ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is... is Kendall Fuller not that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318221)

ChiefsFanatic 10-16-2018 02:08 AM

I am replaying the game, and on the Edelman TD catch early in the 2nd quarter, Fuller slides over to cover him as he releases from the LOS, and Fuller is basically standing flat footed as Edelman runs by him, and he weakly tries to reach out and grab his arm to hold him. In the highlight you can see Fuller so off balance that he is almost falling face first into the turf as he stares at Edelman catching the TD pass. Edelman ran past him so fast that he kinda spun Fuller around as he blew by.

The LOS is the 17, and Fuller is standing on the 12, so Edelman has a full five yards to accelerate, and it seems that Fuller must think that Edelman is going to sit down in the zone in front of him, and is caught off guard when Edelman blows by him.

So, Fuller was basically playing slot corner and got toasted.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Chiefnj2 10-16-2018 08:38 AM

Ragland must really be hurt. He played well against the run last year. The only change has been to NT and his "swollen knees." Otherwise his decline doesn't really make much sense.

staylor26 10-16-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13821689)
He's a slot corner overmatched playing on the outside every down

But it's that or give the safeties more responsibility and we know that ain't gonna work.

Do you even watch the games Clay?

He’s almost always inside.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13821954)

Yeah, my bad, but when he is outside it is a total mismatch, especially on deep routes.

notorious 10-16-2018 08:47 AM

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a leader on defense that demanded accountability, and made sure everyone is in the right position to make plays?

Oh, wait......

FAX 10-16-2018 08:59 AM

Hmmm ... maybe it's the combination of Brady, Edelman, Gronk and Hoyer (as well as the crazy drug addict guy) that made us look so ... defenseless. Oh ... and the japanese appliance french chick isn't too bad either, actually.

(Probably not worth mentioning that we had about half the defense on IR or listed as half-dead in the injury report.)

This is interesting to me; since the beginning of the season, knowledgeable NFL observers have been saying, "The Patriots often start the season slow and use the first few games as an extended pre-season as they refine their schemes." I suppose I'm wondering why that would apply to the Belicheats, but not to other teams ... like us, for example.

FAX THE RATIONAL

bobbything 10-16-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13821020)
Maybe the reason all our new guys on defense suck is because the defense takes three years to learn, by our own d-coordinator's admission.

Christ, this defense is never going to be decent.

Chiefspants 10-16-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13821954)

He's been outside on about 1/4th of his snaps.

Not all the time, but significant enough to be a problem apparently.

WhiteWhale 10-16-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13820965)
ya, let's trade for Peterson and put Fuller where he belongs. Maybe he can do well in the slot, but he certainly isn't doing well with what he's doing now.

I didn't watch any Redskins games last year, but is pretty much playing outside corner this whole season and last season he was slot only? Well ****, if that's the case just put him in the slot regardless and put another shitter on the outside, it would probably be an improvement.

Fuller was moving inside all game against the patriots in sub formations. HE only played outside in the base defense.

staylor26 11-07-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs
@Chiefs
Per
@PFF
, Kendall Fuller has been the 2nd best corner in the NFL for the past two weeks.

Sofa King 11-07-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13877415)

Niiiiiccccccceeee

rabblerouser 11-07-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13820892)
Definitely not as good as Peters was.

Neither is Peters.:shrug:

Dante84 11-07-2018 10:09 PM

Bounce back week!

carcosa 11-07-2018 10:34 PM

He's good now!!!!!

Imon Yourside 11-07-2018 11:05 PM

Peters?!?!?!?! Bwahahaha