ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268533)

Dylan 01-06-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9290116)
I missed the injury. Is there video of it yet, or should I avoid seeing what happened?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gv-R28775q0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 01-06-2013 08:14 PM

It's so weird how builds work in NFL bodies.

Aren't RGIII and Adrian Peterson pretty much identical size-wise? 6'2" 220 pounds?

Mother****erJones 01-06-2013 08:15 PM

Shannahan is a moron with his lying. That's why i want a pocket passer. And Geno is the best pocket passer in the draft

Deberg_1990 01-06-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9290063)
No doubt, he runs that option great. That's what is funny about it... everybody goes on about a passing league and wants Wilson at QB. He can throw the ball well no doubt, but their strength is running the football. Seattle ran for 224 tonight. They were 3rd in the league in rushing yards, 27th in passing yards. If they do win it all it'll be interesting to see how it changes the NFL.

Marshawn Lynch might be the most underrated RB in football. Head been reborn ever since he left Buffalo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dylan 01-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9290185)
Shannahan is a moron with his lying. That's why i want a pocket passer. And Geno is the best pocket passer in the draft

And Reid is one of the best quarterback mentors in the league.

notorious 01-06-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9290175)
<>

OMG

That's bad. :(

tk13 01-06-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9290089)
I don't believe that you need to fling the ball all over the yard to win in the NFL.

But you do have to have a QB come up with big passing plays in order to win.

You can not rely solely on the running game, because one dimensional offenses can be too easily shut down by good defenses.

Russel Wilson provides that.

I agree with you. But there's a difference between Eli Manning and Wilson. No QB like Wilson has ever won a Super Bowl. Maybe he can change that. But it kind of flies in the face of why everyone's so excited about hiring Reid. Or the whole passing league thing, or everyone pointing out how the Giants were last in rushing last year... or everything we've talked about on here for 5 years. He's basically Tebow with more speed and tremendous accuracy. Maybe Josh McDaniels was actually a genius.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9290260)
I agree with you. But there's a difference between Eli Manning and Wilson. No QB like Wilson has ever won a Super Bowl. Maybe he can change that. But it kind of flies in the face of why everyone's so excited about hiring Reid. Or the whole passing league thing, or everyone pointing out how the Giants were last in rushing last year... or everything we've talked about on here for 5 years. He's basically Tebow with more speed and tremendous accuracy. Maybe Josh McDaniels was actually a genius.

Well he hasn't won anything yet. But I do love his clutch playmaking ability. He's built kind of like a RB. Stocky with a low center of gravity. He's become a decent passer as the season has gone on.
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 01-06-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9290075)
Postgame Press Conference - Shanahan throws RGIII under the bus

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-keep-going/

Stay classy, Shanahan

Shanahan is a ****ing dick! What kind of guy does that to a player? And yes he did do it to a player, he should have had him out after the deal in the first quarter.

Wow....I hope the other players are taking note of their coach's concern for their well being.

Chiefnj2 01-07-2013 07:55 AM

My random playoff thoughts.

1. I wonder how the game ends if RGIII doesn't tweak his knee. 2 drives when he is healthy and 2 TDs.

2. Snyder, use some of that money and fix your field - re sod it, install turf, do something. Griffin's knee, Peterson's knee on the same field.

3. Shanahan was in a no win position. If he pulls Griffin and they lose and Griffin says he could have kept playing then he gets the blame for pulling his franchise player.

4. The Texans were one of the most uptight teams I've seen. Very nervous. I wonder if Atlanta will start out the same.

5. Vikings - perfect example why you need a seasoned veteran as your backup.

6. Bengals - did they even throw a pass to AJ Green in the first half? Playcalling was horrible.

7. Flacco - I know he isn't considered elite yet, but between last year and this year the guy is making some key throws in the post season.

8. Go Seahawks!

Molitoth 01-07-2013 08:44 AM

This is why it is good that Geno Smith puts so much emphasis on being a Pocket Passer.
He can run pretty good, but he doesn't which helps his durability.

At the same time, there are (a few) moments when he SHOULD have run because there was a lot of space out in front of him.

Hootie 01-07-2013 09:07 AM

I read a Babb tweet I agreed with...ponder and cutler called pussies for being hurt and sitting out in the postseason but RGIII gets the opposite reaction...fans are so unrealistic

BryanBusby 01-07-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9291173)
6. Bengals - did they even throw a pass to AJ Green in the first half? Playcalling was horrible.

Johnathan Joseph was covering AJ Green really well early on and you're pretty limited as to what you can run on offense if you can't run the ball on Houston. BJGE is just so mediocre.