ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Prison Bitch 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

Carpenter is the NL's version of Andy Pettitte in terms of his postseason dependability. If he's done, he had a helluva career.

Rams Fan 02-13-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9400799)
Baseball America, mlb.com and basically every baseball blogger and publication has named the Cardinals as the best farm system in baseball. Yet you still pass out !@#$%'s?

I realize that you feel that if your team doesn't win the World series every year that season is a failure but a FU to our farm system? COME ON MAN!

Mo has failed to properly address the middle infield with a young prospect aside from Wong. The Cardinals best ****ing SS prospect is probably Ryan ****ing Jackson.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9400799)
Baseball America, mlb.com and basically every baseball blogger and publication has named the Cardinals as the best farm system in baseball. Yet you still pass out !@#$%'s?

I realize that you feel that if your team doesn't win the World series every year that season is a failure but a FU to our farm system? COME ON MAN!

I said FU to John Mozeliak.

Jeff Luhnow built our farm system and he's gone now. Luhnow would've never made the Ramsey pick.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9400827)
Mo has failed to properly address the middle infield with a young prospect aside from Wong. The Cardinals best ****ing SS prospect is probably Ryan ****ing Jackson.

If he can play credible defense, it's Greg Garcia.

But that's a big if.

Rams Fan 02-13-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9400835)
I said FU to John Mozeliak.

Jeff Luhnow built our farm system and he's gone now. Luhnow would've never made the Ramsey pick.

I do think Luhnow deserves a shit load of credit for rebuilding the farm system, but at the same time, I do think Mo deserves credit too but not to the extent of Luhnow. Luhnow pretty much built it up from the ground while Mo is trying to maintain a good system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9400840)
If he can play credible defense, it's Greg Garcia.

But that's a big if.

Probably so, but Jackson seems to have an above average glove and average bat. Garcia has an above average bat, and hopefully average defense.

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9400827)

Every baseball team has holes.

Rams Fan 02-13-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9400862)

It's been a glaring one for about a ****ing decade.

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9400874)
It's been a glaring one for about a ****ing decade.

I agree.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9400881)

And they should recognize and actively attempt to fill those holes.

Instead we drafted a superfluous part with an extremely low ceiling and gave him a contract that was significantly better than his performance, tools or leverage warranted.

DJ's left nut 02-13-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9400859)
I do think Luhnow deserves a shit load of credit for rebuilding the farm system, but at the same time, I do think Mo deserves credit too but not to the extent of Luhnow. Luhnow pretty much built it up from the ground while Mo is trying to maintain a good system.

Probably so, but Jackson seems to have an above average glove and average bat. Garcia has an above average bat, and hopefully average defense.

Jackson has a noodle bat. He hit well at Springfield but everyone hits well at Hammond. At AAA, guys were taking the bat out of his hand. His bat looks a lot like Kozmas but with even less power. I don't see him ever being able to hit enough to be a regular.

If he's Brendan Ryan with the leather, you could up with it. Ryan Jackson isn't Brendan Ryan with the leather.

Garcia at least has a couple of projectable tools, namely his walk rate and bat control. That leads me to believe he can actually play at the next level.

BigRedChief 02-13-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9400888)
And they should recognize and actively attempt to fill those holes.

Instead we drafted a superfluous part with an extremely low ceiling and gave him a contract that was significantly better than his performance, tools or leverage warranted.

Every team had holes and can't fill them all.

We have to focus on starting pitching. We have absolutely zero chance to compete with the BILLION TV contracts without young quality starting pitching. It balances the $25 million a year hitters and allows us to pursue other FA's or pay our own guys. Instead of buying the most expensive position in baseball, top level pitching.

As far as Ludhow building the #1 farm system by himself and no one else helped...... Last years draft......you are bitching about the Ramsey pick but other baseball gurus praised the move. Allowing them to sign picks in the later rounds with tremendous upside....... and also what about Wachau? He was picked by Mo, flew up the system in a single year. will compete for a spot on the team after a single year in the minors.

Mi_chief_fan 02-15-2013 06:25 PM

Haven't seen much of him, but what I saw of Mejia in the CWS last year, I liked. He looks like he could develop above avg power for a ss.

BigRedChief 02-15-2013 07:19 PM

I think the FO is not going to make Taveras do another year in the minors. Superficial evidence piling up.
Beltran concedes he could use more rest
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...7e67aae86.html

Methany: Taveras will get a good look. Pal up with Beltran, fill in for Beltran and Holliday in spring training
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...430d5d329.html

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-15-2013 08:01 PM

Ideally you want to wait a few months for Taveras to come up because then you get another year on his clock due to the weird way the arb system works.

BigRedChief 02-15-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9406250)
Ideally you want to wait a few months for Taveras to come up because then you get another year on his clock due to the weird way the arb system works.

that was the general consensus that the Cards didn't want the 6 year clock to start ticking until he was really ready for prime time to get the most bang for their 6 year buck. They would hold him back until this year didn't count because if he pans out as prediction, he will be making $25+ million a year in year 7 of big show service.

When can you bring up players and not count as a year of service, you know?