ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So who are the goats on our offensive line and how do we fix it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276328)

RealSNR 09-16-2013 11:17 AM

So who are the goats on our offensive line and how do we fix it?

And no, I don't mean the acronym for "Greatest Of All Time".

If you ask me, Branden Albert was the only one yesterday playing what Romeo would call good football. The difference in line play between when Albert was on the field and when Stephenson was filling in for him was night and day, and that's just at one position.

Fisher's problems have been noted by other people. He's still getting held upright in unbalanced stances half the time, which makes him pretty easy to push back into the pocket. Only thing I imagine we can do there is hope he figures shit out as the season goes on. Perhaps even look to next offseason as a time when he can really get this bullshit out of his system for good.

In the middle, though, I have no clue what the hell is up. All I know is yesterday the DTs for Dallas allowed no pocket formation of any kind. I can probably count on one hand the number of times Smith had more than 2 seconds to survey the field, step up, and make a throw. Our passing game flourished the most when we rolled him out, or he escaped the collapsed pocket and improvised. God, I never thought I'd hear myself say that about Alex Smith. Weird.

Hudson's hit or miss. I just get the feeling he's not the right type of center to play in the NFL. Never has been. Allen's just meh. Asamoah, like Hudson, is hit or miss, and the mistakes he makes sometimes are inexcusable for the expectations we placed on him as a future starter. He's been doing this for much longer than Hudson or Allen, so he should be a significant notch above them in play, but he's not.

So let's hear your theories. Some of you offensive line junkies (I'm looking at you, milkman) should feel free to diagnose exactly what's wrong with these guys instead of my casual observations of "Hudson sometimes doesn't do a very good job."

Also, with the problems we have going for us right now on the line, I'm beginning to think we need Albert longterm. We probably can't afford him, and we probably won't keep him, but we still need him. If an anchor like him drops out next year, our line's gonna be ****ed pretty hard.

RealSNR 09-16-2013 11:18 AM

Also, in before "DRAFT A GUARD IN THE 1ST ROUND"

Bootlegged 09-16-2013 11:18 AM

Schwartz to RG, Asomoah to LG, (should happen but can't given 1.1 selection) Stephenson to RT.

O.city 09-16-2013 11:20 AM

I think it just needs time.

hometeam 09-16-2013 11:21 AM

Fisher was getting owned on bull rush yesterday. Line coach needs to spend quality time with him and work on getting leverage right.

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9983929)

Yep. None of us expected a 2-0 start.

They really need to get their shit in order before they get Smith killed.

Mav 09-16-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9983929)

Im here. O lines take time to gel......

It will be fine.

petegz28 09-16-2013 11:28 AM

I've never been high on Hudson. Asamoah is turning out to be a bust. I think our line is better with Schwartz in there.

Red Gorilla 09-16-2013 11:29 AM

Anyone remember Albert's second game in his career against Atlanta?

It takes some time.

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2013 11:31 AM

Takes time, and each OL has been responsible for ****ing the sheep on any given breakdown.

That said, they need more quick-hitters up the A gaps instead of all these slow developing counters and traps... especially when it is clear that the front 7 is getting consistent penetration in the backfield. The quick-hitters would have helped neutralize the front 4 pinning their ears back on the pass rush.

ChiefsCountry 09-16-2013 11:32 AM

3 years away. We need to draft 3 more first round lineman.

the Talking Can 09-16-2013 11:32 AM

Albert - Chiefs fans favorite whipping boy - is sooo far and away our best OL it is worrying

he seems like the only one willing to lay it on the line...everyone else seems -gasp- soft...

RealSNR 09-16-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gorilla (Post 9983957)
Anyone remember Albert's second game in his career against Atlanta?

It takes some time.

That's the thing. Asamoah and Hudson have HAD time. They don't have to be Pro Bowlers, but they should be better than this.

Red Gorilla 09-16-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9983968)
3 years away. We need to draft 3 more first round lineman.

I know you are being sarcastic but, you are probably right. Dorsey and Reid have both said it'll be three years before we are in the hunt and I doubt Albert, Hudson, and Allen will be starting for us in three years.

BigMeatballDave 09-16-2013 11:35 AM

Asamoah has regressed.