ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Settle Down: Look At The Chiefs Do When Games Really Count (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351040)

notorious 11-21-2023 07:49 AM

Settle Down: Look At The Chiefs Do When Games Really Count

We go through this every year. The team shits the bed in a nearly meaningless midseason game, and the board implodes. Some years it's defense, others it's Oline, this year it's our wide receivers.

Step back from your rage for a second. What has this team done over and over again when the lights shine the brightest?

They win almost every time.

The real season hasn't started yet. Trust the coaches and players who have won big games time and time again.

Rainbarrel 11-21-2023 07:51 AM

7-3, & losing 2 to the NFC is a disgrace

notorious 11-21-2023 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17236599)

Just happens to be 2 of the best teams in the NFC when our players decided to hand over a game.

History tells us it probably won't happen in the playoffs.

Eleazar 11-21-2023 08:02 AM

I agree to some extent, but the problems are centered around a problem we haven’t had in prior years - the WR group being one of the worst in the league. I’m not sure if the past bearing out “they’ll get it together” applies to this situation.

TwistedChief 11-21-2023 08:03 AM

I think this is where some of us have been the entire season. Trust in the process, trust in Reid, trust in Mahomes, and trust in the offense's development.

But that performance coming out of the bye is about as discouraging as one could get.

I think it would be silly to give up hope given that we have Mahomes and this defense, but there aren't signs that the offense's trajectory is headed in the right direction.

Hopefully the Raiders can be a get-right game in some respect.

RealSNR 11-21-2023 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17236599)

Better to lose games to the NFC than the AFC.

If there comes to be a tiebreaker situation for seeding, the Chiefs are currently in excellent position to win based on conference record.

Raiderhater 11-21-2023 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17236597)
We go through this every year. The team shits the bed in a nearly meaningless midseason game, and the board implodes. Some years it's defense, others it's Oline, this year it's our wide receivers.

Step back from your rage for a second. What has this team done over and over again when the lights shine the brightest?

They win almost every time.

The real season hasn't started yet. Trust the coaches and players who have won big games time and time again.

Sir, this is ChiefsPlanet, this kind of optimism is not welcome here.

But, I agree.

ThaVirus 11-21-2023 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17236617)
Better to lose games to the NFC than the AFC.

If there comes to be a tiebreaker situation for seeding, the Chiefs are currently in excellent position to win based on conference record.

We still control our own destiny.

If we win out, we’re the #1 seed. We have a pretty favorable schedule so we’re in good shape there.

Ravens and Browns will beat up on each other. Dolphins have a pretty easy schedule like us but I think they’ve got another couple losses in them.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 08:13 AM

The Chiefs go nearly a month without scoring a second half point “every year”?

Yeah… no.

ThaVirus 11-21-2023 08:13 AM

But to OP’s point, I agree. No point in even getting worked up.

In 2019 we lost to the Texans in the regular season then dog walked them in the playoffs when it mattered.

In 2020 we beat the Bucs in the regular season but got destroyed by them in the playoffs when it mattered.

In 2021 we lost to the Bills in the regular season and then beat them in the playoffs when it mattered.

In 2022 we lost to the Bengals in the regular season then beat them in the playoffs when it mattered.

This regular season shit doesn’t matter.

TheGreatCassholio 11-21-2023 08:15 AM

Games really count after halftime.

We diarrhea all over ourselves coming out of the locker room.

RunKC 11-21-2023 08:18 AM

In 2021 the Chiefs were 4-4 going into the Packers game and the WR's had a problems. The offense looked lost.

Mahomes had 19 TD's to 10 INT's. We were going through a huge slump.

We ended up fixing it and making the Championship game. I guess those problems came back in the 2nd half of the championship game though.

jerryaldini 11-21-2023 08:24 AM

The team has the fewest second half points in the entire league at five per game. That's stunning and the personnel is set now. When you have to dink and dunk a false start can end a drive Three second half drives were stalled by penalties.

notorious 11-21-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17236638)
The Chiefs go nearly a month without scoring a second half point “every year”?

Yeah… no.

The cool thing is we are going to find out one way or the other.

My gut tells me what has happened overall in the past is what will probably happen in the future. On the other hand, the Chiefs have been on a historic run hosting 5 title games in a row. Like the Denver streak, it's going to end sometime.

Mosbonian 11-21-2023 08:33 AM

The issue is this....before we could see a light at the end of the tunnel. We had real receivers that had talent and we knew they could/would step up.

We don't have that now...and Mahomes knows it and sees it. His frustration is evident....the same way you saw Brady get frustrated when he faced it.

The question is...do we really have the talent that can step up in the playoffs. Getting there should be easier with the schedule we have but what will we look like against playoff teams.