ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously, how did we look last night? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188760)

chiefsngop 08-08-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 4901882)
1. We didn't crap our pants
2. Preseason D is so vanilla, you hardly ever see QB pressure.
3. We won a preseason game...unlike last year
3. We will be able to defend the bootleg since we will practice against it.
4. Cornerback play looked promising
5. We appear to have a real OC unlike the past

Couldn't agree more about the bootleg. Denver's offense might sh*t their pants if they bootleg and counter us a few times and it doesn't go for huge gains each time !

The Franchise 08-08-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4901652)
I agree with pretty what everyone else has stated but the one thing that I took notice of is how much quicker this team is compared to years past. We are young but we will able to make some plays just because we are alot quicker on the field.

That is one thing that I noticed (minus Surtain). In years past I used to watch the Chiefs play and think that they looked slow as hell compared to the other teams. For the first time....it actually looked like they could keep up with teams, speed wise, last night.

J Diddy 08-08-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4901940)
That is one thing that I noticed (minus Surtain). In years past I used to watch the Chiefs play and think that they looked slow as hell compared to the other teams. For the first time....it actually looked like they could keep up with teams, speed wise, last night.

i thought surtain looked like he was stuck in a puddle of quicksand all night.

The Franchise 08-08-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 4901975)

The dude is slow and old. I'm assuming the only reason he didn't cut like all of the other older players is 1. He makes too much and 2. We needed some form of veteran leadership in the secondary.

Jawshco 08-08-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4901639)
The tackling was bullshit last night.

Yes, it was. And it was exactly what Cunningham was harping about in camp- they're not wrapping up. These guys are going for the big hits and interceptions rather than making solid tackles and batting down the passes. The Bears' first TD should have been batted down, and I saw several big hits that didn't end up as tackles (however, Flowers did lay a really nice hit on a Bears WR that popped the ball out of what would have been a pretty big completion - he was definitely impressive for a rookie).

Maybe it's nerves, but that was horrible Bear's offense last night. Gun still has time to get through to these guys, but so far he hasn't. Hopefully it improves in a hurry.

Jawshco 08-08-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4901584)
huard looked good corodie no so good

That's not even funny as a joke. Huard looked like a statue in the pocket, meanwhile Brodie is making great passes in tight coverage, moving around and making things happen.

Still we got to keep Huard. Even as a statue he looked like a decent back up. Thigpin doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL.

Carlota69 08-08-2008 02:26 PM

Well it sounds like we may miss JA this year. Dorsey didnt play, right?

Sure-Oz 08-08-2008 02:27 PM

Dorsey will play next saturday, he wasn't in.

kstater 08-08-2008 02:29 PM

Huard was awesome/KCJohnny.

BigVE 08-08-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 4902054)
Well it sounds like we may miss JA this year. Dorsey didnt play, right?

There was almost NO QB pressure, YES we will miss JA. Dorsey can only get so much pressure up the middle but if he garners double teams then maybe it will free up Hali or somebody.

One note that I didn't see mentioned was Croyle's audibles...he seemed to do a nice job, he looked in control and not scared like last year. It was nice to see them ADJUST at the line instead of trying to run up the middle against an obvious 8 man front or something.

sedated 08-08-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 4901975)

aren't they going to move him to nickel?

gblowfish 08-08-2008 02:43 PM

The Good:
All running backs look competent
Better on special teams
Nobody got hurt

The Bad
Too many penalties on offense
No pass rush
2nd string line sucks out loud
We have Damon Huard.

Bearcat 08-08-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 4902113)
One note that I didn't see mentioned was Croyle's audibles...he seemed to do a nice job, he looked in control and not scared like last year. It was nice to see them ADJUST at the line instead of trying to run up the middle against an obvious 8 man front or something.

That is very exciting news... Yeah, 'it's just preseason', but there were times last year where he would basically drop back 2 steps and spike the ball because he knew the play wasn't going to work, but there was nothing he could do about it.

OnTheWarpath15 08-08-2008 03:08 PM

Just finished watching the game for the first time.

Thoughts:

Anyone who says Croyle didn't look good doesn't have an objective bone in their body. Christ, I would have taken just getting past midfield on the first drive as success - instead, we drive 81 yards in 16 plays and take half of the first quarter doing it.

Offensive line didn't look all that bad. The penalties HAVE to stop though.

D-Line was atrocious. From starters to 3rd stringers.

Players that impressed: Croyle, Savage, Cottam, the WR corp and Barth.

Players that disappointed: Morgan, D. Williams, entire DL corp.

sedated 08-08-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 4902123)
Nobody got hurt

pretty much the only thing I ever look for in the exhibition games