ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

tredadda 05-25-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637701)
Not compared to UT, OU, LSU, Alabama, Florida, USC, etc...

I'll give you Notre Dame but given that they aren't aligned with a conference now it's not the same thing.

Plus the ACC is still here. And I'll bet you anything that a majority of the members are fighting to stand together. Something that this conference lacked with some of its members.

Seriously? It appears that almost half the ACC is trying to bail. That is a higher percentage than the Big 12.

BWillie 05-25-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8637828)
Nope. No different. Bill Self and the KU AD both stated they did not want to play of affiliate with ANY school that "damaged" the Big XII. Colorado definitely fits into that category. Playing CU makes Self and company a bunch of hypocrites.

I agree. If you aren't going to play Mizzou, you shouldn't play A&M, Nebby or Colorado do....at least under the explanation that Self and KU have given. But lets be honest, it's because it's Missouri and theres some bad blood, but you can't really come out and say that you do no want to assist Missouri economically in anyway shape or form.

tredadda 05-25-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8637931)
I agree. If you aren't going to play Mizzou, you shouldn't play A&M, Nebby or Colorado do....at least under the explanation that Self and KU have given. But lets be honest, it's because it's Missouri and theres some bad blood, but you can't really come out and say that you do no want to assist Missouri economically in anyway shape or form.

Which is ironic considering any games played would be played in KC which is a city the KU faithful claim to own. The hatred for MU is that great. Too ironic and funny.

Bambi 05-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8637922)
Seriously? It appears that almost half the ACC is trying to bail. That is a higher percentage than the Big 12.

I admit that once the SEC and Big 12 signed their deal to play a "Champions Bowl" that the game has changed.

If it ends up being a 4 conf playoff of some kind and they somehow manage to get only those teams qualified to win the national championship then yes...if you want to play for it all you have to get in.

But I still think there will be at larges involved in this tournament one way or another. I think the ACC, the Big East etc etc could all play football and dream of getting to the final game.

There would just be too many legal issues to keep so many universities out.

That's just my opinion though.

Braincase 05-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8637931)

It probably has more to do with the coach than the school.

Tad Boyle
Thomas "Tad" Boyle (born January 6, 1963) is an American college basketball coach and the current head men's basketball coach at the University of Colorado. He was named the 18th coach in University of Colorado men's basketball history on April 19, 2010 <sup id="cite_ref-espn1_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> replacing Jeff Bzdelik. He played collegiately at Kansas under coach Ted Owens and Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown.

While playing for the Jayhawks, Boyle played on two NCAA Tournament teams in 1984 and 1985.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> He served as team captain his senior year, which was 1988 NBA Draft choice Danny Manning's freshman season and University of Maryland coach Mark Turgeon's sophomore season.<sup id="cite_ref-espn1_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup>

Bambi 05-25-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8637828)
Nope. No different. Bill Self and the KU AD both stated they did not want to play of affiliate with ANY school that "damaged" the Big XII. Colorado definitely fits into that category. Playing CU makes Self and company a bunch of hypocrites.

I bet if you guys hired a coach that went to KU you could get a game with Self.

Bambi 05-25-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8637956)
It probably has more to do with the coach than the school.

Tad Boyle
Thomas "Tad" Boyle (born January 6, 1963) is an American college basketball coach and the current head men's basketball coach at the University of Colorado. He was named the 18th coach in University of Colorado men's basketball history on April 19, 2010 <sup id="cite_ref-espn1_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> replacing Jeff Bzdelik. He played collegiately at Kansas under coach Ted Owens and Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown.

While playing for the Jayhawks, Boyle played on two NCAA Tournament teams in 1984 and 1985.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> He served as team captain his senior year, which was 1988 NBA Draft choice Danny Manning's freshman season and University of Maryland coach Mark Turgeon's sophomore season.<sup id="cite_ref-espn1_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup>

jinx

Braincase 05-25-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637960)
jinx

Yeah.

Danny's at Tulsa. Mizzou was once interested in one of his predecessors there, but decided to go a different direction.

tredadda 05-25-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637955)
I admit that once the SEC and Big 12 signed their deal to play a "Champions Bowl" that the game has changed.

If it ends up being a 4 conf playoff of some kind and they somehow manage to get only those teams qualified to win the national championship then yes...if you want to play for it all you have to get in.

But I still think there will be at larges involved in this tournament one way or another. I think the ACC, the Big East etc etc could all play football and dream of getting to the final game.

There would just be too many legal issues to keep so many universities out.

That's just my opinion though.

So these guys are looking to weaken their conference in search of greener pastures? Ironic you justify their actions as well as those of WVU and the conference hopping TCU while summarily being critical of MU, NU, and aTm for doing it.

Bambi 05-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8637979)
So these guys are looking to weaken their conference in search of greener pastures? Ironic you justify their actions as well as those of WVU and the conference hopping TCU while summarily being critical of MU, NU, and aTm for doing it.

I never justified WVU and TCU at all. I put them in the same boat.

Why would you just make that up?

Bambi 05-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8637979)

If a year ago the ACC and SEC had signed a deal like the SEC and Big 12 just did I would be nervous about the whole thing because of the shift it represented. Thus I can see why these ACC schools may be scrambling.

tredadda 05-25-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637989)
If a year ago the ACC and SEC had signed a deal like the SEC and Big 12 just did I would be nervous about the whole thing because of the shift it represented. Thus I can see why these ACC schools may be scrambling.

You're not Sammy Davis Jr so please stop tap dancing. Last year Missouri was criticized for leaving the Big 12 in spite of the fact that 3 schools had left and OU/UT flirted with the PAC 12. They had reason to be nervous and leave for greener pastures. Now when other teams do it and the Big 12 benefits then it suddenly becomes justifiable.

tredadda 05-25-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637983)

I am almost positive you did. I just don't feel like searching 30+ pages of posts to find it.

Bambi 05-25-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8638003)
I am almost positive you did. I just don't feel like searching 30+ pages of posts to find it.

Good luck

mnchiefsguy 05-25-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8637983)

Liar. Not once did you say that either of those teams was a "traitor" to their conference. You hailed without end what fine schools they were.