ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The AFC is there for the taking "THIS YEAR". Get Dillon today!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9846)

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2000 10:16 AM

I watched Dillon make one of the most spectaular runs of the season last week. No, it wasn't for 80 yards either (although it was a thing of beauty also). It was a 4 yard run earlier in the game against the Titans. Anyone who thinks he is a quitter is sadly mistaken, he is a competitor.

We will not get anything close to him in the draft, as McAllister and Tomlinson will be gone. I watched Jordan from Maryland Saturday, and was disappointed!

The time to move on a RB is today! The whole AFC seems to be up for grabs with the Chiefs having just as good of chance as anyone to go far in the playoffs. With our passing game and defense, Dillon would be the ticket to put us over the top. Why wait until next year, when this year is there for the taking. <P>

DoubleWannaB 10-10-2000 10:24 AM

Sorry man, I don't think it is going to happen he cost too much $$$!!!

redfan 10-10-2000 10:32 AM

Tuesday, October 10
Report: Smith asks Bills to trade him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Running back Antowain Smith has asked the Buffalo Bills for a trade after being benched the last two games.
"We're trying to get Antowain traded," Smith's agent, Scott Casterline, said, according to Tuesday's The Buffalo News.

I have said all along Antowan Smith would be an upgrade of what we have and not cost the draft picks, cap dollars, or headaches of Dillon. Corey is much better though and I would buy my Dillon jersey they day he signed

Chief Nathan 10-10-2000 10:40 AM

I would like to gamble on A.Smith if he can be had for a 3rd rounder of less...Might consider a 2nd rounder since how it should be a late one, but I would not be real comfortable throwing a number 2 at him.

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2000 11:37 AM

Bishop74,

I don't agree he would cost to much. We have 1.1 million available under the cap now. dillon's salary for the season is 3 million. He has 11 games left to play meaning he is still owed 2,062,500. That is only 1 million above what we now have.

Where there is a will, there is a way. remember, Chet was a done deal in the 11th hour with the Dolphins, and the next thing you know, he was a Chief. There is still time.

[This message has been edited by Coogs (edited 10-10-2000).]

DoubleWannaB 10-10-2000 11:52 AM

Thats a good point, but aren't we already like somewhere around 97 over? I just don't think that they want to add anymore no matter how small it seems.

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 10-10-2000).]

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2000 11:56 AM

Bishop 74,

This year we are 1.1 under. Next year we are projected in at 41 million over, but for some reason, no one seems concerned that that is going to be a problem.

Wanting that Super Bowl this year, just in case it is a problem nixt year.

Plus, if we trade up to get a big name RB next drasft, it could be more expensive than Dillon will be.

[This message has been edited by Coogs (edited 10-10-2000).]

DoubleWannaB 10-10-2000 12:00 PM

I see. Well, that would certainly make for an exciting season if we could have a serious threat in the backfield with our all ready dangerous air game. Man, I hope it pans out and Dillon turns out to be an OK, guy. It's not worth it to me if he gets in trouble with the law.

redbrian 10-10-2000 12:01 PM

Coogs,

I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago you were "Praising God" that we have Cloud. You were all over the Cloud bandwagon.

What's happened since then? What made you change your mind?

10-10-2000 12:03 PM

Good point, Cannibal...

I'm still disappointed that we're using this ****ing RBBC...one guy, and at this point it doesn't really matter which one, should get 25 carries a game, just to see how it works.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

Chiefaholic 10-10-2000 12:37 PM

You guys need someone badly. Look at these AFC rushing stats of the top 25 players (last stat is number of games played):

02. Anderson 481 5
03. Watters 450 6
11. Dillon 287 5
12. Wheatly 236 5
13. Kaufman 218 5
14. Richardson 214 5
17. Gannon 157 5
21. Anderson 135 6

And here's the AFC rush yards per game stats:

02. Denver 134
04. Raiders 124
07. Seattle 109
12. KC Chiefs 88 <P>

Gaz 10-10-2000 12:51 PM

I am also increasingly frustrated with the committee approach. I wanted Travis Prentice in the draft last year, so I watched his first start (against Arizona) on Sunday. He played pretty well, but in watching him I saw nothing that Moreau hadn't shown me at one time or another. He is so-so at picking up blitzes, has good vision (maybe better than Moreau), but only average speed. He was not very quick to the hole and had trouble turning the corner, which he only managed on occasion. He got stopped short several times, but also broke a few 10 yarders up the middle. I believe that Moreau could do the same if given the chance. It would at least be worth it, just to see what he has.

Right now I think we need to pick Anders or Moreau and give him 20+ carries a game, with T-Rich getting spot duty. This will not happen, but it sure would be nice to try.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10-10-2000 12:55 PM

Bob Dole was pretty pleased with what he saw out of Cloud Monday night...

Kimble looked good when Cloud needs a breather, and TRich ought to be the FB.

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2000 01:07 PM

Cannibal,

Yeah, I was high on Cloud, but that was more wishful thinking on my part. I guess I was trying to convince myself, if no one else, that we had a premire RB on our roster. "If he was worthy of a 2nd round pick and he had James type numbers against the same competition, he must not be bad", if you know wht I mean.

I know Dillon is the real thing! One hour to go. Holding on for a miracle!

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2000 01:18 PM

One last thing. If Miami is indeed pitching an offer for Dillon, Carl is no longer the only player involved in the poker game with Brown. Therefore, Carl can not assume he is holding all the cards anymore. That, too, gives me hope that Carl is on the phone with Brown now trying to work out something to give us REAL Super Bowl dreams!