ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV MACHETE! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232776)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:30 PM

MACHETE!

Anyone interested? I like Danny Trejo; he's a real-deal bad mother****er.

Reaper16 08-31-2010 10:37 PM

Been interested since the trailer during Grindhouse.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6968533)

Likewise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6968533)

This. It looked more interesting than "Grindhouse". Wasn't it called "The Mexican" back then?

Buck 08-31-2010 10:54 PM

Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6968556)
Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?

Probably, but I don't know for sure.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6968556)

Yes, that's exactly what it was.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968555)
This. It looked more interesting than "Grindhouse". Wasn't it called "The Mexican" back then?

Nope, it was MACHETE!

It was way "over the top"... and that was the point.

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968561)
Probably, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6968571)
Yes, that's exactly what it was.

No, Machete was a trailer for Grindhouse (which was financed for next to nothing).

It was a homage to the X, XX and XXX films of the 70's (complete with film distortion and flickers). It was done for little to no money (back end for everyone) and although the trailers were AWESOME, no one set out to create the trailers with an intent to make them 90 minute films.

Rob Zombie has been trying to come up with a way to make "Werewolf Women of the SS" into a feature, as has Eli Roth and "Thanksgiving".

The problem with that it's akin to making a short SNL skit into a movie: It was originally conceived in short form, so how do you make it cool and relevant in long form?

The short answer is that many have tried but few have succeeded.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968579)
No, Machete was a trailer for Grindhouse (which was financed for next to nothing).

It was a homage to the X, XX and XXX films of the 70's (complete with film distortion and flickers). It was done for little to no money (back end for everyone) and although the trailers were AWESOME, no one set out to create the trailers with an intent to make them 90 minute films.

Rob Zombie has been trying to come up with a way to make WereWomen of the SS into a feature, as has Eli Roth and "Thanksgiving".

The problem with that is akin to making a short SNL skit into a movie: It was originally conceived in short form, so how do you make it cool and relevant in long form?

The short answer is that many have tried but few have succeeded.

Does Danny still head-up Hollywood AA?

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6968582)
Does Danny still head-up Hollywood AA?

Dude, I haven't seen him since 2002 but I'd assume he's still involved.

He's a good guy.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:27 PM

Buck said, "Wasn't the trailer in Grindhouse just a fake trailer and somebody said it would make a good movie so they made it?"

And I said, "Yes, that's exactly what it was. "

It got enough buzz, that they decided to make a real movie out of it...

How was I wrong?

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:28 PM

I saw Grindhouse in the theater... both movies. And those trailers were the best part.

KcMizzou 08-31-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968579)

Machete was NOT a trailer for Grindhouse. It was a fake trailer for a fake movie that came between the two actual films. I went to the theater and saw it.

It created enough buzz, that they actually made the movie.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-31-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6968584)
Dude, I haven't seen him since 2002 but I'd assume he's still involved.

He's a good guy.

Right on. He was one of the best boxers in San Quinton Prison, so I hear.