ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How the Chiefs finally found their Franchise QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317604)

Halfcan 09-21-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13750716)
Reading NFL defenses quick enough to make big plays is a talent. Think about all the mega busts with huge arms that couldn’t handle the mental side of dealing with pro defenses.

:clap:

That is what Andy on Mahomes.

milkman 09-22-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13751116)
Maybe you shouldn't spend your first pick on a guy that needs to change positions?

I agree it's too early to call it a bust but man, 2 games in and we've seen like squat from this draft so far.

We, as fans, came into this season with the belief that it would be a developmental, transitional year.

Maybe the Chiefs also had that same expectation.

Skyy God 09-22-2018 11:41 AM

The article doesn’t explicitly state this, but I get the distinct impression Steinberg/Cabbot tipped the Chiefs off on exactly where they needed to trade up to nab Mahomes.

Which is smart, because they’re gonna make their $$ on a mega-second contract, which is less likely to happen if he ends up on a tire fire franchise or sits behind Brees for years.

KChiefs1 09-22-2018 12:01 PM

I'm a Leigh Steinberg fan now.

Prison Bitch 09-22-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13750929)
Seems like a propaganda piece for a guy who completely whiffed the 2018 draft.

Veach was assigned to Mahomes

Obv, the only explanation is all the good prospects were directed away from Bob Sutton by conniving agents looking out for their best interests.

Discuss Thrower 09-22-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13750514)
That's just it: things change wayyyy too rapidly in the "Not For Long" league to believe such a story.

Also, not a single player gives a shit about "owenership stability". What a laughable load of nonsense that one is.

Eli Manning sez 'What's up'

Titty Meat 09-22-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13750281)
It’s funny, I saw some Bears twitter guy last night trying to console their fan base with some bullshit about how the Chiefs wanted Trubisky more and just couldn’t get up to draft him high enough...

Lol. They didn’t want him at all.

They had dude here for like 7hours. So that's not true..

Prison Bitch 09-22-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13751759)
The article doesn’t explicitly state this, but I get the distinct impression Steinberg/Cabbot tipped the Chiefs off on exactly where they needed to trade up to nab Mahomes.

Which is smart, because they’re gonna make their $$ on a mega-second contract, which is less likely to happen if he ends up on a tire fire franchise or sits behind Brees for years.

Never happened.

Agents want their players drafted as highly as possible, they couldn't care less where they land. They don't want their guy sitting in the green room sweating bullets, that's their fear.

Steinberg told 30 NFL teams how great Mahomes would look in their jersey.

Prison Bitch 09-22-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13751813)
Eli Manning sez 'What's up'

Yep, he and Elway. Two examples in like 49 years. Makes my point.

Besides, that was a case of 1 team they didn't want to play for. Not forsaking all teams for 1 they supposedly did.

Easy 6 09-22-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13751116)
Maybe you shouldn't spend your first pick on a guy that needs to change positions?

I agree it's too early to call it a bust but man, 2 games in and we've seen like squat from this draft so far.

Not to say we're gonna get the exact same results... but as far as Speaks goes, its important to remember that Hali wasnt an all-pro right off the bat either

RealSNR 09-22-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13751925)
Not to say we're gonna get the exact same results... but as far as Speaks goes, its important to remember that Hali wasnt an all-pro right off the bat either

Tamba Hali, playing 4-3 DE for his first two years in the NFL, which is what he did at Penn State, totaled 8.0 and 7.5 sacks and played in all 16 games both seasons.

He wasn’t flashy, but he at least contributed in meaningful ways.

It’s been two years with two 2nd round picks at the same position, and we’re still waiting for either of them to do jack shit.

If that continues this season, what are we going to do next year? Blindly trust them? Draft a pass rusher AGAIN?

Prison Bitch 09-22-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13750368)
And now not only will the career success of Mahomes most likely pay higher dividends, but if you're a team doing business with Steinberg - how much higher is the trust level and credibility today?

That's if you believe the story.

More likely scenario: he told every team how much he wanted Pat to be drafted by them and all the teams believed him because he was telling the truth - he did.

KChiefs1 09-22-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13750215)
https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-fina...165452074.html

The next thing Cabott remembers doing on draft night reveals how clear the Chiefs were about their interest in Mahomes as their No. 1 guy. After Cabott and Steinberg got word of the trade, someone at Mahomes’ draft-day party fetched a Chiefs hat from behind a nearby banner and slipped it to Mahomes so he could put it on quickly for the cameras that were stationed to watch the ensuing celebration.

Shortly after the NFL Network broadcast went live, Mahomes was shown grinning widely, with a bright red Chiefs hat on his head. Cabott was caught smiling next to Steinberg, only a few feet away, while Veach beamed on his own in the Chiefs’ war room alongside Dorsey and Reid.

For months, this was what they all had wanted. And now, finally, it was a reality.

“Let’s say this,” Cabott concluded with a laugh, “we only had a few hats behind that banner.”

https://youtu.be/xUYoS5x1n9I

FAX 09-22-2018 04:00 PM

This Danny Perkins guy ... is he the restaurateur?

If so, I would like an egg sandwich and an orange juice.

FAX THE FAMISHED

DRM08 09-22-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13752049)

That's awesome. Probably a better experience than being at the draft. Surrounded by his family and friends in a laid back environment. Pretty cool.