ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Perception of the Chiefs outside of KC among football fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320549)

suzzer99 01-17-2019 06:17 PM

Rams fans will stay loyal as long as the Rams stay one of the best teams in the league and have a sexy young coach/QB that get a lot of media attention.

displacedinMN 01-17-2019 06:19 PM

I cannot think of anyone here that wants the Pats to win-except pats fans.
Vikes fans never support their teams until they win. No such thing as Purple Friday.

I have worn red every day this week.

kysirsoze 01-17-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14048383)
What part of LA do you live in? I'm in Studio City and my feelings are:

There are shit tons of Chiefs fans. Three bars in my area are overflowing with red.

There are shit tons of Rams fans.

There are no Chargers fans.

As for people not caring about putting on sports at a party, well you nailed that one. Most transplants here are theater majors, after all.

I live in North Hollywood and agree. Love that the biggest Chiefs bar in LA is a 5 minute drive. That said, I still stay home as much as possible because I'm lame and cheap.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 14048429)
The main thing with these kids though is if you lose one game, "aw the Chiefs suck, they lost to the Chargers." Dealing with 13 year olds after your team loses is a pain in the ass.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Take away their phones without warning for the whole class period when they do this(and see if they 'get the correlation' over time) and I bet it will prevent them from giving you a hard time next loss we experience.;)

underEJ 01-17-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14048512)
My office has an Eagles fan, a Cowboys fan and everyone else seems kind of ambivalent. The millennials I work with talk about gaming the way my generation talks about sports.

Out of curiosity - let's say the Rams lose a heartbreaker on Sunday - how depressed do you think the Rams fans in your office would be, as compared to the average Chiefs fan?

One guy is old school, grew up in Echo Park in the 60s, looks like Danny Trejo, and would really not like it if accused of being an average anything! But yes, the younger ones wouldn't really feel it. They do all play in fantasy leagues so the general NFL fandom is there as well as Rams specific even if they aren't fervent long timers.

RocKhawks 01-17-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14048275)
Lived in Rochester during the Pioli years. It's a bottom of the barrel feeling to be shown sympathy and pity by ****ing Bills fans.

No Sh*t! I live in Rochester. Everyone I know here (Mostly Bills fans) are all rooting for the Chiefs. They all HATE the Patriots haha ROFL

FAX 01-17-2019 06:32 PM

I'm proud to say that I've converted many of the Music City football fans to the Red & Gold. Admittedly, it took awhile. I think fantasy football had a lot to do with it, though.

A lot of people in Nashburg are sick of watching the Tacks try to figure out if they have a QB who can play 16 straight games in a row. (They don't.)

My approach has been to appeal to their desire to watch exciting football and the Chiefs provide that. Although it deserves mention that many of them get confused because they've never seen exciting football before, so it's still a work in progress.

FAX

Sassy Squatch 01-17-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocKhawks (Post 14048555)
No Sh*t! I live in Rochester. Everyone I know here (Mostly Bills fans) are all rooting for the Chiefs. They all HATE the Patriots haha ROFL

Lived in Henrietta and spent many a Sunday at The Distillery gorging on wings for 3+ hours.

suzzer99 01-17-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 14048552)
One guy is old school, grew up in Echo Park in the 60s, looks like Danny Trejo, and would really not like it if accused of being an average anything! But yes, the younger ones wouldn't really feel it. They do all play in fantasy leagues so the general NFL fandom is there as well as Rams specific even if they aren't fervent long timers.

I hate that shit: Well I'm rooting for the Rams but I really need Kamara to get 2 touchdowns. So I'm torn.

STFU fake fan.

FloridaMan88 01-17-2019 06:38 PM

In South Florida with the combination of Dolphins/Jets fans, people down here are hoping the Chiefs crush the Patriots on Sunday, as Patriots hatred runs deep.

Dolphins fans are also jealous of the Chiefs having Mahomes, who they see as the second coming of Marino.

Kiimo 01-17-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14048523)
My buddies had a house in Palms I think that they dubbed CCA - Culver City Adjacent.

But really - try meeting some chick at a party - "Where do you live?" - "Valley Village". Yeah that'll get the panties flying off. I live in North Hollywood baby. It's gritty, and kinda dangerous, like me.

My girlfriend from Chicago and I were looking for a house four years ago. I said I couldn't live in Valley Village. She goes why? I said it's the name. She said but you love skiing. Valley? Village? They're total ski names.

I'm like...I can't argue with you. But all I picture is a 60s era Valley View Bank in Prairie Village.

Not. Sexy.

Studio City now...that's a name.

BigRedChief 01-17-2019 06:38 PM

Most of our group is reporting that when they are sporting Chiefs gear around town, that people love Mahomes and are rooting for us to win.

suzzer99 01-17-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14048544)
I live in North Hollywood and agree. Love that the biggest Chiefs bar in LA is a 5 minute drive. That said, I still stay home as much as possible because I'm lame and cheap.

It was fun last Saturday. I'm glad I experienced it but not enough to go back and sit there for 4-5 hours before the game starts just to get a seat.

chinaski 01-17-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14048523)
My buddies had a house in Palms I think that they dubbed CCA - Culver City Adjacent.

But really - try meeting some chick at a party - "Where do you live?" - "Valley Village". Yeah that'll get the panties flying off. I live in North Hollywood baby. It's gritty, and kinda dangerous, like me.

ROFL

Kiimo 01-17-2019 06:41 PM

Thirsty Merchant. It used to be Rec Room on Riverside but has new owners. It's no longer trashy, expensive and smells weird.

Why am I telling you this I don't want it to get busy.

But seriously the last owners when it was Rec Room sucked. It was foul and now its much nicer.