ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

BigRedChief 11-10-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10176860)

**** Adams and Miller for Tulo. Give them Lynn/Adams.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10176860)

http://youtu.be/CeHrq_Fs1vk?t=1m

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CeHrq_Fs1vk?start=60&end=90<code></code>" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

jd1020 11-10-2013 10:57 PM

Did he shoot the Sandman or something?

jd1020 11-12-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

The Cardinals are shopping for an upgrade at shortstop and Peter Gammons of Gammons Daily hears that Jed Lowrie of the Athletics is now on their list.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...ed-lowrie.html

I guess those Tulowitzki talks arent going so well? Lowrie is both an offensive and defensive downgrade from Tulo.

Jewish Rabbi 11-12-2013 11:56 AM

FWIW, Bengie Molina headed to the Rangers as 1B coach.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10180922)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...ed-lowrie.html

I guess those Tulowitzki talks arent going so well? Lowrie is both an offensive and defensive downgrade from Tulo.

Yes, it sure would suck to have a SS who would give you 3.6 more WAR than the guy who played the position last year, who rated as the second best offensive SS in baseball last year.

jd1020 11-12-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10180985)
Yes, it sure would suck to have a SS who would give you 3.6 more WAR than the guy who played the position last year, who rated as the second best offensive SS in baseball last year.

Not sure of your point.

Tulo matched Lowrie's production at the plate in 150 less ABs and is much much better defensively.

Lowrie just finished his very first season of over 100 games.

Nevermind that the A's probably don't even want to discuss trading him right now since Russell is still at least a year away.

MIAdragon 11-12-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10180985)

The guy is glass, you want no part of him.

DJ's left nut 11-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10181073)
Not sure of your point.

Tulo matched Lowrie's production at the plate in 150 less ABs and is much much better defensively.

Lowrie just finished his very first season of over 100 games.

Nevermind that the A's probably don't even want to discuss trading him right now since Russell is still at least a year away.

His point's pretty obvious.

Nobody's arguing that Lowrie is an equal to Tulo - but we're also not talking a straight across trade. The presumption is that Lowrie would cost substantially less than Tulo would and that the difference in both $$ and prospects surrendered would more than offset the value lost between Lowrie and Tulo.

But Lowrie's range seems to be diminishing quite a bit and as has been noted, he's not terribly healthy.

That said, if we could have him for Seigrist and a B arm, I'd probably take them up on it. Lots of lefties in the system.

Marco Polo 11-12-2013 02:02 PM

I would prefer to keep Wacha, Miller, Martinez, and Oscar this offseason. I'm okay with Adams and Lynn being traded so long it's for a long-term get (Tulo, Profar-not the same package, I know)

BigRedChief 11-12-2013 04:36 PM

You guys see what Rosenthal said would be a "fair" trade that would get us Tulo?

Craig/Miller/Adams/Rosenthal and another prospect

WTF is he smoking? Mo isn't that stupid is he? I'm assuming some Rockies VP gave him that when asked what would it take to get Tulo. At least I hope so.

BigRedChief 11-12-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10181097)
But Lowrie's range seems to be diminishing quite a bit and as has been noted, he's not terribly healthy.

That said, if we could have him for Seigrist and a B arm, I'd probably take them up on it. Lots of lefties in the system.

I'd take that trade and be happy.

Why is there no talk of Arizona as a trade pardner? They have two SS's and two CF's? They need pitching, 1B and 3B.

Marco Polo 11-12-2013 05:09 PM

Sounds like the Cards discussed Fowler with the Rockies but doesn't appear to be a match. Thank goodness.

VAChief 11-12-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10181621)
You guys see what Rosenthal said would be a "fair" trade that would get us Tulo?

Craig/Miller/Adams/Rosenthal and another prospect

WTF is he smoking? Mo isn't that stupid is he? I'm assuming some Rockies VP gave him that when asked what would it take to get Tulo. At least I hope so.

Let's hope he isn't, I love Tulo's potential to this lineup, but subtracting Adams and Craig would make no sense, particularly with Beltran leaving. Miller and Adams and a couple of our B prospects like Jenkins (he's still all projection) and/or Gast/Lyons would be my limit. That would be a heck of a haul for the Rockies and would fill needs. They get a mile high bopper to replace Tulo's offense plus a top of the rotation starter and a potential high upside prospect plus a stable bullpen middle relief arm.

DJ's left nut 11-12-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10181632)
I'd take that trade and be happy.

Why is there no talk of Arizona as a trade pardner? They have two SS's and two CF's? They need pitching, 1B and 3B.

There are some Gregorius rumblings.

There's another guy I'd give up Seigrist for and little else. His aggregate numbers paint a far prettier picture than most of his season did. From about July 8 onward, in a similar number of ABs to Kozma, his performance was comparable (.200 BA, sub .600 OPS, the whole works).

Scouts were worried he couldn't hit at this level and the latter 2/3 of the season seemed to support that concern.

Gregorius may end up being a real dog out there.