ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   This weeks BBall rankings: KU 2nd but lots of first place votes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179073)

BigVE 01-21-2008 07:53 PM

This weeks BBall rankings: KU 2nd but lots of first place votes.

Not that it matters right now either way. Just a note. KU got 23 first place votes in the AP and 10 first place votes in the coaches poll. Memphis creampuff schedule shouldn't present much of a challenge to them but KU will be tested in the Big12. Go hawks, go KU!

ArrowheadHawk 01-21-2008 08:07 PM

Memphis probably deserves to be number one at this point, but if KU keeps winning they will close the gap. And the gap isn't very big right now to begin with.

DaKCMan AP 01-21-2008 08:08 PM

In about a month Memphis plays Tennessee. Probably their toughest match of the season.

kstater 01-21-2008 08:12 PM

Not that it matters, but what do you guys think of all the ranked "mid-majors". Do you think that the voters are purposely trying to send a message to the NCAA committee to get these guys in? Not griping, but St. Mary's is ranked, and looking at their schedule they have 1, maybe 2 good victories?

ArrowheadHawk 01-21-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater
Not that it matters, but what do you guys think of all the ranked "mid-majors". Do you think that the voters are purposely trying to send a message to the NCAA committee to get these guys in? Not griping, but St. Mary's is ranked, and looking at their schedule they have 1, maybe 2 good victories?

It's a good thing this is basketball and things will be decided in March, not by polls.

BigVE 01-21-2008 08:16 PM

Parody is so prevalent in college b-ball anymore who knows WHO is really "all that" until tourney time. THAT is when the cream will rise to the top...all of the rest is just pretty packaging to get/keep people guessing and looking and gambling. I think the mid majors are here to stay.

Eleazar 01-21-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
It's a good thing this is basketball and things will be decided in March, not by polls.

exactly, at least they let the basketball teams settle it on the floor, hear to head.

Skip Towne 01-21-2008 08:41 PM

KU has won 32 of their last 33 BB games. The loss to UCLA broke a 14 game winning streak.

BigVE 01-21-2008 08:44 PM

I think the Big12 will represent well in the tourney...it's still early but several teams are looking very good. KU, Kstate, MU, A@M, Texas should all make it easily if they keep it up. Who knows?

KcMizzou 01-21-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE
I think the Big12 will represent well in the tourney...it's still early but several teams are looking very good. KU, Kstate, MU, A@M, Texas should all make it easily if they keep it up. Who knows?

Mizzou's gonna need some road wins, and I don't know if they have it in 'em.

kstater 01-21-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Mizzou's gonna need some road wins, and I don't know if they have it in 'em.

Yeah, Mizzou has an extremely uphill battle. Realistically, with the losses they already have, they can probably only afford to lose 3-4 more games. On top of that will have to make a run in the Big 12 tourney and get another quality win.

Edit: Looking at it again, I'm probably being generous with 3-4 losses.

chiefsfan987 01-21-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE

I think the Big XII will get a fair # of teams in the tourney (4-6), but I don't think they will represent the conference very well once they get there.

Skip Towne 01-21-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987
I think the Big XII will get a fair # of teams in the tourney (4-6), but I don't think they will represent the conference very well once they get there.

Why not? Not arguing just wonder why you think that.

KevB 01-21-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
In about a month Memphis plays Tennessee. Probably their toughest match of the season.

The beat Georgetown handily, when they were top 5. They also still have Gonzaga. Tennessee seems to be finding their stride, and Memphis hates Tennessee and Tennessee hates Memphis --- should be a fun game to watch.

KevB 01-21-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
Memphis probably deserves to be number one at this point, but if KU keeps winning they will close the gap. And the gap isn't very big right now to begin with.

Memphis had the toughest non-con schedule in the nation and went undefeated, so yeah, they deserve #1. They'll also play Tennessee, Gonzaga, and a couple of decent CUSA teams in Houston and UAB.