ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes ' Ankle Injury (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325790)

rabblerouser 10-09-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14511694)
We're gonna need a lot more than that if this keeps up because Mahomes is gonna get killed.

I know.

WhiteWhale 10-09-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14511697)
I know.

I'm far more worried about that than one loss to the Colts in week 5. This was their superbowl. Shit happens.

Mahomes getting smeared 120 time a game is very alarming.

He was FINALLY moving around like himself again in the 1st quarter too.

srvy 10-09-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14511626)
You'll never see a left tackle the calibur of Roaf again.

Not because of talent, but because Ol's just don't get enough practice at their craft anymore.

The best team OL in the NFL right now is a mediocre team OL 15 years ago. Modern Offensive line play is cringe inducing.

If you believe the stories out there Roaf barely practiced so he could be ready to play on his faulty knee's on game day.

Tribal Warfare 10-09-2019 12:16 PM

Andy Reid : I wouldn't put Patrick in harms way if he isn't ready

WhiteWhale 10-09-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14511704)
If you believe the stories out there Roaf barely practiced so he could be ready to play on his faulty knee's on game day.

His whole career? Nah, no way. He had full contact camps for a decade before coming to KC. That's a cumulative thing. Guys barely practice in pads anymore. It's all walk-throughs.

Maybe his last 2 years in KC, but I remember guys like Whitlock complaining that DV made him practice TOO MUCH and that it drove him into 'early retirement'.

ptlyon 10-09-2019 12:24 PM

Didn't Roaf have problems with gout? Or is it someone else I'm thinking of?

WhiteWhale 10-09-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14511734)
Didn't Roaf have problems with gout? Or is it someone else I'm thinking of?

Nope, that was Willy.

notorious 10-09-2019 12:29 PM

****ing Erving. Not only is he shit, he directly ****s up our QBs ankle.

Kman34 10-09-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14511595)
I mean what else would he say? "Man my ankle is really ****ed up, I can barely walk or run on it"

Actually that would be a good strategy... the opposing defense would play for pocket passing and Boom!!! Outside of the pocket TD...

srvy 10-09-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14511713)
His whole career? Nah, no way. He had full contact camps for a decade before coming to KC. That's a cumulative thing. Guys barely practice in pads anymore. It's all walk-throughs.

Maybe his last 2 years in KC, but I remember guys like Whitlock complaining that DV made him practice TOO MUCH and that it drove him into 'early retirement'.

Those stories started in New Orleans. I always thought it was his act to make opposition think he was gimpy and would have an easy day against him. Then he would go out and completely dominate. DV even said he could barely walk after a game day and he would rehab just to play the next Sunday.

Prison Bitch 10-09-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14511641)
The idea is KC will throw every resource possible to have the best OL in league. Andy encouraged Ballard to draft Nelson in the 1st to protect Luck. " Do anything you can to protect him"

Who’s Andy? Andy Reid?

RetiredSeniorChief 10-09-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14511626)
You'll never see a left tackle the calibur of Roaf again.

Not because of talent, but because Ol's just don't get enough practice at their craft anymore.

The best team OL in the NFL right now is a mediocre team OL 15 years ago. Modern Offensive line play is cringe inducing.

Seems like every team the Chiefs play has a HOF caliber LT & RT.

Mecca 10-09-2019 12:56 PM

If you want an idea of where OL play is today......Anthony Costanzo that we just faced is basically the best rated LT in the NFL, him and Bahktieri from Green Bay, those guys aren't dominating forces, they're athletic and sound.