ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

DJ's left nut 02-06-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8353446)
If Daboll gets a presser it will be questions about his thoughts on Cassel
It either won't happen or "I haven't had to time see any of the tape yet...."

I'm actually expecting the "Matt Cassel didn't just forget how to win football games; he won a lot of games, made the Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs in 2010, blah blah blah" bullshit.

That was how Romeo handled it and this front-office has always been pretty good about making sure their minions stick to the script.

The script has been established - Matt Cassel didn't just forget how to win football games. Learn it, live it, repeat it at every possible opportunity.

talastan 02-06-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8353471)
I'm actually expecting the "Matt Cassel didn't just forget how to win football games; he won a lot of games, made the Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs in 2010, blah blah blah" bullshit.

That was how Romeo handled it and this front-office has always been pretty good about making sure their minions stick to the script.

The script has been established - Matt Cassel didn't just forget how to win football games. Learn it, live it, repeat it at every possible opportunity, or else Pioli will wiretap your phones.

FYP

HemiEd 02-06-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daboll
After meeting with Romeo, it was clear to me Kansas City was a good fit. I have a lot of respect for Romeo and a strong appreciation for the Kansas City Chiefs franchise.

translation: nobody else wanted my sorry ass, but I agreed to love Cassel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daboll
We had a very thorough process for this position and it was clear to me that Brian was the right choice. He was coveted by multiple teams and I am glad he will be joining our staff."

translation: he was the only one from the tree that would take the job and Pioli forced me to hire him.

the Talking Can 02-06-2012 01:26 PM

i really wouldn't give a shit about daboll if I didn't think his hiring was largely about keeping cassel...

Deberg_1990 02-06-2012 01:28 PM

So does Crennel pass the head coaching reigns over to Daboll in a few years after the Chiefs win a championship?

Frankie 02-06-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8353499)
So does Crennel pass the head coaching reigns over to Daboll in a few years after the Chiefs win a championship?

Moot question.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8353490)
i really wouldn't give a shit about daboll if I didn't think his hiring was largely about keeping cassel...

That's about where I am...I guess.

His resume is dogshit, but I can at least recognize that if he had that very same resume, except that he coached under McCarthy and with Aaron Rodgers at GB before failing elsewhere, that I'd be a lot more excited about the hire.

I hate this hire because it was simply made for the wrong reasons and to protect this horseshit organizations sacred cow.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-06-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

same here.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2012 01:42 PM

March 13th can't come soon enough...

talastan 02-06-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8353538)

Don't get too excited, unless you're ready for a FA O-linemen. Gotta protect the Cassel....:Lin:

mcaj22 02-06-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

is that when Daboll's contract is up?

gonefishin53 02-06-2012 02:00 PM

I could see multiple college teams being interested in Daboll for OC. Pro? No one admitting it publicly that I know of.

If Daboll could get Stanzi (Pioli's draft pick QB) looking like a credible candidate for starting QB by pre-season, he'll gain a lot of support for HCOTF and save Pioli's job. Big opportunity if Daboll can develope Stanzi quickly and make Cassel an overpaid backup.

Phobia 02-06-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 8353583)
I could see multiple college teams being interested in Daboll for OC. Pro? No one admitting it publicly that I know of.

Despite social media and what beat writers would lead you to believe, NFL staffers don't tweet every single coaching interview they do. Some of these things are kept under wraps so they don't alienate existing staff or other deals that may be in the works.

Discuss Thrower 02-06-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

You really that excited to see Dwayne Bowe in New England next season?

FringeNC 02-06-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Yep. Daboll seems fine to me. I'll be shocked if Pioli actually does bring in competition for Cassel. If he brings in Orton or someone likely to be released like Chad Henne, those guys will beat out Cassel in any fair competition. I'm guessing Pioli brings in pure crap like Derek Anderson or Jake Delhomme as a veteran presence to compete with Cassel.