ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mark Cuban: "The NFL is 10 years away from an implosion." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282526)

cosmo20002 03-25-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10514960)
Cuban is complaining about oversaturation while NBA plays like every single day!

And he thinks it would be a really, really, really bad idea for the NFL to expand to one of those days. He's concerned for the NFL.

TripleThreat 03-25-2014 11:27 AM

"It's all football. At some point, the people get sick of it"

Not for me mrcuban

Cannibal 03-25-2014 11:30 AM

I think the NFL probably is over saturating the market, but Cuban is the very definition of attention seeking douchebag.

redfan 03-25-2014 03:09 PM

I wonder what he means by implosion.
The NFL is pretty ubiquitous, and when you're on top, there's nowhere to go but down.
Unless you stay on top. NFL is talking about expansion to Europe, for cryn; out loud. If the product isn't diluted, there is still room for growth.

rabblerouser 08-26-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10514752)
People need to stop blaming Goodell for these changes.

He does this stuff because the owners want it, too.

Yeah, but the owners don't care about anything but making more money.

And at that, they are successful...

KCTitus 08-26-2014 09:35 AM

Cuban may have a point, but I think the leagues implosion is going to be from a different source, primarily around all the concussion stuff. At some point, the game will have to be systemically changed to keep the lawmakers at bay to the point, people will lose interest.

Reerun_KC 08-26-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 10850473)
Cuban may have a point, but I think the leagues implosion is going to be from a different source, primarily around all the concussion stuff. At some point, the game will have to be systemically changed to keep the lawmakers at bay to the point, people will lose interest.

Football fans are losing interest... Fantasy football fans with zero knowledge of football are lining up in droves to be a football fan.

rabblerouser 08-26-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10850544)
Football fans are losing interest... Fantasy football fans with zero knowledge of football are lining up in droves to be a football fan.

Yep.

alnorth 08-26-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10513063)
Regarding the OP, Mark Cuban's statement is self-serving, utterly ridiculous, and will not come close to panning out.

A few people who have their own agendas (unhappy with this or that rule, usually) have jumped on it, but there is no rational reason to believe that the NFL, even with the expansion into more days, is anywhere close to saturation. If anything, the market will probably easily absorb an 18-game season if the owners ever went that far.

I've seen nothing in the last half year that changes this post

TEX 08-26-2014 11:03 AM

Im ready for the season. I cancelled NFLST after having had it for the past 12 seasons. Not interested in watching the flag happy pussification of the NFL. Ill just watch the network games this season if I have the time. I've finally had my fill of the BS calls and rule changes to make the game "better." I wont see many Chiefs games this season, unless I go to a sports bar, but that could be a good thing...

cosmo20002 08-26-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10850621)
Im ready for the season. I cancelled NFLST after having had it for the past 12 seasons. Not interested in watching the flag happy pussification of the NFL. Ill just watch the network games this season if I have the time. I've finally had my fill of the BS calls and rule changes to make the game "better." I wont see many Chiefs games this season, unless I go to a sports bar, but that could be a good thing...

http://i2.listal.com/image/1531941/6...ers-boothe.jpg

Mav 08-26-2014 11:27 AM

**** Mark Cuban.

rabblerouser 08-26-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

100% accurate.

All the way around.

Rain Man 08-26-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

I've seen a grand total of about three minutes of preseason football this year, all while I was waiting for my barbecue to-go order to be filled. It was Pittsburgh versus Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh sent some receiver on a deep route. If the penalty that they called on the Eagles' cornerback is indicative of the rules, the NFL is done as an entertainment medium. Just run your receivers deep on every play and wait for the penalty call if it's not caught.

Bearcat 08-26-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10850610)
I've seen nothing in the last half year that changes this post

Yeah, it's the Bud Light of sports... the die hards around here might not like the game as it is these days, but it's not really meant for them. It's meant to be watered down for mass consumption. The league has expanded too much and it shows with all the mediocrity, but it won't stop them from expanding more so they can make more money.

I think the greed will cause problems eventually, but 10 years seems to be a bit quick.