ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314771)

Valiant 04-08-2018 09:48 AM

Hosmer should not have been the one going for it. But he did. Not a royal, so makes me smile a little. Our catchers would have had it.

siberian khatru 04-08-2018 12:16 PM

Seuly Matias now with 4 HRs in first 4 games for Lexington

kstater 04-08-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13507950)
Hosmer should not have been the one going for it. But he did. Not a royal, so makes me smile a little. Our catchers would have had it.

Yeah that's not on Hosmer, he should have still caught it, but that's on the catcher

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chiefspants 04-08-2018 01:30 PM

Popouts are very hard for catchers to get to and they have the worst glove and the diamond to catch them - many practice to defer the moment someone calls for it - which Hos did - and then he immediately panicked and looked to the catcher when he realized where it was. I think Hos is used to Sal calling off everyone when a ball is in his zone - and we all have been spoiled by his defensive excellence behind the plate since 2011 (Hos included).

Hos said he called for it in postgame but lost it once he did. It's on Hos and he owned up to it. He's going to have to get used to playing without Sal.

KChiefs1 04-08-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13508107)
Seuly Matias now with 4 HRs in first 4 games for Lexington

Call him up!

Al Bundy 04-08-2018 02:06 PM

Maurer sucks balls.

dlphg9 04-08-2018 02:27 PM

Really should tank hard this year and next. Get a couple of top 5 draft picks could help out the farm system pretty well.

Titty Meat 04-08-2018 05:54 PM

Offense should improve a little don't know how many games we'll be in only scoring 1 run but if we had any bullpen we'd be in first after 1 week and setting up for a nice April.

Chiefspants 04-08-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13508231)
Maurer sucks balls.

That's Brandon "the only player to ever go to arbitration with Dayton Moore" Maurer to you.

BWillie 04-08-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13508231)
Maurer sucks balls.

It is unbelievable to me that people think this guy has promise. He sucks, hes always sucked, and always will sucks. It infuriates me not only that we like to use him in high leverage situations but also that hes even on the team in the 1st place.

And WTF was up with having Whit play 1B, then having Goins at 2b and then Soler in RF. Holy ****ing shit that is abysmal fail.

Bufkin 04-08-2018 07:58 PM

CBS Sports: Salvador Perez trending positively in recovery
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...y-in-recovery/

Royals general manager Dayton Moore said Sunday that swelling has "vacated" Perez's sprained left knee, and the catcher is expected to "get back a little bit before" the 4-to-6-week recovery timeline established March 28, Josh Vernier of 610 Sports reports.

Since Perez has yet to resume baseball activities, it's too early to predict with much confidence that he'll be ready to go by the end of April, as Moore seems to be forecasting. In any case, the fact Perez has healed a little faster than anticipated counts as positive news and may convince any owners with limited bench spots who were thinking of cutting him to think twice. The Royals will likely provide additional updates on Perez's condition over the next few weeks before a firmer return date is sussed out.

Bufkin 04-08-2018 08:01 PM

So here's my question for anybody who is halfway familiar with grade 2 MCL sprains. How much is this going to linger for a heavy bodied catcher who (when healthy) catches a ton of innings? A lot of fans have been saying Salvy will end up playing a lot of first base sooner rather than later, but is that something we can expect soon? He's so irreplaceable behind home plate that that's tragic to think about.

Again, I know jack shit about MCL sprains and the long term ramifications of one for an MLB catcher.

KChiefs1 04-08-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 13508697)
So here's my question for anybody who is halfway familiar with grade 2 MCL sprains. How much is this going to linger for a heavy bodied catcher who (when healthy) catches a ton of innings? A lot of fans have been saying Salvy will end up playing a lot of first base sooner rather than later, but is that something we can expect soon? He's so irreplaceable behind home plate that that's tragic to think about.

Again, I know jack shit about MCL sprains and the long term ramifications of one for an MLB catcher.

I’d rather have Salvy at 1B than Merrifield.

duncan_idaho 04-09-2018 08:45 AM

No clue on MCL sprains lingeringand if that’s a sign the ligament is likely to go later...

But there’s absolutely no reason to rush Perez back.

If you’re willing to throw games away while continuing to see if Brandon Maurer lives up to his potential (according to his arm talent), there’s no incentive to rush Perez back.

Bringing Perez back early is a move you make if you’re contending.

ChiTown 04-09-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13509178)
No clue on MCL sprains lingeringand if that’s a sign the ligament is likely to go later...

But there’s absolutely no reason to rush Perez back.

If you’re willing to throw games away while continuing to see if Brandon Maurer lives up to his potential (according to his arm talent), there’s no incentive to rush Perez back.

Bringing Perez back early is a move you make if you’re contending.

Perez should be brought back when he is completely healthy, and then traded before the deadline.