ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs down to 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271714)

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552750)
I'm not trying to attack/insult anyone but i failed to see any benefit for a team leaking information like this.

this exposes and risks selection potential

If other teams know what you're doing then they might block it

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.

Every year teams leak misinformation. It happens every year without fail to either motivate a team or throw another team off the scent.

Ming the Merciless 04-03-2013 08:40 AM

I don't buy it.....there is no point in them admitting they aren't considering geno

tooge 04-03-2013 08:42 AM

We don't run a 3-4 all the time anyhow. In fact, anymore, 3-4 teams run that as a base defense, but then run all sorts of different defenses throughout the game. In passing situations with 3rd and 5 or longer, which is a lot of the time, you put Hali at end and rush the passer with Jordan and Houston, or you run a 4-3 with Jordan and Houston as OLB that can blitz.

ChiTown 04-03-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552737)
the variations of this rumor are basically the same as above but most say we get a conditional pick in 2014. Most times a 2nd-4th based on performance.

okay, the addition of the conditional pick makes more sense

Mr. Laz 04-03-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552757)
Every year teams leak misinformation. It happens every year without fail to either motivate a team or throw another team off the scent.

yes, but teams leak misleading information.

so ...

1. the information is a smokescreen and is BS
2. the information is rumor/lie BS
3. the information was leaked by someone who should be fired

lcarus 04-03-2013 08:49 AM

Just lock up Albert long term and trade out of the pick.

Mr. Laz 04-03-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9552754)
That..... or its a smokescreen to TRY and get other teams to offer more.

possible

jspchief 04-03-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9552670)
I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.

I don't know who's saying "he's not a first round talent", but that's not true. He's a top 10 type of LT in most years.

The problem is he's not really a #1 overall talent. He's not Orlando Pace. He's not even Jake Long in terms of college pedigree. Add to that the fact that the Chiefs already have what many feel is a quality LT, and it creates a lot of ill will from fans. Even if we had Andrew Luck at QB, I wouldn't like the idea of using the #1 overall on Joeckel or Fischer.

jspchief 04-03-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9552727)
Dion Jordan is intriguing looks a lot like dt when he attacks

But where do we play him when we have Houston and Hali.

It's definitely the sexiest of the 3 options. As for what we do with him, he's a better prospect than Hali or Houston were out of college so it's possible that he becomes a starter outright.

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552780)

so ...

I agree with #1 or #2.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552780)

so ...

If all you ever leaked was false information, nobody would be fooled by your false information.

Warrick 04-03-2013 08:58 AM

Fisher > Matthews > Joeckel... You can see Manziel prefers to roll right which is where most of his bigger plays happen. Joeckel just gets a pass because he's listed as the LT of that team.

Messier 04-03-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9552787)
I don't know who's saying "he's not a first round talent", but that's not true. He's a top 10 type of LT in most years.

The problem is he's not really a #1 overall talent. He's not Orlando Pace. He's not even Jake Long in terms of college pedigree. Add to that the fact that the Chiefs already have what many feel is a quality LT, and it creates a lot of ill will from fans. Even if we had Andrew Luck at QB, I wouldn't like the idea of using the #1 overall on Joeckel or Fischer.

Hog Farmer said he's not first round worthy. I'm just saying, with dozens of sites I visit, I've yet to see one say anything worse than it's a toss up over which LT is better, Joeckel or Fisher. As someone here said, they rate him high because they're not as emotionally attached as Chiefs fans. I think it's because of that emotional attachment that any player other than a QB is seen as not worthy of the pick.

The Franchise 04-03-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9552703)
once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.

This. I seriously doubt that Dorsey came out a day before this report and said it was down to 4.....and then a "source" tells someone else it's three and who it is. ****ing bullshit. ESPECIALLY if the Chiefs are looking to trade down.

KChiefs1 04-03-2013 09:00 AM

Dropped Geno pretty quickly!