ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hunter's moon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149144)

blueballs 10-05-2006 08:09 PM

Hunter's moon

October 7
Full Hunter's Moon - October With the leaves falling and the deer fattened, it is time to hunt. Since the fields have been reaped, hunters can easily see fox and the animals which have come out to glean.

time for internet tough guy night
kiss my ass

Halfcan 10-05-2006 08:31 PM

Go ahead-Make my day Bambi!

blueballs 10-05-2006 08:40 PM

crickets make good fishbait
drunken fishfry

boogblaster 10-05-2006 11:37 PM

mad-deer alert.. saliva causes you to slobber..

Halfcan 10-05-2006 11:40 PM

I think this thrread is gaining steam-should hit 200 pretty quick.

StcChief 10-06-2006 07:48 AM

Damn near got hit by 2 last night around dusk. .5 second sooner up the road.

Rain Man 10-06-2006 08:07 AM

My animal instincts arise. I paint my face with berries and herbs. I howl at the moon!

But tonight, there is no howling. Tonight I hunt in the darkness. I creep silently through the falling leaves and listen for the tiny sounds, the slight crinkling and shuffling, that identifies my quarry.

There! Off to my right! My ears prick up, my head turns. I listen intently, and pick it up again, upwind against the cooling autumn breeze.

I know that sound, know it well. When you have survived many winters, you know the sounds, the smells, the sights, of everything in your environment. The sound awakens my hunter's instincts.

I creep forward, creep forward, careful not to alert my target. There it is, now, in a clearing lit by the moon. Staying downwind, I stealthily make my way forward, and my knowledge of the ways of my people pays off. I am undetected until I am so close that I can nearly touch it.

I leap out, every synapse firing with adrenaline!

"I'll have the Nachos Bell Grande," I ask, and the girl gives it to me. I open it up, crinkling the paper in the distinctive manner of this species, and howl at the moon.

The hunt was good.

ptlyon 10-06-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
The hunt was good.

Well played my little monkey friend, well played.

Redrum_69 10-06-2006 08:55 AM

Tonight I'll be hunting all your moms beavers

blueballs 10-07-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
Well played my little monkey friend, well played.

I'll be hunting your momma

stevieray 10-07-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
My animal instincts arise. I paint my face with berries and herbs. I howl at the moon!

But tonight, there is no howling. Tonight I hunt in the darkness. I creep silently through the falling leaves and listen for the tiny sounds, the slight crinkling and shuffling, that identifies my quarry.

There! Off to my right! My ears prick up, my head turns. I listen intently, and pick it up again, upwind against the cooling autumn breeze.

I know that sound, know it well. When you have survived many winters, you know the sounds, the smells, the sights, of everything in your environment. The sound awakens my hunter's instincts.

I creep forward, creep forward, careful not to alert my target. There it is, now, in a clearing lit by the moon. Staying downwind, I stealthily make my way forward, and my knowledge of the ways of my people pays off. I am undetected until I am so close that I can nearly touch it.

I leap out, every synapse firing with adrenaline!

"I'll have the Nachos Bell Grande," I ask, and the girl gives it to me. I open it up, crinkling the paper in the distinctive manner of this species, and howl at the moon.

The hunt was good.

Sounds exactly like a story another guy told me except at the end, he threw chicken soup on some guy in downtown Denver that was dressed like Josey Wales.

KcMizzou 10-07-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
Sounds exactly like a story another guy told me except at the end, he threw chicken soup on some guy in downtown Denver that was dressed like Josey Wales.

Hey Stevie.. I saw you and Weirdwolf on the news the other day. KMBC, I think? You were at a bar being interviewed about the PSL stuff. (not in costume) Cool deal.

stevieray 10-07-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Hey Stevie.. I saw you and Weirdwolf on the news the other day. KMBC, I think? You were at a bar being interviewed about the PSL stuff. (not in costume) Cool deal.

thanks! we lucked out..!

mitch holthus' show at aces and eights...DJ was there that night.

Donger 10-07-2006 05:05 PM

Brand new 'scope for Harvest Moon near perigee, and it's been fucking cloudy for three nights.

LaChapelle 10-03-2009 08:27 PM

Harvest Moon at 2:10AM
Ten - four