ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Events in your life since last Chiefs playoff win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250746)

Titty Meat 09-29-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7953030)
In 1993 I was in college.
Since the last Chiefs playoff win my timeline includes the following
1. 3 years of college to completion
2. A puppy became a dog, lived and died of old age and sickness
3. 3 relationships over 1 year came and went
4. entered the workforce in my job market, and have developed a relatively succesful 15 year career.
5. Have purchased and remodeled 3 homes
6. Have buried at least 10 friends and family
7. Got another puppy, who became a dog, and is now dead
8.Cell phones were in a bag, in the car, and now......
9. Met a girl, courted, and dated for 3 years
10. Married the princess
11. witnessed the birth of 3 children, have been through their sicknesses, teething, and now 1 is even losing teeth and riding a bike
12. Started a business, built it up to a successful level
13. purchased a lot, built a cabin
14. learned about bow hunting and since the last win, became a seasoned hunter with a thousand hours in a tree waiting on a playoff win.
15. Terrorists attacked our country, knocked down buildings, we've fought a decade of war, my brother has joined the army, airborne and done multiple tours of service.....and he wasn't in Jr High yet for the last Chiefs playoff win.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a football cubs fan, who may live my entire life, become a grandfather and die without a whiff at a championship. It's bad enough, I've just created a thread which would normally be smack by an opposing fan.

These are some of the reasons this fan doesn't care if the current players have Tshirts that "can't hear the hate". I sure as hell wish the owner would hear it while sitting on $30mil in cap space.

You forgot to mention you could still cum back in 1994 (no homo)

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:32 PM

If you were to post on the internet about the big playoff win, you'd be one of the few people actually doing it.....and it would probably have been on a pc, running the latest greatest technology....WIN NT

The Franchise 09-29-2011 02:32 PM

I was 13. That's sad.

Bearcat 09-29-2011 02:32 PM

Puberty
Went to high school
Got a job
Bought a car
Graduated high school
Went to college
* NWMSU wins DII National Championship
Dropped out of college
Went back to college
* Avalanche win the Stanley Cup
Graduated college
Bought a new car
Went back to college again
Graduated college again
Moved out of state
* Kansas FB wins Orange Bowl
* Kansas BB wins National Championship (guess I should have stayed in Nebraska :shrug: )
Traveled the world
Moved back into the state
Bought a house

I don't know how many postseason victories that would add up to for all other teams I follow, but it's a decent number of championships.

KurtCobain 09-29-2011 02:32 PM

I went to kindergarten and some other things.

Rooster 09-29-2011 02:33 PM

Cell phones were only for rich people and stock brokers in the movies when the Chiefs last won a playoff game. They were large and came with a battery pack you could carry on your back. :D

Home computers were for playing solitaire and other games when the Chiefs last won a playoff game.

I could still buy music on a cassette tape when the Chiefs last won a playoff game.

AutoCAD was new and scary when the Chiefs last won a playoff game.

Gas was 99 cents when the Chiefs last won a playoff game. :eek:

seclark 09-29-2011 02:33 PM

3 kids learned to drive.
2 went to college
2 married

gained 4 grandkids(another due in november)

paid off a house
sold the house
bought land and built a new house

6 surgeries

buried my father, father in law, 2 grandmothers
became guardian/poa to great uncle(ernie)

same wife, same job, same pair of underwear.
sec

FlaChief58 09-29-2011 02:34 PM

My grandkids are the same age now as my kids were then. Nuff said

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7953045)
You forgot to mention you could still cum back in 1994 (no homo)

That's a very odd suggestion, and a little creepy that you're thinking about my wedding tackle long jimp.

That said, a few tugs in the right places from your mother, and I could probably throw 2oz over the top of a 1993 Ford, the top selling truck the year of the last playoff win without getting more than a drop or two on the top. But then again, I'm shooting a potato gun and you're dumping a thimble onto a photo of someone in osh kosh bigosh.

tooge 09-29-2011 02:34 PM

Michael Jackson turned White, then died.

loochy 09-29-2011 02:34 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/...8a0d9159ef.jpg

Chiefspants 09-29-2011 02:35 PM

1. I turned two
2. Kicked Diapers to the curb
3. Started Preschool
4. Kicked Preschool to the curb
5. Started Kindergarten
6. Became a Chiefs Fan (1998) to escape from the constant pressure of my daily life.
7. Started first grade, and have since turned to my daily life to escape the reality of being a Chiefs fan.
8. The rest is history.

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:37 PM

My alma mater went from being 0-11 during my tenure, to multiple games in the DII national championship.

Andrew Luck likely was in a diaper and couldn't ride a tricycle yet, during the last Chiefs playoff win.

HemiEd 09-29-2011 02:38 PM

I lived in Wichita then, and my youngest daughter was a HS gymnast at North, and doing very well. Balance Beam was her best event.

Now, her oldest son, my eldest grandson, is a senior in ****ING HS!
Dammit Carl!

My eldest daughter, was a freshman at WSU. Now she has had her PHD for several years, and is a senior scientist at a major pharmaceutical company.
Dammit Carl!

I know this is not the exact subject of the OP, but my Grandson is now the same age I was when the Chiefs went to SBI, and he is but two years younger than I was when they won it.

Dayze 09-29-2011 02:38 PM

First Job
got drivers license
Bought first car
graduated HS
Joined Military
traveled the world
bought first house
got married
bought 2nd house