ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Need this kid in the draft! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268561)

NIUhuskies 01-06-2013 01:00 PM

Need this kid in the draft!

Dont care if he smoked weed in college. He'd be awesome with Flowers and Berry and in secondary and would finally get Arenas out of punt return duties (he's awful at that). He's gotta be one of the most dynamic playmakers in the draft if not the best. I just think this kid is gonna be a star in the NFL and I want him in KC! How high will he go? Could he be had in the 3rd?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/olSlRuS69dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefGator 01-06-2013 01:02 PM

It all depends on the combine, but I would expect he doesn't check out as superman, and drops into the 5th at the highest.

He has more problems than just pot smoking and is overhyped as a corner.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2013 01:03 PM

it's not about the weed, it's about being too much of a headcase to not get busted several times, costing yourself millions.

btw Arenas isn't nearly as bad as our ST blocking

TribalElder 01-06-2013 01:03 PM

Honey badger whoop

hometeam 01-06-2013 01:09 PM

Depends on where he goes. If he drops to 5th you must take him. I don't see him falling that far because teams with compensation picks start getting them at the end of 3rd and 4th rounds, someone will spend one of those free picks on him in the 4th, just before we get our shot at him in the top of the 5th.

In58men 01-06-2013 01:12 PM

Does he know how to wrap up?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2013 01:13 PM

Pass

NIUhuskies 01-06-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9288203)
it's not about the weed, it's about being too much of a headcase to not get busted several times, costing yourself millions.

btw Arenas isn't nearly as bad as our ST blocking

Janoris Jenkins is working out pretty well for the Rams this year. I think if you get him around some good veterans thatd he'd be ok. Hes been out of football for a year, lost millions and hopefully learned his lesson. I actually think hes a better corner than people give him credit for. Id spend one of our 3rds on his (pending we get that 3rd rd compensatory pick)

Mr. Laz 01-06-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIUhuskies (Post 9288242)
Janoris Jenkins is working out pretty well for the Rams this year. I think if you get him around some good veterans thatd he'd be ok. Hes been out of football for a year, lost millions and hopefully learned his lesson. I actually think hes a better corner than people give him credit for. Id spend one of our 3rds on his (pending we get that 3rd rd compensatory pick)

yea, i could see a mid round pick for him

lower 3rd round would be earliest imo ... preferably 5th-ish

lack of discipline got him caught
lack of discipline doesn't work well in the NFL

still risky pick

Strongside 01-06-2013 01:20 PM

I'm hoping we take a chance on him. Someone will, and I think it will pay off. This really reminds me of Vontaze Burfict in the draft last year. Burfict had one of the most epic falls from grace that we've ever seen in the weeks leading up to draft. He had off the field issues with character and weed as well, and the Bengals probably feel pretty damn good that they took a chance on him and have, what seems to be, a quality starting LB. People get too caught up with 'character issues', IMO. Sure, you have guys that are complete idiots off the field...Pacman Jones comes to mind. But if Matheiu is shutting down routes and picking off passes in a Chiefs uniform, no one is going to remember that some pundit questioned his credibility as an individual off the field.

jd1020 01-06-2013 01:22 PM

I wouldn't draft him simply because he's 5'9.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9288277)

we do need more size at corner and more speed at wr

hometeam 01-06-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9288270)
I'm hoping we take a chance on him. Someone will, and I think it will pay off. This really reminds me of Vontaze Burfict in the draft last year. Burfict had one of the most epic falls from grace that we've ever seen in the weeks leading up to draft. He had off the field issues with character and weed as well, and the Bengals probably feel pretty damn good that they took a chance on him and have, what seems to be, a quality starting LB. People get too caught up with 'character issues', IMO. Sure, you have guys that are complete idiots off the field...Pacman Jones comes to mind. But if Matheiu is shutting down routes and picking off passes in a Chiefs uniform, no one is going to remember that some pundit questioned his credibility as an individual off the field.

I like the guy at the right pick, but in all fairness it wasn't just pundits, it was pundits, his coach and the NCAA. There is no questions he got caught up with weed.. a bunch of times.

Think of it like this, if someone ever mentions the weed factor in us getting Justin Houston, it's used in a positive way because it made him able to fall to us. With Honey Badger, he either fails and is off the team, or we get to talk about him like we do about Houston. Either way, if you can get him at the top of the 5th, I think the choice is easy.

NIUhuskies 01-06-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9288277)

im sick of of drafting people only because of size. your either a player or your not. Russel Wilson fell in the draft because he was 5'11" and tons of people said they wouldnt even draft him because of that. looks like hes doing fine... The honey badger is crazy athletic and was doing some serious damage in the SEC. he will be good in the NFL

jd1020 01-06-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIUhuskies (Post 9288296)
im sick of of drafting people only because of size. your either a player or your not. Russel Wilson fell in the draft because he was 5'11" and tons of people said they wouldnt even draft him because of that. looks like hes doing fine... The honey badger is crazy athletic and was doing some serious damage in the SEC. he will be good in the NFL

Keep telling yourself that while you watch Flowers and Mathieu try to defend people 6 inches taller than them.