ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert/Joeckel perspective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272267)

keg in kc 04-19-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9603661)
The prevailing wisdom-not just at 1 Arrowhead Drive, but around the league, by GM's and coaches who are paid well do evaluate these things, is that Geno Smith is the best of a mediocre class of draft-able quarterbacks.

You can't actually say that with any kind of certainty for another six days.

HemiEd 04-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603806)
Yeah, who cares? The Chiefs have had four winning seasons out of the last thirteen and Arrowhead is still the loudest stadium in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

It is not the loudest any longer, and yeah, hopefully they can get to 10 and 6 so they can lose first round. If they don't get a QB now, they aren't getting one, period.

HemiEd 04-19-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603861)
Right. It's not important, whatsoever, to put a respectable product on the field.

:spock:

Gotta sell them tickets!!!!

duncan_idaho 04-19-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Right. It's not important, whatsoever, to put a respectable product on the field.

I can stomach being awful if trying to legitimately build a team that can win the Super Bowl, which requires finding an elite QB.

I can't stomach being mediocre if trying to build a team that is "competitive" but not elite (see: The 90s).

I mean, I'm sure glad the Chiefs ended up being respectable in 2011. So glad they managed to win 7 games that year. Worked OUT so much better for them than being god-awful like the Colts...

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9603868)
It is not the loudest any longer, and yeah, hopefully they can get to 10 and 6 so they can lose first round. If they don't get a QB now, they aren't getting one, period.

Dude, it was a joke.

Some of the people here just don't get it. The Chiefs have been a laughingstock. A complete joke. From the NFL Offices in NY to the players, agents, coaches, etc.

For the Chiefs to go from 2-14 to 10-6 would be amazing, especially since they've had four winning seasons out of the last thirteen.

I'm sorry if that wouldn't be good enough for you, but it would certainly makes hundreds of thousands of people happy, if not millions of Chiefs fans.

RealSNR 04-19-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

It's important to be confident in your team's direction and foreseeable future down the road.

That's what was missing when Pioli traded for Cassel. We all tried to justify by saying he was only there until another QB came along who was better. Well, those QBs came and went and we were still stuck with Matt Asshole after 4 years.

And here I am doing the same thing again. I don't mind that Reid went out and got Alex Smith. I WILL mind, however, if he's the leader still in charge of this team in a few years and he hasn't done much more than Cassel.

If that's what's going to happen with Alex Smith, I wish Reid and Dorsey would have let Bowe walk, traded away what veterans they could, and started completely the **** over again. Building a successful and winning franchise without a real QB is no ****ing way to build a team at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2013 01:27 PM

An NFL team being satisfied w/ Alex Smith as its QB is like a competitive golfer being happy with hitting a 230 yard cut off the tee. Why the hell do so many people settle for and aspire to mediocrity?

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9603874)
I can stomach being awful if trying to legitimately build a team that can win the Super Bowl, which requires finding an elite QB.

I can't stomach being mediocre if trying to build a team that is "competitive" but not elite (see: The 90s).

I mean, I'm sure glad the Chiefs ended up being respectable in 2011. So glad they managed to win 7 games that year. Worked OUT so much better for them than being god-awful like the Colts...

Oh, so the Carl and Marty didn't attempt to get the Chiefs into the Elite category?

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9603888)
An NFL team being satisfied w/ Alex Smith as its QB is like a competitive golfer being happy with hitting a 230 yard cut off the tee. Why the hell do so many people settle for and aspire to mediocrity?

Who says they're satisfied?

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9603887)
It's important to be confident in your team's direction and foreseeable future down the road.

That's what was missing when ***** traded for Cassel. We all tried to justify by saying he was only there until another QB came along who was better. Well, those QBs came and went and we were still stuck with Matt Asshole after 4 years.

And here I am doing the same thing again. I don't mind that Reid went out and got Alex Smith. I WILL mind, however, if he's the leader still in charge of this team in a few years and he hasn't done much more than Cassel.

If that's what's going to happen with Alex Smith, I wish Reid and Dorsey would have let Bowe walk, traded away what veterans they could, and started completely the **** over again. Building a successful and winning franchise without a real QB is no ****ing way to build a team at all.

You're projecting.

Why don't you just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride?

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603891)
Who says they're satisfied?

I'd say you could make a credible inference that they were given what they gave up to get him. It wasn't an "All-in" move, but they definitely made themselves pot-committed to him.

RealSNR 04-19-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603895)
You're projecting.

Why don't you just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride?

I'm projecting Alex Smith's chances of being the franchise guy this team has desperately needed since forever.

The odds of that happening are not in our favor. I think most Chiefs fans would agree about that when it comes to Alex Smith.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9603897)
I'd say you could make a credible inference that they were given what they gave up to get him. It wasn't an "All-in" move, but they definitely made themselves pot-committed to him.

So, what was their alternative? Kolb? Thigpen? Campbell?

It is absolutely imperative that they put a respectable team on the field in 2013, for many reasons. Do you really believe that any of the available QB's were capable of leading the team to a respectable record?

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603889)
Oh, so the Carl and Marty didn't attempt to get the Chiefs into the Elite category?

It's not a matter of trying. Every team wants to win. It's a matter of A) the level of effort and B) design of the blueprint. I think Hunt fails in category A) and Dorsey and Reid will fail B) because of their choice in signal caller.

HemiEd 04-19-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9603881)
Dude, it was a joke.

Some of the people here just don't get it. The Chiefs have been a laughingstock. A complete joke. From the NFL Offices in NY to the players, agents, coaches, etc.

For the Chiefs to go from 2-14 to 10-6 would be amazing, especially since they've had four winning seasons out of the last thirteen.

I'm sorry if that wouldn't be good enough for you, but it would certainly makes hundreds of thousands of people happy, if not millions of Chiefs fans.

That is exactly how I used to feel.

There record really doesn't matter to me anymore as long as they keep doing the same things over and over.

When I see them actually do something different than they have done for the last 30 years, then we will have something.