ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   They Just Showed Andre "Bad Check" Rison on SpikeTV! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157320)

Simplex3 01-25-2007 08:15 PM

They Just Showed Andre "Bad Check" Rison on SpikeTV!

He's at the UFC Fight Night. Looks like he's on Pros vs. Joes.

Easy 6 01-25-2007 08:35 PM

I always liked Andre, he was always pretty wild, but not in a thug kinda way...he reminded me of old friends i've had.

The guy produced wherever he went, you never heard the "well its a different system" excuse from him, he just got open & caught passes on every team he played for.

If i'm not mistaken, he caught the longest pass in :arrow: history from Grbac, always liked the guy.

KurtCobain 01-25-2007 08:43 PM

He was a great wideout imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-25-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
I always liked Andre, he was always pretty wild, but not in a thug kinda way...he reminded me of old friends i've had.

The guy produced wherever he went, you never heard the "well its a different system" excuse from him, he just got open & caught passes on every team he played for.

If i'm not mistaken, he caught the longest pass in :arrow: history from Grbac, always liked the guy.

That would be Boerigter from Trent Green in 2002 vs. SD

Simply Red 01-25-2007 08:48 PM

Not to name drop, but he is one of the handful of atheletes I've met here in Atlanta. Kinda quiet when you designate his attention with a question or two.

Easy 6 01-25-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
That would be Boerigter from Trent Green in 2002 vs. SD

:doh!:

Deberg_1990 01-25-2007 09:23 PM

Dude had great hands....i wish we had a reciever like him now.....

Sully 01-25-2007 09:25 PM

It's funny how soon we forget.

Rison dropped as many passes as Parker. He never caught the ball with his hands... he caught balls in his gut. He also was rarely ever able to run after the pass because no matter how high or low the pass was, he would jump to catch it, using his legs to help cradle the ball in his gut.

Easy 6 01-25-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
It's funny how soon we forget.

Rison dropped as many passes as Parker. He never caught the ball with his hands... he caught balls in his gut. He also was rarely ever able to run after the pass because no matter how high or low the pass was, he would jump to catch it, using his legs to help cradle the ball in his gut.

Bad Moon = Parker???

Get real Sully, he had GREAT hands, he's atleast in the top 20 of All-Time.

How about the bomb that he totally stretched out for in the Super Bowl???

Sully 01-25-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Bad Moon = Parker???

Get real Sully, he had GREAT hands, he's atleast in the top 20 of All-Time.

How about the bomb that he totally stretched out for in the Super Bowl???

Before the Chiefs.
When he was with the Chiefs, he was not nearly what he was before.

Easy 6 01-25-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
Before the Chiefs.
When he was with the Chiefs, he was not nearly what he was before.

I agree that he had slipped, but he could stil make plays. The guy actually made Elvis look good a lot of times & that MUST have been hard to do.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2007 09:55 PM

Its hard to beleive we had Rison, Derrick Alexander, and Joe Horn all together in 98-99....

Our passing game should have been deadly...

ChiefaRoo 01-25-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

I agree that he had slipped, but he could stil make plays. The guy actually made Elvis look good a lot of times & that MUST have been hard to do.

He had two very good seasons with KC before he trailed off. He's a punk though.

ChiefFan31 01-25-2007 11:37 PM

I liked that guy in 1997. It really is amazing when you think about it over the years how we have about zero WR tradition in this franchise.

Other than that, whatever. Suprised he aint flippin burgers

88TG88 01-25-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFan31

Other than that, whatever. Suprised he aint flippin burgers

why would he ? he was pretty good in the NFL hes made at least 50 mill in his palying career and i dont think he's pissed it all away