ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hippy Medicine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199466)

Iowanian 12-30-2008 09:41 PM

Hippy Medicine

I'm sure some of you are into alternative medicine/healing stuff.

Frankly, I've never bought into a lot of it, but I think some of it has merrit.
I've had a chiropractor hand me sandwich bags of seeds and whatnot to make "teas" for different ailments before, and never followed through with his suggestions, because a cup of oats and dandilions didn't look too appealing.

Now, I kind of need to look to some of these things for reasons I don't want to get into very deeply.

Anway. To start the conversation/advice.....I'd like to know informed opinions on "cleansing" products.(not urine for a drug test....intestines)

Deberg_1990 12-30-2008 09:44 PM

This sounds like another weed thread??

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2008 09:44 PM

Draino.

(obligatory smart-ass response)

Hope you and the fam are ok.

Over-Head 12-30-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 5342526)
Drano.

ROFL

LOCOChief 12-30-2008 09:48 PM

OPC Xtra

OnTheWarpath15 12-30-2008 09:48 PM

Oxy Powder. Look it up.

I have no personal experience, but know of several people that swear by it.

Chief Wiggum 12-30-2008 09:51 PM

I'm not one for the hippy medicine either - prune juice can't take care of it?

Chief Wiggum 12-30-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 5342562)
I'm not one for the hippy medicine either - prune juice can't take care of it?

My first post in months and it's to help Iowanian pass something...

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 5342566)
My first post in months and it's to help Iowanian pass something...

congratulations

Skip Towne 12-30-2008 09:56 PM

Put an aspirin in a coke. It will get you drunk.

petegz28 12-30-2008 10:02 PM

Milkthistle and beets for liver, cranberry juice for kidneys, fiber and chayenne pepper (spelling) for bowels. And tons of water...tons and tons of water. Also look up lymphatic mover tea. Your lymphatic system is an important part of cleansing.

Thos are some basics anyway. But as with any natural, it takes a lot of use over time. It will not work instantly like a drug.

Iowanian 12-30-2008 10:02 PM

I knew this was going to bring out the wisenheimers, and I admittedly expected and deserve it.

For those with serious answers(no antifreeze yet?) please tell a little about the product and in very general terms what to expect.

Is it pills, alot of them/day...harsh on the stomach? Liquid, drink a gallon and expect a 1 day shit attack? Stay at the house for a day or a week or proceed as per usual?

petegz28 12-30-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5342597)
I knew this was going to bring out the wisenheimers, and I admittedly expected and deserve it.

For those with serious answers(no antifreeze yet?) please tell a little about the product and in very general terms what to expect.

Is it pills, alot of them/day...harsh on the stomach? Liquid, drink a gallon and expect a 1 day shit attack? Stay at the house for a day or a week or proceed as per usual?

If you want a regimen, go to Whole Foods and get a dtox pack. But from what I have found, it takes a good couple months to really clean you out good like.

Milkthistle you can get in pill form, take it about 20 min before you eat. Get some natural fiber and mix it up with a little cayenne pepper. Also eat some leafy greens a lot. And again, tons of water. If you like beets they are also great for your liver.

Iowanian 12-30-2008 10:09 PM

If cayenne pepper is the hot stuff....its not an option.

I'm not looking to go "berkley" here....just help with an issue, but I do appreciate the advice and effort.

NewChief 12-30-2008 10:10 PM

http://www.publichealthforums.com/r-...l-reviews.html