ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2017-2018 Official NBA Regular season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310905)

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13159925)
You're gonna kick the asses of a Western Conference playoff team WITHOUT Kawhi or Parker?

Yeah, you might win. But it ain't gonna be a blowout. You guys are going to hurt bad without Kawhi on Jimmy Butler. And KAT is going to utterly rape Lamarcus Aldridge. Oof. That ain't gonna be fun for you.

The only significant advantage you have is Danny Green on Teague and most of your bench against ours. That's about it.

If it IS a blowout, I'll be very surprised.

Really looking forward to this game, along with the Bucks, and, honestly, most of the others. NBA is back!

mcaj22 10-18-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13159909)
anyone really knowledgeable about the NBA have any clue how many games teh sac kings might win? I have a chance to win some money if they win 43 games or more but not sure if I should take the bet..

its chump change so I might do it anyway but is there any chance the kings can go .500 this season?

thanks in advance

Easier to look at the teams with worse rosters or that you think will finish under them in the standings in the West

Phoenix, Lakers, maybe Utah, maybe New Orleans, maybe Dallas.

The maybe teams have more studs but also just as much holes.

Kings have a good coach and they brought in some veterans to mix with their youth, but those vets are probably just cashing in on another payday. I can't see ZBO, Vince Carter and George Hill carrying them to 43 wins.

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13159289)
No one bitched more about Kyrie than you.

Now all of the sudden Kyrie is a star that hasn't even reached his peak.

I was referring to what Kyrie was when LeBron got there (a 21 year old 3rd year player), not what he is now. Bit of a difference there compared to a guy with shot knees in Derrick Rose.

New World Order 10-18-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13160315)
I was referring to what Kyrie was when LeBron got there (a 21 year old 3rd year player), not what he is now. Bit of a difference there compared to a guy with shot knees in Derrick Rose.

You still have Isiah Thomas, one of the best pgs in the NBA

Rose is a backup for Cle that would start on a number of teams. He's still a 15-16 ppg player.

Easily the best roster on paper of all-time.

TEX 10-18-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13159263)
Houston escapes.

:clap: Any type of win at Golden State is BIG! Congrats Rockets! But when it's all said and done, the Rockets will be the 3rd or 4th best team in the West. :shrug:

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13160335)
You still have Isiah Thomas, one of the best pgs in the NBA

Yes...when he's actually back. Until then, they have a scrub playing PG that takes far too many shots for what he is these days.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2017 09:09 PM

Celts look good; not Bucks good, but good.

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13160540)
Celts look good; not Bucks good, but good.

So 45 wins in the East good? The Raptors have been better than that for four years running. Doesn't mean all that much.

Why Not? 10-18-2017 09:39 PM

My God, the Suns are going to really suck this year

New World Order 10-18-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13160385)
Yes...when he's actually back. Until then, they have a scrub playing PG that takes far too many shots for what he is these days.

With Isiah do they have the best roster in the NBA?

Superbowltrashcan 10-18-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13159131)
I'm telling you, some NBA teams need to partner with smaller cities. Maybe not NY, LA, Chicago. But maybe teams like Minnesota, Orlando, Oklahoma City, Memphis. You'll always call them the Minnesota Timberwolves. But maybe 7 games a year, have home games in Des Moines and for just those games only call them the Des Moines Timberwolves. You can sell more apparel. You can fill some extra seats in the dog days of the season. You can gain fans in the long term. OKC could do Kansas City. Orlando could do Tampa. Memphis could do Louisville & so on.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.geni...ings_large.jpg

* It wasn't nine games though. It was more like half the home games. Never knew when they were in town. Nine games in Omaha would have been okay.

Ming the Merciless 10-19-2017 12:21 AM

Thanks for the advice...all

I appreciate it.

I took the bet anyway LOL.

Because chiefs

PAChiefsGuy 10-19-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13159925)
You're gonna kick the asses of a Western Conference playoff team WITHOUT Kawhi or Parker?

Yeah, you might win. But it ain't gonna be a blowout. You guys are going to hurt bad without Kawhi on Jimmy Butler. And KAT is going to utterly rape Lamarcus Aldridge. Oof. That ain't gonna be fun for you.

The only significant advantage you have is Danny Green on Teague and most of your bench against ours. That's about it.

If it IS a blowout, I'll be very surprised.

ROFL

Timberwolves garbage NBA franchise just like the RealSNRs and Pawnmovers posts...

RealSNR 10-19-2017 06:52 AM

Pennsyltucky Spurs "fan" who has never been to San Antonio is all butthurt by all the mean things I said about his dumbass butt****ing QB boyfriend.

I'LL SHOW HIM! THE TIMBERWOLVES?! BAHAHAHAHA!! THEY LOSE LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES! I'M GOING TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS BASKETBALL TEAM ISN'T VERY GOOD! OH MAN I'M GREAT! I LOVE CRAIG POPOVICHSKY AND ALL THE GOOD SPURS PLAYERS LIKE DEMARCUS ALDRICH AND PATTY MAYONNAISE!!

Once again, you'll forgive me if I can't take you seriously due to your butt****ing idiotic football opinions and your amazing story of how you acquired your Spurs fan card.

Oh, and how the **** was I wrong about last night's game? You were so excited to blow out the Wolves. What happened?

PAChiefsGuy 10-19-2017 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13160796)
Pennsyltucky Spurs "fan" who has never been to San Antonio is all butthurt by all the mean things I said about his dumbass butt****ing QB boyfriend.

I'LL SHOW HIM! THE TIMBERWOLVES?! BAHAHAHAHA!! THEY LOSE LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES! I'M GOING TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS BASKETBALL TEAM ISN'T VERY GOOD! OH MAN I'M GREAT! I LOVE CRAIG POPOVICHSKY AND ALL THE GOOD SPURS PLAYERS LIKE DEMARCUS ALDRICH AND PATTY MAYONNAISE!!

Once again, you'll forgive me if I can't take you seriously due to your butt****ing idiotic football opinions and your amazing story of how you acquired your Spurs fan card.

Oh, and how the **** was I wrong about tonight's game? You were so excited to blow out the Wolves. What happened?

I love you too.