ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Are you a Hipster? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265669)

loochy 10-25-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9048929)
Also, there are black hipsters?

Setsuna

siberian khatru 10-25-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9048935)
Setsuna

ROFL

Probably.

loochy 10-25-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9048938)
ROFL

Probably.

No seriously...i envision him wearing horn rimmed thick black glasses with no lenses, old thin too small t shirts, skinny jeans, and 80s looking nike high tops.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 02:12 PM

If you want to see hipsters just go to Westport.

Radar Chief 10-25-2012 02:16 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GlkoQ4bUE5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiderhater 10-25-2012 02:55 PM

I thought it was a new label fot the coffee shop dweebs.

WhiteWhale 10-25-2012 04:40 PM

It's easy to define a hipster.

Hipsters have no identity. Their identity is the 'stuff' they like. Clothes, music, and movies. The kicker is that they only like things that YOU Have never heard of, and it's BECAUSE you've never heard of it. If it's well known, they're 'too cool' for it.

Hipsters come from all walks of life, but they're all annoying people who are obsessed with their own image.

WhiteWhale 10-25-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9048235)
A hipster is someone who is smart enough to talk about philosophy, music, politics, art, etc. with you all day long, but not smart enough to see how big of a tool s/he is.

The only sure fire way to tell if someone you're talking to is, in fact, a hipster is to ask them "are you a hipster?". If they respond no, and turn their casette player back on, you can be sure you're dealing with a hipster.

Person 1: I met this really smart girl with a goofy haircut, but I think she has asperger's.

Person 2: She's probably just a hipster.

That too.

Hipsters LOVE those studies and they love them because it makes them feel smart when arguing with drunk idiots at a bar. They only go to college so they can feel smarter than their peers, but usually graduate with no actual money making skills.

All hipsters are narcissists. All of them.

Sorter 10-25-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9047968)
Back in the day Huey Lewis and the News told us it was hip to be square.

I don't know if that is a hipster though?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc4hbcJDjX1ryzhko.gif

JoeyChuckles 10-25-2012 04:57 PM

Give me a porcelain skinned girl with dark and and thick glasses any day over a dumb tanned blonde.

Demonpenz 10-25-2012 05:01 PM

Quicksilver is probably the closest thing here, but he is more grind/emo/goth core. It is hard to be a hipster with chiefs colors that is for sure.

KChiefer 10-25-2012 05:05 PM

Hipster Style Guide

Men's Hair: Either an experimental haircut with clean-shaved face OR a traditional haircut with unkempt facial-hair or curly-stash.

Men's Clothing: Tight tee-shirt or top-buttoned flannel, tight jeans w/ Chuck Taylors

Women's Hair: Either experimental or shoulder length traditional. Both cuts either completely dyed or highlighted with Primary or Secondary colors.

Women's Clothing: Simple top and jeans w/Chucks or black mid-calf boots or a loud patterned A-line dress w/ simple flats and cardigan.

Unisex Accessories: Thick rimmed glasses, Eyebrow piercing, Nose/lip piercing(women only)

Unisex Tattoos: Arm-tat barely sticking out of tight tee-shirt or full sleeve tat usually containing animals and/or album covers of bands you've never heard of.

Transport: 10-speed or retro Schwinn bicycle

Drink: Microbrew for first beer, PBR/Hamms/Schitzs after or cheap whiskey

rico 10-25-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9048170)
I wear vintage and thrift store clothes, loose-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and have thick-rimmed glasses.

I'm in my LATE 30's, value independent thinking, counter-culture (when it comes to art, music, and movies), despise progressive politics, appreciate indie-rock, am creative AND intelligent, and like witty banter only if it's coming out of my mouth. I don't want to hear anyone else talk.

Yep! HIPSTER!!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-25-2012 05:16 PM

Last weekend I went to a parade to watch my daughter march with the high school band. There was a young couple there... low to mid 20's. Both of them had on skinny jeans made of something other than denim, fashionable shoes... they were like boots on the foot area but not tall like boots, both had a pinstripe button up on and a jacket that matched their shoe/boot things and had some undefined snaps or something that didn't make sense location-wise. Both had perfect hair. Hers... long and straight in a pony tail, jet black. His... parted perfectly on the left side and kind of poofy on the right. He had a perfectly shaped 5 o'clock shadow and both wore black rimmed, black lense sunglasses. Both had perfect skin and were drinking Starbucks.

Were they hipsters or just douchebags?

NewChief 10-25-2012 05:19 PM

When fat old bald dudes on a Chiefs message board are discussing hipsters... you know the whole hipster thing has jumped the shark.