QB the whole line would look ****ing great right now.

clyde05 11-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9151063)
Tough to tell as far as his pass blocking goes. The Chiefs played like straight up pussies offensively. They just ran the ball on every play and then would call a pass play every once in a while that gained 3 yards. If they played like a legit NFL team Von and Doom would have went off.

Kinda like the broncos played last year when they didn't have a qb

Frankie 11-25-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9151705)
The oline is the only thing that has improved under Pioli.

Improving on the POS we used to call an O-line is not hard.