ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Upgrading the offensive line (...or not?) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321233)

Tribal Warfare 02-09-2019 07:31 PM

Khalil McKenzie may get his shot at the interior line in the near future. ****, he made the final 53

R Clark 02-09-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14099275)
Reiter and Wylie are trash

It’s a good thing breathing is natural, otherwise you’d be dead. Mahomes does need a little better protection , he made that line better than they are

petegz28 02-09-2019 07:59 PM

Reiter and Wylie are fine. Morse is soft, especially in the run. And he can't stay healthy.

Wilson8 02-09-2019 08:07 PM

Jimmy/James Murray has some promise. In the little 2017 Holy Cross video that is available, he looked like a man playing football against boys, but that was against lesser competition. In preseason I wanted to see more of him but he got hurt and we did not get to see that much of him. In his limited play he must have made enough of an impression that he made the practice squad. I am hoping that he really comes on during the offseason and we see him battling with Austin Reiter for the center position.

Wilson8 02-09-2019 08:19 PM

We need a lineman that can come in and play LT or RT if KC needs.

For 2018 Cam Erving was the backup at LT and Andrew Wylie was the backup at RT. Not sure how that would go but I don't want to see.

petegz28 02-09-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 14099526)
We need a lineman that can come in and play LT or RT if KC needs.

For 2018 Cam Erving was the backup at LT and Andrew Wylie was the backup at RT. Not sure how that would go but I don't want to see.

Erving could still be the backup at LT and Wylie the backup at RT...Wylie will not be starting so.....

CoMoChief 02-09-2019 08:24 PM

Depends on what they do w/ Morse. Personally I'd like to see the guy walk only because he can't stay healthy and he's 1 hit in the dome away from being scrambled eggs. But if they were to keep him, the interior line is set. It's depth at OT that I'm most worried about. Erving can play tackle, but not very well.

petegz28 02-09-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14099545)
Depends on what they do w/ Morse. Personally I'd like to see the guy walk only because he can't stay healthy and he's 1 hit in the dome away from being scrambled eggs. But if they were to keep him, the interior line is set. It's depth at OT that I'm most worried about. Erving can play tackle, but not very well.

They need to let him walk because he isn't worth the $.

dlphg9 02-09-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14099545)

I know its true and all, but this is said about him every year the last couple of years and every year he takes a hit to the dome. The guy needs to call it quits before he gets completely ****ed in the head. Maybe sign the biggest deal he can in the offseason and then just act like he cant play during the season and collect that check!

Coochie liquor 02-09-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14099301)
The players on the O line are either talented or theyre not. The O line coach isnt going to make too much of a difference. KC sure loves it scapegoats.

So looking back on the last 2 years you think our O line has been stellar? I’ve seen Pat running for his life for a good part of the year. Is that part of his game?? Sure, but he’d surely do event better with better protection. Scapegoat?? Yeah I guess our offensive line getting beat by the better teams in the league shouldn’t be too worrisome considering we have a once in a lifetime qb behind center. Let’s keep going with the same guy who hasn’t shown me that he can consistently push the line to the next level.

So are you saying we need to replace a good part of the line, because Andy ****ing Heck is doing an admirable job??

dannybcaitlyn 02-09-2019 10:32 PM

Dump Heck and try to steal New England’s o-line Coach Or pick up the Indy O-line coach. That’ll be a start. Heck has been able to develop players but the overall performance just hasn’t been good since he’s been here.

Buckweath 02-09-2019 11:17 PM

Yeah that Oline was so trash this year that they allowed their QB to throw 50 TD- 5000 yards, be MVP and were part of a historically good offense.

Get a clue.

They just need to keep investing in that Oline.

I would like a center in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Pitt Gorilla 02-09-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14099239)
Reiter will be the Center. He was damn good when Morse was out

He wasn’t good in pass pro.

petegz28 02-10-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14099769)
He wasn’t good in pass pro.

To be expected. Pass Pro is the hardest part of the O-line and he came in mid-season.....cut him some slack

T-post Tom 02-10-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 14099726)
Dump Heck and try to steal New England’s o-line Coach Or pick up the Indy O-line coach. That’ll be a start. Heck has been able to develop players but the overall performance just hasn’t been good since he’s been here.

I was expecting the Chiefs to make a run at DeGuglielmo. I'm surprised he hasn't found a job yet.