ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mark Cuban: "The NFL is 10 years away from an implosion." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282526)

InChiefsHeaven 08-26-2014 11:59 AM

I always watch the Chiefs. I'm luck here in Omaha, they run all the games. But, if I lived elsewhere...I kinda doubt I'd buy Sunday ticket. I'd probably be more productive on game day...

GloryDayz 08-26-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10850621)
Im ready for the season. I cancelled NFLST after having had it for the past 12 seasons. Not interested in watching the flag happy pussification of the NFL. Ill just watch the network games this season if I have the time. I've finally had my fill of the BS calls and rule changes to make the game "better." I wont see many Chiefs games this season, unless I go to a sports bar, but that could be a good thing...

Like being a STH again, I certainly wouldn't get in to recurring bill to watch the current product. That being said, I'm local so I get the pleasure (!!!) of watching this if I'm not otherwise engaged. And with the poor play our Chiefs be headed for this year, getting into a game, maybe two, won't be very expensive. With the older one in college, I'm not sure if I'll not plan even more, or none at all.

But alas, your point is accurate, for those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s, where the game is headed might be for a different group of fans. Even if some of the changes aren't 100% bad (concussion avoidance [if not too stupid]), many of them are totally dumb like the "we're only about scoring these days" rules. If this new way is all you know I guess it's fine, but like I said, if you grew up in the 70s/80s, you know the game has changed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-26-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10850731)
Like being a STH again, I certainly wouldn't get in to recurring bill to watch the current product. That being said, I'm local so I get the pleasure (!!!) of watching this if I'm not otherwise engaged. And with the poor play our Chiefs be headed for this year, getting into a game, maybe two, won't be very expensive. With the older one in college, I'm not sure if I'll not plan even more, or none at all.

But alas, your point is accurate, for those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s, where the game is headed might be for a different group of fans. Even if some of the changes aren't 100% bad (concussion avoidance [if not too stupid]), many of them are totally dumb like the "we're only about scoring these days" rules. If this new way is all you know I guess it's fine, but like I said, if you grew up in the 70s/80s, you know the game has changed.

It's lost its burst.

GloryDayz 08-26-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10850771)
It's lost its burst.

Yes, yes it has...

dallaschiefsfan 08-26-2014 03:33 PM

I can't speak as definitively as Cuban for the future of the NFL and its fanbase, but speaking for myself, I'm not the fan I used to be of the NFL. I'm still a Chiefs fan, of course. But the NFL has kinda' turned me off in the last several years (for many of the aforementioned reasons).

The NFL is like a drama-queen that keeps doing the dumbest things to get noticed, even though she's already the prettiest girl in the room. I've mostly been a football guy for most of my adult life (since the 90's). I find myself more and more excited about the much-longer baseball season every year - even when the Royals have been terrible. I've just learned to love the nuances of the game and enjoy the grind of the season.

I'll still watch the Chiefs, but I sympathize with some of what Cuban is saying.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-17-2014 09:39 AM

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/17/mark-c...to-be-leaders/

Mark Cuban was scoffed and sneered at for warning the NFL about the perils of arrogance. His words now look prophetic as the mighty league has been made vulnerable by player misdeeds and the failures of leadership

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10923040)

Mark Cuban was scoffed and sneered at for warning the NFL about the perils of arrogance. His words now look prophetic as the mighty league has been made vulnerable by player misdeeds and the failures of leadership

So let it be written, so let it be done.

cosmo20002 09-17-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10923040)

Cuban was "warning"/criticizing the NFL for oversaturation--putting too many games on TV. Specifically, there was talk of adding another night for a game.

Shockingly, Cuban thought it was a really bad idea for the NFL to expand to another night--which I'm sure had nothing to do with it being an extra night it would compete with (and dominate) NBA broadcasts.

ptlyon 09-17-2014 09:59 AM

I'd really hate to be Cuban's dog right now

Chief_For_Life58 09-17-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10923047)
So let it be written, so let it be done.

The people have spoken!

ramdog 09-17-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jallmon (Post 10512705)
Not living in the KC area, I watch the NFL RedZone to keep up with the Chiefs.
I haven't seen a Thursday, Sunday or Monday night game in 3 years, unless the Chiefs are on. Get up early to go to work, so in bed by 8:00 - 8:30.

yea if you wana keep up with the kcchiefs on sunday i have a website you can watch for free every sunday

Jimmya 09-17-2014 11:31 AM

I laugh at the idea that some of you think the league won't survive. Come Sunday every stadium will be full of rocking fans throughout the U.S. Boone Pickens from Oklahoma State was talking about how the NFL & Major College football are not near where they will be in 15 years as far as making money!

okcchief 09-17-2014 11:36 AM

Troy Aikman like 5 or 6 years ago said we wouldn't recognize the NFL in 10 years. I've looked back at that statement a lot recently.

kysirsoze 09-17-2014 11:43 AM

Worst case: The NFL's popularity absolutely plummets to NBA levels.

BeMyValentine 09-17-2014 01:15 PM

Fantasy football has ruined this sport for me.