ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

evenfall 11-29-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8153641)
Saw on NBC41 sports last night where one alumni was putting up $800,000 towards the buyout. I had the volume turned down, but they had an interview with him... and they had in words across the bottom that he was putting up that much of his cash.

I don't care how rich I ever am in this world, I would never pay that much to get rid of a coach who was going to get fired anyway. Holy crap. Think what you could do in the world with that money if you were going to give it away... to something besides a moribund football program anyway

teedubya 11-29-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8154232)
So, it's safe to say you'd start paying attention to KU football if they hired Leach?

Absolutely. KU football has been so inconsistent in my life that it's never really been that fun to pay attention to.

In fact, after learning so much about him... I will watch whatever team that he goes to. He is ****ing awesome.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50067308&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4697690n" />

KC_Connection 11-29-2011 07:41 PM

Leach arrived in Lawrence yet?

RockChalk 11-29-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8154641)
Absolutely. KU football has been so inconsistent in my life that it's never really been that fun to pay attention to.

In fact, after learning so much about him... I will watch whatever team that he goes to. He is ****ing awesome.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50067308&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4697690n" />

I have a buddy that is a die-hard KState fan. But he loves Leach so much, that he would probably start cheering pretty hard for KU if he signed here.

KC_Connection 11-29-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic (Post 8154260)
You're ignoring the baggage of the whole ESPN / Craig James fiasco. Leach needs to let that go and move on if he wants to be seriously considered for another head coaching job.

I heard him on the radio about a month ago. I've always been a fan of his and I think he got totally screwed by Craig James, ESPN, and Texas Tech. The problem is that he came off during that radio interview as a guy who is so bitter about the whole thing that it consumes him.

I guess I really wanted to hear him say "I think I got a bad deal, but I'm ready to move on, I just want to think about the future, blah blah blah." I never heard him say anything remotely resembling that. Maybe I just heard him on a bad day. Maybe he said he said it before I tuned in or after I tuned out. But I know that if I were an Athletic Director and I heard that, it would make me hesitate.

He hates ESPN. I hate ESPN. It's a fit.

KC_Connection 11-29-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8154469)
But he's already tweeted that KU was not going to get Leach - does that mean that it evens out to a maybe?

The deal is done?

teedubya 11-29-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic (Post 8154260)
You're ignoring the baggage of the whole ESPN / Craig James fiasco. Leach needs to let that go and move on if he wants to be seriously considered for another head coaching job.

I heard him on the radio about a month ago. I've always been a fan of his and I think he got totally screwed by Craig James, ESPN, and Texas Tech. The problem is that he came off during that radio interview as a guy who is so bitter about the whole thing that it consumes him.

I guess I really wanted to hear him say "I think I got a bad deal, but I'm ready to move on, I just want to think about the future, blah blah blah." I never heard him say anything remotely resembling that. Maybe I just heard him on a bad day. Maybe he said he said it before I tuned in or after I tuned out. But I know that if I were an Athletic Director and I heard that, it would make me hesitate.

Of course it pissed him off and he is bitter about it, he is a ****ing attorney.

He got hosed. He signed a 5 years $12.9m contract at the start of the 2009 season and Texas Tech has paid $0.

Braincase 11-29-2011 08:07 PM

Seems like fans of former rival teams ought to quit worrying about KU football and worry more about butts in seats for their ranked and undefeated basketball team. Might we see a (gasp) Groupon offer?

Silock 11-29-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8153944)
Nothing official that Leach is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even considered and they decide to go after Mr nice guy with little to no potential over the controversial Leach.

LOL Come the **** on. I used to think you were trying to have a discussion, but this is clearly a troll post.

Titty Meat 11-29-2011 08:32 PM

I'll bet it's going to be Dave Doeren.

Bambi 11-29-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8154471)
Talking numbers is fine, but I'd like to see Zenger interview multiple candidates and not rush into it on name alone. I think Leach would potentially be a good hire, but there are other coaches out there that I'd like to see them look at as well...

I'm not so sure.

Hiring Leach would be a home run for the program and instantly bring KU Football back to the national headlines (at least for a while).

It's hard to say wait it out in these types of situations. Once the first guy is gone things will move pretty quickly.

Leach is an excellent coach, has great recruiting ties in Texas, and has some "issues" that other programs may be a little weary of right now but would love to have him if his situation was different.

There are lots of good choices for Kansas. Leach is beyond good. There's nothing wrong with making a splash.

O.city 11-29-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8154853)
I'll bet it's going to be Dave Doeren.

You mean Roger Dorn?

LiveSteam 11-29-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8154809)
Seems like fans of former rival teams ought to quit worrying about KU football and worry more about butts in seats for their ranked and undefeated basketball team. Might we see a (gasp) Groupon offer?

Hey! # 22 Creighton Blue jays basketball always packs the house.

Bambi 11-29-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

What?!? You mean fans of teams these days can't afford to sell out both sports!?!

You don't say...

Saul Good 11-29-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

You mean basketball isn't important to schools with football programs?