ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop How Many Hours Of Sleep Do You Get On A Week Night? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316183)

WhiteWhale 07-12-2018 10:21 AM

About 4 hours is ideal for me. If I sleep more than 5, I'm groggy all day. I usually sleep from around 2 AM to 6 AM.

I usually take a short 30 minute nap after lunch.

I recently read that they've isolated a specific gene that allows some people to require about half as much sleep as a normal person.

It may seem weird to most, but for me the idea of sleeping 8 hours is crazy. I wake up feeling like I came out of a coma. I needed the full night when I was young but by the time I was about 15-16 I just didn't sleep much at all.

Simply Red 07-12-2018 10:23 AM

man this thread jinxed me awfully. I literally don't think I got 20 minutes last night. LMAO

Bearcat 07-12-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13625030)

Man, it's been divine. The temperature drops to the lower 60s at night, so it's very pleasant. I look up at the stars, get my skin caressed by cool breezes, and I'm protected because the balcony has a three foot wall or higher on every side. I want to sleep out there permanently in the summer now. I think that perhaps people are meant to sleep outdoors.

Not much noise to bother you, or you're a deep sleeper?

I'm basically in the same situation in terms of weather... low humidity with a 25+ degree difference between night and day. I'll run the A/C during stretches of 90°+/70° weather, but I have a whole house fan that does wonders if it drops much below 70 overnight... it's the closest to sleeping outside without actually doing it, with a nice cool breeze, and some mornings it'll be in the low-mid 60s in the house by morning.

The neighborhood is pretty quiet, except the neighborhood dogs at 5-6am... even the few birds can get annoying once I wake up. Not sure I could do the outside thing just because of that.

gblowfish 07-12-2018 10:34 AM

I try to get 8 per night, but I wake up a lot. Usually I actually sleep for about four, then wake up, then try to get back to sleep to get the other four. It's been years since i slept a full eight hours without waking up.

Fish 07-12-2018 10:55 AM

I have an inability to nap during the day. Outside of migraine days, I can't do it. It's either overnight sleep or nothing.

Rain Man 07-12-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13625220)
Not much noise to bother you, or you're a deep sleeper?

I'm basically in the same situation in terms of weather... low humidity with a 25+ degree difference between night and day. I'll run the A/C during stretches of 90°+/70° weather, but I have a whole house fan that does wonders if it drops much below 70 overnight... it's the closest to sleeping outside without actually doing it, with a nice cool breeze, and some mornings it'll be in the low-mid 60s in the house by morning.

The neighborhood is pretty quiet, except the neighborhood dogs at 5-6am... even the few birds can get annoying once I wake up. Not sure I could do the outside thing just because of that.

I think I can generally ignore ambient noise. We're in the middle of the city so there's always some traffic noise, but at this point I can completely ignore it. So I guess it gets quiet enough. I want to convince my wife to just make that balcony our summer bedroom.

Coochie liquor 07-12-2018 11:13 AM

I usually get about 5-6 hours a night. I work in the heat most days, and usually run between 5-7 miles a day after work (which is still in the heat), shower, dinner, about 30 min of tv, sex, sleep by 11, up around 430-5 am, most days up before the alarm.

track 07-12-2018 11:22 AM

Since I started going to bed at the same time every night... 7-8. Prior to that 6. I am in bed at 10 waking up about 5:30. A hard workout during the day adds about 30 min.

Rasputin 07-12-2018 11:25 AM

I work nights but it's generally 14-16 hour shift 6 night in a row two off rotation. I probably average 30 to 40 hours a week overtime I've had up to 91 hours overtime for two week pay period. I like the money but it wears you the **** out.

BWillie 07-12-2018 11:59 AM

I have a wildly erratic sleep schedule. About 3 times a week I sleep 3-4 hrs a night. 2 or 3 times a week I sleep about 7 hrs. Then the other 2 or 3 days I get 8-10. And whoever said you can't make up sleep is an idiot. Immediately after I have a full night of sleep I feel like a million bucks no matter how many nights of 3 hr sleep I've had.

Try Modafinil if any of you have irregular sleep schedule. Makes you feel wakefulness and ability to concentrate, but not like adderall. It's just more of a calming and lower key effect.

SAUTO 07-12-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13624692)
Do you guys getting 5 hours feel fresh and focused at work?

I feel great.

Frazod 07-12-2018 06:11 PM

That's why God created caffeine.

New World Order 07-12-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13625298)
I have an inability to nap during the day. Outside of migraine days, I can't do it. It's either overnight sleep or nothing.

If I take a nap during the day I'm screwed.

End up getting about 3 hours of sleep at night.

MMXcalibur 07-12-2018 06:59 PM

5-6 hours.

I go to bed at 1:00 AM every night, but I grab a 40 minute nap the next day to recharge for the afternoon.

ThaVirus 07-12-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13625203)
I recently read that they've isolated a specific gene that allows some people to require about half as much sleep as a normal person.

Based on what I've read of Herschel Walker, he must have had that variant. Apparently he'd only need 4 hours of sleep a night. Dude was a freak.

I've read Gruden has it as well. Kinda gave him a leg up on the competition.