ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

BigBeauford 05-06-2013 07:52 AM

This story literally confirms what all the pessimists have been complaining about. This organization is content with filling the seats and nothing more.

Rasputin 05-06-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9661144)
when?

never.

That is what I am afraid of.

:(

New World Order 05-06-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661141)
This team won 2 games last year. 6 win improvement.

-True Fan

Direckshun 05-06-2013 07:53 AM

I'm pretty sure this is evidence that Reid and Dorsey do not believe Smith is The Guy.

It certainly begs the question of who the guy will be in the future. My guess is we trade up for him in 2014.

DeezNutz 05-06-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661135)
yes, we now have an actual means of valuing Clark's aspirations...

a backup QB and an 8-8 record...that's worth 2 seconds

Yep. It's explicit. No longer do we need to speculate.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9661145)
Dude chill.

First, we don't even know if this info is true. From a practical standpoint if we go 8-8 the pick will be around 17-19 not a high round pick.

from a practical standpoint, we supposedly believe in building through the draft, but gave up 2 seconds for going 8-8 with a stop gap QB....there's no spin for this

at least if it was contingent on a playoff appearance you could rationalize it...8-8?

ROFL

New World Order 05-06-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9661151)
I'm pretty sure this is evidence that Reid and Dorsey do not believe Smith is The Guy.

It certainly begs the question of who the guy will be in the future. My guess is we trade up for him in 2014.

Why are we giving up 2 picks for him?

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

actually it begs the question of why you'd trade 2 seconds for someone who isn't 'the guy'...

the more you think about it, the more painfully ****ing stupid it is

and just because I'm that guy:

trading for RG3..risky

trading multiple picks for 8-8...smart.../chiefs fans

KCUnited 05-06-2013 07:55 AM

Be fun to watch league best Oline play again.

Rasputin 05-06-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

They gave up a second round this year and have expectations to at least go 8-8 with Alex Smith this year to warrant him to be our starting quarterback for next several years to come barring injuries.

Injuries maybe our best hope to force the Chiefs to do something different than Alex Smith. I'm betting they will stick with him as long as they can. They look at 8 wins as an "improvement". It's not an improvement when we went the playoffs with basically the same team in 2010.

Bewbies 05-06-2013 07:57 AM

8-8

http://i.imgur.com/cxM5gKA.gif

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 07:58 AM

i'm going to wake up from this nightmare

Dave Lane 05-06-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661139)
when is the first time anyone cared about going 8-8?

Every year

/truefans

Chiefshrink 05-06-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661155)
from a practical standpoint, we supposedly believe in building through the draft, but gave up 2 seconds for going 8-8 with a stop gap QB....there's no spin for this

at least if it was contingent on a playoff appearance you could rationalize it...8-8?

ROFL

I thoroughly get your point. But we had no leverage whatsoever because there were other teams that wanted AS just as bad so we did and we had to drop our pants even further. Especially since we had no legit NFL QB on the roster and the 9ers knew it and bent us over. Dorsey would have done the same if we were in their shoes. Fallout is on Pioli not Dorsey/Reid for hanging his hat on Cassel and leaving us with sh** at QB plain and simple.

Discuss Thrower 05-06-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9661115)
I have a hard time believing we had to give up this much to pry Alex Smith from the 49'ers.

Dorsey got defensive in a pressed when someone brought up the trade compensation. He knows he got the okie-doke from the 9ers.