ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ****Official Royals Vs White Sox Gamethread 4/4**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271758)

Mother****erJones 04-04-2013 09:49 AM

I like Gavin he's just too damn inconsistent though. Royals 6 White Sox 3

RockChalk 04-04-2013 09:59 AM

I still maintain we haven't actually manufactured a run yet. Chi giftwrapped the 2 runs yesterday and tried their best to give us more.

I'm not down on them, but that whole 1st and 3rd, nobody out, and we don't even sniff a run just looks like more of the same old shit to me

ChiTown 04-04-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9555921)
I still maintain we haven't actually manufactured a run yet. Chi giftwrapped the 2 runs yesterday and tried their best to give us more.

I'm not down on them, but that whole 1st and 3rd, nobody out, and we don't even sniff a run just looks like more of the same old shit to me

Yep. I don't want to hear about cold weather. It was cold when Chicago knocked 5 HR's in 2 days as well. Hit the ****ing ball already, and make it timely.:mad:

RedDread 04-04-2013 10:09 AM

This team has a tendency to be really streaky. It will be no different this year. There will be times when they rattle off 6-8 wins in a row and then dump for a whole week.

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9555921)

Exactly. This is what pisses me off.

****ing zero effort.

GloryDayz 04-04-2013 10:26 AM

I'll check the weather..... Anybody got a groundhog?

RockChalk 04-04-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9555975)

****ing zero effort.

I don't think it's a question about effort. It's more just playing with some level of intelligence.

In that situation, after Hosmer and Cain got on base...

Frenchy swings out of his shoes at 3 straight pitches. Nothing else is expected out of him

Tejada pinch hits and draws a walk, which no doubt made just about everyone faint. Poor Ned probably was pissed about this since nobody in the organization seems to value getting on base

Gordon flies out going opposite field...worst case scenario, a hitter as good as him need to at least pull a ground ball and get the run home from 3rd

Escobar strikes out

A decent team gets that runner home 7 times out of 10. A good team gets that runner home 9 times out of 10 and likely scores more than 1

Great Expectations 04-04-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9555975)

****ing zero effort.

Yep, the effort is what hurt them in that situation.......

Bowser 04-04-2013 10:29 AM

Keitzman said yesterday he saw a stat from last year where we were one of the hardest teams to sweep in the league, that only having happened four times (hard to believe, actually).

So we have that going for us.

mr. tegu 04-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9555996)
Keitzman said yesterday he saw a stat from last year where we were one of the hardest teams to sweep in the league, that only having happened four times (hard to believe, actually).

So we have that going for us.

That is pretty crazy and I would not have guessed that.

Bowser 04-04-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9556001)
That is pretty crazy and I would not have guessed that.

Yeah, I haven't bothered to confirm. Just passing along what I heard. If some guy would have come up to me in a bar and dropped that stat, I wouldn't have believed him.

teedubya 04-04-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9555799)
They'll win today, then get swept in Philly.

The dream I had after opening day was we'd be 1-5 for KC's opening day. LOL.

Glad we traded Wil Myers already!

alnorth 04-04-2013 10:39 AM

Dyson is in for Cain today, batting 8th. The rest of the lineup is basically the same with some moving up.

Gordon 7
Escobar 6
Butler DH
Moustakas 5
Perez 2
Hosmer 3
Francoeur 9
Dyson 8
Getz 4

I think Chicago is using the same lineup they've been using, but its hard to tell because the stupid gif their twitter account posted to show the lineup is annoying.

PunkinDrublic 04-04-2013 10:40 AM

They are just pressing too much at the plate. If they would settle down and work the count the hits will come. With Frenchy that's impossible because he's one of the dumbest hitters I've ever seen.

ChiTown 04-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9556013)
Dyson is in for Cain today, batting 8th. The rest of the lineup is basically the same with some moving up.

Gordon 7
Escobar 6
Butler DH
Moustakas 5
Perez 2
Hosmer 3
Francoeur 9
Dyson 8
Getz 4

I think Chicago is using the same lineup they've been using, but its hard to tell because the stupid gif their twitter account posted to show the lineup is annoying.

Any thoughts as to why they'd take Cain out of the lineup today?