ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Buck 04-03-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516556)
GI is irrelevant in normal functioning adults. Even if insulin is raised high at a certain point during the day, if calories remain low thereafter, so will insulin, as fat is oxidized for energy needs.

So, if you eat 1600 calories worth of candy and that's all you eat that day, it will provide the same amount of energy as 4 400 calorie meals of protein spaced out through the day, despite the candy skyrocketing insulin at one point in the day.

Everything I've read on insulin in the past 3 months disagrees with this statement.

I won't say that you're wrong, but based on my understanding this isn't true.

Silock 04-03-2012 11:21 PM

Well, why don't you tell me what you know about its functioning and I'll tell you where the misunderstanding is.

Buck 04-03-2012 11:24 PM

This paragraph sums it up quite nicely.

"Increases in insulin are most highly stimulated by the consumption of starches and sugars, especially the consumption of refined starches and sugars. Eating carbohydrates increases insulin which in turn encourages storage of energy as fat rather than making the food energy available to the body to burn. The more highly refined the carbohydrate, the more its consumption stimulates insulin levels. By causing fat storage instead of making energy available for immediate use of the body, refined carbohydrates result in hunger."

http://ruth-wilson-zamierowski.suite...re-fat-a140987

morphius 04-03-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516572)
This paragraph sums it up quite nicely.

"Increases in insulin are most highly stimulated by the consumption of starches and sugars, especially the consumption of refined starches and sugars. Eating carbohydrates increases insulin which in turn encourages storage of energy as fat rather than making the food energy available to the body to burn. The more highly refined the carbohydrate, the more its consumption stimulates insulin levels. By causing fat storage instead of making energy available for immediate use of the body, refined carbohydrates result in hunger."

http://ruth-wilson-zamierowski.suite...re-fat-a140987

I could find a bunch of reports saying that carbs are needed by athletes, so a lot comes down to lifestyle.

Buck 04-03-2012 11:28 PM

Insulin is one of the most important aspects of your body that a Ketogenic diet focuses on. It is a hormone secreted by the pancreas that regulates the metabolism of fat and carbs, specifically in the blood. Its main job is to regulate the distribution of energy to the cells of the body from fat storage. Its other job is to regulate blood sugar by producing lipoproteins (or fat proteins) that act as a bailiff for your blood stream and imprison the fat cell into your body once the glucose has been converted to fat. As you eat sugar, the body must produce more insulin to keep up with ramped levels of sugar in the body and eventually your body begins to resist insulin. When you eat less carbs, less insulin is required to patrol your bloodstream and regulate your sugar. This means, simply, less fat storage as a result.

Here's something else. I don't know who wrote these and if they are actually right or not, but I've never read anything that said insulin is not involved in the storage of fat.

Buck 04-03-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8516575)
I could find a bunch of reports saying that carbs are needed by athletes, so a lot comes down to lifestyle.

Sure.

I'm debating whether eating 1600 calories of chicken is the same as eating 1600 calories of candy.

Not the same thing. You won't find an athlete whose diet consists of just candy because they'll lose muscle without protein and using just sugar as fuel is stupid.

Silock 04-03-2012 11:32 PM

And? That doesn't contradict anything I said. Yes, insulin will cause you to store carbs as fat in the event of an excess of blood sugar (although, it does a LOT more than just that... Insulin is an incredible hormone and we still don't know everything about it. It's a storage hormone and an action hormone. It's also incredibly important in muscle building).

But read what I said again. Yes, insulin will spike. It will store the energy as fat. But, when the calories remain low for the rest of the day, insulin remains low and the fat that got stored will be burned off to cover energy needs.

There are many studies with 24 hour calorimeters that show this to be true.

Silock 04-03-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516576)
Insulin is one of the most important aspects of your body that a Ketogenic diet focuses on. It is a hormone secreted by the pancreas that regulates the metabolism of fat and carbs, specifically in the blood. Its main job is to regulate the distribution of energy to the cells of the body from fat storage. Its other job is to regulate blood sugar by producing lipoproteins (or fat proteins) that act as a bailiff for your blood stream and imprison the fat cell into your body once the glucose has been converted to fat. As you eat sugar, the body must produce more insulin to keep up with ramped levels of sugar in the body and eventually your body begins to resist insulin. When you eat less carbs, less insulin is required to patrol your bloodstream and regulate your sugar. This means, simply, less fat storage as a result.

Here's something else. I don't know who wrote these and if they are actually right or not, but I've never read anything that said insulin is not involved in the storage of fat.

No one ever said that it wasn't.

Also, insulin resistance is real, but there are many things that affect it. It's not just diet. Exercise plays a huge role. And you will never eliminate insulin from your body. Well, not unless you are dead.

But insulin spikes aren't necessarily a bad thing. Like I said, large amounts of protein can provide the same kinds of insulin spikes that sugars cause. Your body has to do something with the food you ingested, and insulin is the driver of the bus.

Omaha 04-03-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8516061)
Mother-in-law sent a bag of jelly beans to my boys for Easter. I took one for the team and ate most of the bag, so my kids wouldn't have to suffer the consequences of all that sugar. Dad of the year!

That is badass!

Simply Red 04-03-2012 11:37 PM

i'm not going to lie, I want some sugar right ****ing now. This does suck.

Silock 04-03-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516579)
Sure.

I'm debating whether eating 1600 calories of chicken is the same as eating 1600 calories of candy.

Not the same thing. You won't find an athlete whose diet consists of just candy because they'll lose muscle without protein and using just sugar as fuel is stupid.

We aren't talking about that. We are talking simply about energy. That's all I've ever been talking about. Nutritional content is different, but it has little to do with the kinds of energy surpluses that make you fat.

Edit: also, explain your statement that using sugar for fuel is stupid. Sugar is energy. That's what it does. That's what everything the breaks down into sugars does, and the things that break down into sugars are lots more things than just what we traditionally think of as sugar.

morphius 04-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Sure.

but you have also debated that we should give up all sugars.

Omaha 04-03-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8516394)
Who warped your mind into thinking like this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516315)
Silock, I'm willing to bet that maybe about 2-3% of all the people on here are as fit as you. Maybe 5% max. If I ate a cup of ice cream a day I would be ****ed.

Yeah. This is not smart.

Omaha 04-03-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 8516429)
There are different body types, people... jesus. One size doesn't fit all. Some people have to overcome genetics to be lean.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3d.jpg

Meh, diet is usually the problem.

Lumpy 04-03-2012 11:54 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going strong. LMAO

DERP!

/grabs bag of Peanut M&M's

Buck 04-03-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8516592)
but you have also debated that we should give up all sugars.

I have never done that.

Buck 04-03-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516591)
We aren't talking about that. We are talking simply about energy. That's all I've ever been talking about. Nutritional content is different, but it has little to do with the kinds of energy surpluses that make you fat.

Edit: also, explain your statement that using sugar for fuel is stupid. Sugar is energy. That's what it does. That's what everything the breaks down into sugars does, and the things that break down into sugars are lots more things than just what we traditionally think of as sugar.

If it's not stupid then why don't more people do it? Sugar is cheap? You'd think that somebody would have outlined and all sugar diet now that saved you money and got you fit.

-King- 04-04-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516608)
If it's not stupid then why don't more people do it? Sugar is cheap? You'd think that somebody would have outlined and all sugar diet now that saved you money and got you fit.

Jesus Christ. You have to be trolling.

Buck 04-04-2012 12:04 AM

This is so stupid. Why are you arguing against me. An all sugar diet is going to result in storage of fat and loss of lean muscle and that's a fact.

I'd like this thread to get back on topic if possible.

Silock 04-04-2012 12:05 AM

People use sugar for fuel all the time. You said "just sugar for fuel is stupid." What were you talking about? Fuel for sports? Or for an entire day's worth of calories and nothing else on a permanent basis?

-King- 04-04-2012 12:06 AM

The word "moderation" has been said 33 times in this thread. Are you just skipping over that part or... WTF?

Bump 04-04-2012 12:06 AM

Those choco chip cookie i just had were bomb

Silock 04-04-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516615)
This is so stupid. Why are you arguing against me. An all sugar diet is going to result in storage of fat and loss of lean muscle and that's a fact.

Bullshit it's a fact. You have provided no parameters on caloric intake and thus far displayed an astounding lack of knowledge about how insulin works.

Buck 04-04-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516616)
People use sugar for fuel all the time. You said "just sugar for fuel is stupid." What were you talking about? Fuel for sports? Or for an entire day's worth of calories and nothing else on a permanent basis?

Nothing else. That's what we've been arguing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516619)
Bullshit it's a fact. You have provided no parameters on caloric intake and thus far displayed an astounding lack of knowledge about how insulin works.

Are you telling me that you won't lose lean muscle if you don't eat enough protein? That's just stupid.

Simply Red 04-04-2012 12:14 AM

i'm holding it to a minimum for now, breads, etc. I'm watching my sugar intake because of a lot of prior abuse.

Omaha 04-04-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8516627)
i'm holding it to a minimum for now, breads, etc. I'm watching my sugar intake because of a lot of prior abuse.

SR, have you looked at Paleo? It has worked well for me.

Silock 04-04-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516621)
Nothing else. That's what we've been arguing.

Again, it's not stupid so much as its simply unsustainable.

Quote:

Are you telling me that you won't lose lean muscle if you don't eat enough protein? That's just stupid.
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that. You did.

You are the one that provided the dual nature of the argument in the accrueing of fat AND loss of muscle. That duality is what I'm refuting.

I guarantee you that if you spent two weeks eating only 800 calories worth of whatever sugar you choose, not only would you lose body fat, but if you did four days a week of full-body resistance training, your muscle loss would be so minimal, you wouldn't even notice.

Also, lean muscle is a funny term. Show me fat muscle.

Simply Red 04-04-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8516633)
SR, have you looked at Paleo? It has worked well for me.

Yes sir, my girlfriend is a follower to a tee.

SPchief 04-04-2012 12:28 AM

Drinking a beer and getting ready to eat a piece of cheesecake. It's a routine for me. Somehow I'm not overweight.

Buck 04-04-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516634)
Again, it's not stupid so much as its simply unsustainable.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that. You did.

You are the one that provided the dual nature of the argument in the accrueing of fat AND loss of muscle. That duality is what I'm refuting.

I guarantee you that if you spent two weeks eating only 800 calories worth of whatever sugar you choose, not only would you lose body fat, but if you did four days a week of full-body resistance training, your muscle loss would be so minimal, you wouldn't even notice.

Also, lean muscle is a funny term. Show me fat muscle.

I said you would gain fat and lose muscle and that was a fact. You called my fact bullshit. Then I called your bullshit as BS itself.

That is putting words in your mouth? OK.

I'm ****ing done arguing. This is stupid.

Lumpy 04-04-2012 12:33 AM

I'm beginning to think that diet talk is up there w/ religious and political discussions.

Silock 04-04-2012 12:35 AM

I said it was bullshit because BOTH of those outcomes are not automatic. You put words into my mouth when you ignored the first part of your statement, which is what I had the main beef with, and then added words to the second part, which is what you then focused on.

Look, I wouldn't normally be so hostile, but I don't feel like you are really interested in learning what people are trying to teach you. You are more interested in defending your original premise than listening and learning honest facts.

007 04-04-2012 12:37 AM

It's Easter week. Lets all have some jelly beans now.

Lumpy 04-04-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8516651)
It's Easter week. Lets all have some jelly beans now.

Don't forget Cadbury Eggs. :drool:

007 04-04-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8516665)
Don't forget Cadbury Eggs. :drool:

cut a few heads off some peeps too.

SPchief 04-04-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8516651)
It's Easter week. .

Is that why everyone has been eating fish the last 2 months? To replica the what the jewish or Jesus or some holy god giving himself up for? Lets get this to DC. Does fish have sugar in it?

Lumpy 04-04-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8516669)
cut a few heads off some peeps too.

Or microwave them. :D

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaBmyKdyTdA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaBmyKdyTdA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Epic Fail 007 04-04-2012 01:17 AM

All this yet some true is just the government trying to scare the public. All the over obsession with health began when obama got in office period. When obama himself smokes complete bs!

Rausch 04-04-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8516673)
All this yet some true is just the government trying to scare the public. All the over obsession with health began when obama got in office period. When obama himself smokes complete bs!

Serious?...

http://www.sanitaryum.com/wp-content...erious-cat.jpg

007 04-04-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8516672)
Or microwave them. :D

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaBmyKdyTdA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaBmyKdyTdA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Now we're talkin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPchief 04-04-2012 02:17 AM

Just got laid and smoked a cig. Followed it up with drinking another beer(which has both carbs and sugar) now off to eat a powerbar and head to bed.

007 04-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8516679)
Just got laid and smoked a cig. Followed it up with drinking another beer(which has both carbs and sugar) now off to eat a powerbar and head to bed.

trifecta

jspchief 04-04-2012 02:48 AM

I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe its been covered, but....

What the hell does a diet without sugar look like? I mean, I get cutting out pop and candy, etc. But everything has sugar in it anymore.

DaKCMan AP 04-04-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8516684)
I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe its been covered, but....

What the hell does a diet without sugar look like? I mean, I get cutting out pop and candy, etc. But everything has sugar in it anymore.

Who is suggesting a diet without sugar?

Mr. Flopnuts 04-04-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8516647)
I'm beginning to think that diet talk is up there w/ religious and political discussions.

I'm about to change the forum name to Washington DC/The Holy Land and The diet forum

DaKCMan AP 04-04-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8516647)

Diets are stupid. Lifestyles are Awesome.

jspchief 04-04-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8516692)
Who is suggesting a diet without sugar?

The thread title?
/shrug

DaKCMan AP 04-04-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8516712)
The thread title?
/shrug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck
Stop Eating Sugar
Added sugar in particular. Most fruit is okay.

Please watch this.

/shrug

htismaqe 04-04-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Sure.

A normal person can't eat 1600 calories of chicken in one sitting. I already explained it to you. I think your head is made of rock candy.

morphius 04-04-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8516710)
Diets are stupid. Lifestyles are Awesome.

That doesn't even make sense as diet defines what you always eat as well as what you eat to lose weight. So we can talk about out "lifestyle" diet without talking about dieting. Buck made a diet change to stop eating sugar that has worked from him, but at what point do you consider it a lifestyle versus a diet? Or is it a diet that is his diet?

Sometimes English is thought out. (like silent ght, really?)

DaKCMan AP 04-04-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8516746)
That doesn't even make sense as diet defines what you always eat as well as what you eat to lose weight. So we can talk about out "lifestyle" diet without talking about dieting. Buck made a diet change to stop eating sugar that has worked from him, but at what point do you consider it a lifestyle versus a diet? Or is it a diet that is his diet?

Sometimes English is thought out. (like silent ght, really?)

Verb vs. Noun.

I should have stated it "Dieting is stupid. Lifestyles are Awesome." to better reflect the meaning of 'diet'.

htismaqe 04-04-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8516753)
Verb vs. Noun.

I should have stated it "Dieting is stupid. Lifestyles are Awesome." to better reflect the meaning of 'diet'.

Awesome.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-04-2012 07:29 AM

Sugar is da debil

Buck 04-04-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8516725)
A normal person can't eat 1600 calories of chicken in one sitting. I already explained it to you. I think your head is made of rock candy.

I never said that.

Jesus Christ. Words have been put into my mouth this whole ****ing thread.

I'm out.

I won't ever share my personal beliefs again.

htismaqe 04-04-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516812)
I never said that.

I'm out.

Perhaps you should eat more pure cane sugar. I hear it helps with developing thicker skin.

Saulbadguy 04-04-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8516820)
Perhaps you should eat more pure cane sugar. I hear it helps with developing thicker skin.

That's molasses.

htismaqe 04-04-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8516821)
That's molasses.

MMMMMM....molasses...

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/ui...apMolasses.jpg

Aspengc8 04-04-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516615)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516642)
I said you would gain fat and lose muscle and that was a fact. You called my fact bullshit. Then I called your bullshit as BS itself.

That is putting words in your mouth? OK.

I'm ****ing done arguing. This is stupid.

You sir, are severely misinformed on basic nutrition principles. Saying it all boils down to the basic law of thermodynamics may be a gross oversimplification, but your not going to gain fat AND lose muscle at the say time. Caloric surplus is required if you want to gain ANYTHING. Yes, insulin plays a major role, however at the end of the day, surplus or deficit is KING when it comes to losing or gaining.

Might want to check out some books, maybe Good Calorie Bad Calorie by Gary Taubes would be a good start..

-King- 04-04-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

I never said that.

I'm out.

Seems like this was a "Im right, you're wrong" thread from the beginning.

At the end of the day, sugar isn't bad for you and calories in vs. Calories out matters way more than most other nutrition principles.
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8516953)
Seems like this was a "Im right, you're wrong" thread from the beginning.

At the end of the day, sugar isn't bad for you and calories in vs. Calories out matters way more than most other nutrition principles.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is just completely incorrect but have neither the time or inclination to want to start down this road. Suffice to say I have zero artificial sweetners I am aware of in my diet and I do eat sugar in limited quantities.

Brock 04-04-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

I never said that.

I'm out.

You're a girl.

Dayze 04-04-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

I never said that.

I'm out.

your mom goes to college.

RealSNR 04-04-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8517019)
your mom goes to college.

To get more knowledge!

Ooohhhh sick burn. UP TOP!

Dayze 04-04-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8517116)
To get more knowledge!

Ooohhhh sick burn. UP TOP!

High Five.
http://crujonessociety.com/wordpress...-high-five.jpg

L.A. Chieffan 04-04-2012 11:12 AM

I've been on an all sugar, low fat diet since new years and ive lost 37lbs and counting.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2012 11:30 AM

My biggest bitch about sugar is that diabetes is already a huge problem in this country and people still give ungodly amounts of it to their kids. My boy has already received enough sugary crap from his little girlfriends for Easter to last 6 months and Easter isn’t even here yet. He will get a small percentage of that and I will toss the rest. Fortunately he has not really developed a taste for sugar as he rarely has it but I can see this being harder to control as he gets older.

teedubya 04-04-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8516705)
I'm about to change the forum name to Washington DC/The Holy Land and The diet forum

OR... people can click "Thread Tools" and ignore thread! Amazing!! ROFL

htismaqe 04-04-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8517407)
My biggest bitch about sugar is that diabetes is already a huge problem in this country and people still give ungodly amounts of it to their kids. My boy has already received enough sugary crap from his little girlfriends for Easter to last 6 months and Easter isn’t even here yet. He will get a small percentage of that and I will toss the rest. Fortunately he has not really developed a taste for sugar as he rarely has it but I can see this being harder to control as he gets older.

Yeah, especially because they put it (or worse, artificial sweeteners) in literally everything.

As your control over what he consumes wanes, you'll have to rely on him making good decisions. We all know how many good decisions teenagers make.

-King- 04-04-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8516980)
This is just completely incorrect but have neither the time or inclination to want to start down this road. Suffice to say I have zero artificial sweetners I am aware of in my diet and I do eat sugar in limited quantities.

How exactly is sugar bad for you?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP 04-04-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8517444)
Yeah, especially because they put it (or worse, artificial sweeteners) in literally everything.

As your control over what he consumes wanes, you'll have to rely on him making good decisions. We all know how many good decisions teenagers make.

I decided to give up soda as a teenager and I know several people who decided to be vegetarians as teenagers (opinion may vary on whether or not this is a 'good' decision).

If you grow up eating a multitude of fruits & vegetables you're more likely to continue eating them as an adult. When I was a kid through growing up I used to always answer the "What is your favorite food?" question with "Fruits and vegetables."

htismaqe 04-04-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8517480)
I decided to give up soda as a teenager and I know several people who decided to be vegetarians as teenagers (opinion may vary on whether or not this is a 'good' decision).

If you grow up eating a multitude of fruits & vegetables you're more likely to continue eating them as an adult. When I was a kid through growing up I used to always answer the "What is your favorite food?" question with "Fruits and vegetables."

Did you grow up in Florida you ****ing hippy?

:)

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8515781)
Go eat nothing but 2000 calories of table sugar a day and come back here in a month and let me know how you are feeling.

LOL you'd starve to death.

Silock 04-04-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8517471)
How exactly is sugar bad for you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm still not understanding this.

Every carbohydrate you consume is broken down into sugar for energy.

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8515909)
Doesn't mean they're in shape or healthy.

Yes, but they are not fat. Higher metabolism. Genetics.

I've been big my entire life. Its a constant struggle.

Yet I'm in good health. Normal BP, cholesterol, and sugar.

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8515945)
You know what, **** it, go eat all the excess sugar, I don't ****ing care anymore. Try to help and turns out I'm the asshole.

You're not an asshole. If this worked for you, great! Well done.

You dont have to cut out sugar to lose weight.

An old friend of mine lost 125lbs by eating a Subway foot long everyday along with Slimfast shakes.

He walked 5-10 miles a day during the week, then 15-20 miles on weekends.

Sundays he ate whatever he wanted.

He has kept it off.

Kidd Lex 04-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8517551)
You're not an asshole. If this worked for you, great! Well done.

You dont have to cut out sugar to lose weight.

An old friend of mine lost 125lbs by eating a Subway foot long everyday along with Slimfast shakes.

Sundays he ate whatever he wanted.

He has kept it off.

Jareds an old friend of yours?

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8517619)
Jareds an old friend of yours?

:D

Aspengc8 04-04-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8517529)
LOL you'd starve to death.

Please explain how you would starve on a 2,000 calorie a day diet?

Hammock Parties 04-04-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8517551)

ROFL

****load of excessive, stupid cardio.

htismaqe 04-04-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8517697)
ROFL

****load of excessive, stupid cardio.

Masturbation is not cardio, that's why you're fat...