ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Monte Kiffin resigns from USC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267203)

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 10:06 PM

You are pimping a guy who literally has 2 pressures in 105 pass rush snaps this year.

The guy he "replaced," Wallace Gilberry, was 10 times the player.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163245)
FFS you have no clue what his responsibility is on any given play and most of the time, his job is to hold the line, not push it.

The ****, dude? He's a third-down pass rusher lined up one one one against linemen. He's supposed to ****ing put pressure on the QB. He sucks at it.

You know who the two lowest rated 3-4 ends in terms of pass rush productivity are on PFF?

Tyson Jackson and Allen Bailey.

Keep ignoring the data.

BossChief 11-29-2012 10:07 PM

I'm not pimping anybody. Just saying that I think he has a high ceiling as a 3-4 zone blitzing end.

That's all.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163253)
I'm not pimping anybody. Just saying that I think he has a high ceiling as a 3-4 zone blitzing end.

That's all.

LMAO

He's being asked to 1-gap and get up the field on third downs, dude.

He's terrible. He's so ****ing bad he didn't even play last week. They put TYSON JACKSON on the field on third downs instead.

He's a bigger bust than your man lover, DMC.

Chief Roundup 11-29-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Town (Post 9162903)
Hope not, I need Gruden at Tennessee. A man can dream...

Gruden himself has already shot that down. So your dream is a dillusional fantasy.

BossChief 11-29-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163258)
LMAO

He's being asked to 1-gap and get up the field on third downs, dude.

He's terrible. He's so ****ing bad he didn't even play last week. They put TYSON JACKSON on the field on third downs instead.

He's a bigger bust than your man lover, DMC.

Keep it up, fuzzball.

Bewbies 11-29-2012 10:25 PM

Gruden is going to Cleveland.

Check that, Philly.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163307)
Keep it up, fuzzball.

LMAO

Continue pimping shitty players.

At least you can now agree you won't be getting any jerseys from ME this year.

O.city 11-29-2012 10:30 PM

I see Rev. PFF is at it again?

BossChief 11-29-2012 10:31 PM

266 yards receiving in 5 games isnt impossible.

He finished last year with 323 yards in the last 5 games.

Dont spend MY money quite yet, bro.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-29-2012 10:36 PM

you people are high. Monte is taking the fall so Lane gets less heat. He's not going to the NFL, any more than Michael Dixon is pursuing his options in the NBA.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163358)
266 yards receiving in 5 games isnt impossible.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I bet he doesn't have so much as 100.

This piece of shit has averaged 23 yards a game over the last month.

Just a terrible, terrible player and I have clowned you this year.

Let's not forget that Charles only needs 79 touches to hit 300. :p

Sorter 11-29-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163109)
Bailey and Ropati ****ing suck.

They don't put pressure on the QB. Period. Do I need to cite PPF ratings? Jesus Christ, dude.

Shaun Smith is garbage off the street.

The ONLY GUY on this roster with potential in this area is Poe.

As GoChiefs will tell you, I'm probably the biggest Bailey homer here. He had some excellent flashes against NE, Pitt, Chi, and GB.

That being said, he needs to be upgraded. I don't want to cut him, but we definitely need to upgrade the 3-tech either via FA or the draft, preferably FA for now and the draft next year, unless Richardson falls to us.

O.city 11-29-2012 10:54 PM

All the offensive "playmakers" Pioli has brought in, haven't done much of anything. I will agree to that.

And I know Clay will start slinging PFF numbers at me for this one, but when you break down the players skillset, they don't fit the offense, which makes them even worse picks by Pioli and even further shows the Cassel lackness.

Baldwin for instance. Was brought in to be the deep threat, which is something he actually can do, but our QB is the worst deep passer in the league by a long shot.

Dexter was brought in to be the slot guy, which he has gotten better at in regards to route running and has pretty reliable hands. He's had drops this year, but again, our inaccurate dildo's throwing them the ball don't count.

Now I'm not as big on Dexter as some, but I've sit at Arrowhead and watched Baldwin get/be open and not be thrown an accurate ball or get a ball his way.

Which, like we all know, Cassel isn't an accurate QB. And I know Clay will inevitably bring up Breaston's 2011 or Moss's 2008, which is fine, I get that, but Matt is a one read Qb in Dabolls offensive scheme.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 11:00 PM

His "reliable hands" are unreliable, because he has a drop percentage near the bottom of the freaking league. And this is on WELL THROWN BALLS. Don't make me post GIFs. I will ****ing eviscerate you ALL.

Stop pimping shitty players.

O.city 11-29-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163461)
His "reliable hands" are unreliable, because he has a drop percentage near the bottom of the freaking league. And this is on WELL THROWN BALLS. Don't make me post GIFs. I will ****ing eviscerate you ALL.

Stop pimping shitty players.

Nice Edit btw.

How much of the Chiefs WR's drops do you put on Cassel?

O.city 11-29-2012 11:05 PM

I'm not going to argue with you about Dexter. Either way with him, I'm fine.

But you can't run a productive passing offense with Matt Cassel at QB.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9163465)
Nice Edit btw.

How much of the Chiefs WR's drops do you put on Cassel?

On downfield targets he gets half the blame.

On throws to Dexter? ALL DEXTER. Those throws have been on the money. He's a terrible, terrible player who has no business in the NFL.

O.city 11-29-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163485)
On downfield targets he gets half the blame.

On throws to Dexter? ALL DEXTER. Those throws have been on the money. He's a terrible, terrible player who has no business in the NFL.

Fine.

I do know that in regards to Bowe, I've heard thru the grapevine that he's talked about how hard it is to catch Cassel throws cause they are so inconsistent.

Again, in regards to Dexter, I'm fine either way. I think guys that do what he does are a dime a dozen. Hell, Wylie would probably be just as good.

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 11:27 PM

Mark my words.

Whoever plays slot for this team next year (it WON'T be Dexter) will embarrass what he did this year.

Smed1065 11-29-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163324)
LMAO

Continue pimping shitty players.

Irony at its finest.

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163532)
Mark my words.

Whoever plays slot for this team next year (it WON'T be Dexter) will embarrass what he did this year.

Personally, I'd like to see Wylie take DMCs reps if he can stay healthy.

****, at this point, even if he isn't healthy. Wylie needs those snaps/reps

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 9163536)
Irony at its finest.

Devard Darling? ROFL

Hammock Parties 11-29-2012 11:31 PM

I pimped Devard Darling for a month.

The Dexter love has been ongoing for THREE YEARS.

It's disgusting.

BossChief 11-29-2012 11:37 PM

Should be a fun end to the year....either way.

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163541)

The Dexter love has been ongoing for THREE YEARS.

It's disgusting.

That kinda makes me sick.

BossChief 11-29-2012 11:44 PM

I dont think saying that Dexter would have 600 yards is "pimping him".

I was factoring in the fact that he would be Cassels "blankey"...I do think that if we draft Geno, he will have a lot more chances to make plays.

DaneMcCloud 11-30-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163541)

Yet I make about three posts BEFORE preseason and you continue to bring them up, one of them missing key elements.

Por Qué?

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163588)
I dont think saying that Dexter would have 600 yards is "pimping him".

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8831902)
Dexter McCluster is kicking big time ass out there and is arguably our best receiver (until Bowe gets his back into the swing of things. He is getting consistent separation and is catching almost everything thrown his way. If he keeps it up, he will provide a valuable weapon to this offense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8832051)
Like I've said a few times before, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see DMC gain MORE yards this year with LESS touches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8832446)
He is getting separation on nearly every route he runs and will help us win games this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8834192)
Lets not act as if Dexter wont touch the ball a lot this year.

he will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8888822)

The little midget is gonna clown you again this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8912525)

The kid is gonna have 1000 yards if he stays healthy.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

DTLB58 11-30-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9162900)
Even he got tired of Lane.

73 years old next year and looking to get back into the NFL?

Yea, No thanks. :shake:

Joe Seahawk 11-30-2012 12:28 AM

:spock:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6719104_f520.jpg

BossChief 11-30-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163679)
:rolleyes:

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5827480)
I'm telling you right now...Darling was completely hamstrung by our reerunus maximus offensive playcalling before we went to the spread. He's waaaaay better than what he showed last year. Haley's gonna find a way to use him. No doubt in my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5827403)
Devard Darling will emerge now that he has a real QB and real offensive coaches. Mark my words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5614009)
BTW, I'll get destroyed for this, but I still think Darling has the potential to be a good player with the right quarterback throwing him the ball. Last year's reeruno attack gave him no chance to be successful at the start of the season and they immediately demoted him after they picked up Bradley.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5539585)
Devard Darling to flourish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5519515)
Devard Darling > Michael Crabtree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 5391939)
Basically Pioli is a GM who will let players like Devard Darling flourish. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 4901772)
LOL

There's a lot of misinformed opinions out there on Devard Darling. He'll be out there starting in September.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 4920234)
DARLING IS AWESOME CROYLE SUX

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 4904534)
All of you are going to eat immense amounts of crow on Devard Darling. It's going to be epic. By midseason you're going to be like OH MAN GOCHIEFS WAS SO RIGHT DARLING ROCKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 4903738)
The first team offense was only on the field for two possessions.

Devard Darling is awesome and you're going to love him.

These posts span almost 2 years of time...

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 01:23 AM

You realize most of those are me being facetious?

Come on.

Sorter 11-30-2012 01:25 AM

^^^http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mea7ua2M1a1rpx76d.gif

Sorter 11-30-2012 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning
"Devard Darling > Michael Crabtree"

NSFW??

BossChief 11-30-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163798)
You realize most of those are me being facetious?

Come on.

Ive clearly never embellished my stance on DMC. :rolleyes: To be totally honest, I think he has a place on a winning team...but a place that maxes out at 5-6 touches per game as a move player. Those touches split up between RB and WR.

Go back to that draft and I was the most vocal supporter of Terrance Cody on this whole site and was completely disappointed in the Dexter selection as well as the Arenas one.

I called the Dexter pick Kris Wilson 2 immediately...but I also recognize that the guy can get open and make plays and will play a role once we get where we need to be.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with him once Pioli is gone.

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 01:50 AM

So again we're back to Dexter getting 80 touches a year. :facepalm:

From a guy who has 0 big plays this year. And is LUCKY to record a 10-yard catch. TEN YARDS?!?!? TEN YARDS?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

COME ON, MAN.

BossChief 11-30-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9163825)
So again we're back to Dexter getting 80 touches a year. :facepalm:

From a guy who has 0 big plays this year. And is LUCKY to record a 10-yard catch. TEN YARDS?!?!? TEN YARDS?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

COME ON, MAN.

If he consistently gets us 60-80 touches per year and 5-700 yards...its not a TERRIBLE pick, but that doesn't mean its a good one, either.

He is a versatile player that will create advantageous matchups once we get an OC in here that has a clue how to design an offense in todays NFL.

I never thought Daboll was gonna be any good, but I didn't think he would be flat out terrible, either. The playcalling and talent we have at QB are destroying the ability these players have to be successful.

If you ever watched college ball when Dexter was there, you would know that the guy can be very productive when he is used the right way.

He was one of the top playmakers in college football and did so in the toughest conference there is.

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 03:10 AM

Lmao, 500-700 yards per year.

As if. He won't even be here next year I bet.

We need to get a guy in here who can rape from the slot.

BossChief 11-30-2012 03:16 AM

Dexter has the measurables to do that...his shuttle time was ELITE and that is the most relevant test for slot guys because it tests their ability to maintain speed in and out of breaks. The guy is never gonna be a 1300-1500 yard guy, but he can reach the levels I posted with consistency.

Ace Gunner 11-30-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9162925)
And yet you're a fan of Cowher?

Give me a break.

Gruden > Cowher.

Cowher is proof any reerun can coach the Steelers and given almost two decades, can win a championship.

okoye35chiefs 11-30-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9162900)
Even he got tired of Lane.

73 years old next year and looking to get back into the NFL?

this....73!

mdchiefsfan 11-30-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning
Basically Pioli is a GM who will let players like Devard Darling flourish.
Menage twa. LMAO

chiefzilla1501 11-30-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163237)
Dude, Chuckys offense is VERY similar to what we run now. Its the WCO...dump offs and short passes are the bread and butter.

Why do you think he got by with shitty QBs the whole time?

If we bring in Chucky, we are gonna do one of two things:

1) Draft Barkley at first overall
2) Draft a defensive player first overall and a QB in the second or third.

The guy passed on Aaron Rodgers for Cadillac Williams in 2005.

Think about that for a second.

With Cohwer, at least we have a shot at taking Geno.

Here's a real interesting article:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ime/57816080/1

You are right. But a few key things to keep in mind. Remember that Chan Gailey ran a smash mouth offense, then adjusted to the spread for the Chiefs. Shanahan was a WCO guy but developed more of a shotgun offense in Washington to suit RGIII. Gruden's been out of the game for a while and he's smart enough to see from the booth what's going on. In fact, from what I remember, he was doing heavy research for years on the spread offense because he thought it was intriguing.

I don't know if I'd want Gruden. But he's an intriguing hire because I have a feeling he's going to develop an offense nobody's expecting. And I bet it won't be west coast.

chiefzilla1501 11-30-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9163927)
Here's a real interesting article:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ime/57816080/1

You are right. But a few key things to keep in mind. Remember that Chan Gailey ran a smash mouth offense, then adjusted to the spread for the Chiefs. Shanahan was a WCO guy but developed more of a shotgun offense in Washington to suit RGIII. Gruden's been out of the game for a while and he's smart enough to see from the booth what's going on. In fact, from what I remember, he was doing heavy research for years on the spread offense because he thought it was intriguing.

I don't know if I'd want Gruden. But he's an intriguing hire because I have a feeling he's going to develop an offense nobody's expecting. And I bet it won't be west coast.

Surprised nobody's commented on this.

Gruden has studied Chip Kelly's offense. A ton. It either means he's interested in coaching on the college level. Or it means he wants to run an offense with more spread design.

I wasn't a big fan of Gruden, until I thought of this. What would people think about Chucky if he ran more of a spread, particularly one influenced by Chip Kelly?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-30-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9162941)
Hahaha no.

Cowher would make this defense borderline elite overnight with the pieces we have and the offense would be respectable with Geno Smith and these pieces.

Gruden would make the offense better, but would be turning over half the defense.

Again.

I like Chucky, but Cowher would be the better bag o' dickhammers in the retread derby.

rtmike 11-30-2012 05:49 PM

Pretty sure I read it on here but supposedly Gruden said he hated Kansas City, called it a dump or something? Can't remember what exactly was said.

Easy 6 11-30-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9165326)
Pretty sure I read it on here but supposedly Gruden said he hated Kansas City, called it a dump or something? Can't remember what exactly was said.

Yeah, he has too much of a fat head to want KC, i bet he wants dallas where he can be a big limelight sucking star.

DaneMcCloud 11-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9165370)
Yeah, he has too much of a fat head to want KC, i bet he wants dallas where he can be a big limelight sucking star.

I'm sure that ego is definitely a part of a coach's decision, as well it should, IMO.

If a guy doesn't think he's worthy of one of the highest profile positions in the NFL, personally, I'd want nothing to do with him.

Unfortunately for Chiefs fans, they and Jacksonville are fighting it out for low man on the totem pole when it comes to desired cities in which to coach an NFL team. But for two different reasons (ownership versus fan interest).

I'll be shocked if the Chiefs make a high profile hire at head coach or GM.

ChiefAshhole20 11-30-2012 09:06 PM

I'm not quite sure why there's all the love for Cowher/Gruden when they've been away from coaching all these years, I just feel like if we're going to turn this team around, we need a coach with heart and a somewhat successful background like Andy Reid.

He's pretty much definitely getting the boot after this year, and has struggled this year because of personal problems, a DC who doesn't know how to design a scheme for their all-world talent, and an O-line with a different combination of starters on a weekly basis. He's had a bad year, and he seems like the type of person that would want to redeem himself after a season like this. And where better to rejuvenate your career than a small-market, under the radar team loaded with talent (just not coached well), the first-overall opportunity to handpick your future, and all the BBQ you can eat (seemed to sway Winston to join).

We get him, a GM who knows how to evaluate talent, and a DC who knows what their doing (dream scenario would be Ron Rivera) and I think this team has a shot at really becoming a force this next season as well as for years to come...

Easy 6 11-30-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9165473)
I'm sure that ego is definitely a part of a coach's decision, as well it should, IMO.

If a guy doesn't think he's worthy of one of the highest profile positions in the NFL, personally, I'd want nothing to do with him.

No doubt gruden still has the energy and keeps up with the game, a healthy ego is mandatory... he's a very legit candidate.

But if he doesnt want Kansas City, i dont want him.

I bet Haley wanted KC.

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163871)
Dexter has the measurables to do that...his shuttle time was ELITE and that is the most relevant test for slot guys because it tests their ability to maintain speed in and out of breaks. The guy is never gonna be a 1300-1500 yard guy, but he can reach the levels I posted with consistency.

Yeah if only he could catch the ball. Or make one play after the catch. Or catch a ball past 8 yards. ROFL