ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Boxing Tournament (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117751)

tk13 06-12-2005 03:28 AM

Fantasy Boxing Tournament

To settle the argument on the other thread, we'll do this in true ChiefsPlanet democratic style. If we could set up a fantasy tournament with these 8 boxing competitors, who would win?

keg in kc 06-12-2005 03:32 AM

Oh, please, Rich "hard hitting, cancer curing, big donged, bitch-slapping, sweet-talking, rap mogul, sensitive poet, boxing god" Scanlon would TKO all the rest before they even got out of the goddamn locker room. Dumb question. Kevin should revoke your poll privileges.

Earthling 06-12-2005 05:17 AM

Uhh...How do I vote for Jimmy Johnson?

NaptownChief 06-12-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Oh, please, Rich "hard hitting, cancer curing, big donged, bitch-slapping, sweet-talking, rap mogul, sensitive poet, boxing god" Scanlon would TKO all the rest before they even got out of the goddamn locker room. Dumb question. Kevin should revoke your poll privileges.

What if he went against "Twirl A pickle on his Penis" Mike Peterson?

PastorMikH 06-12-2005 09:01 AM

Ali in his prime no doubt. Shoot, Ali right now could probably take Tyson.

Here's how I would rank them:

Muhammad Ali
George Foreman
Joe Frazier
*Rocky Marciano
Lennox Lewis
Mike Tyson
Rich Scanlon
Roy Jones Jr. (Sorry Roy, haven't seen you fight and haven't seen any w/l stats):)

I'd probably have to add Joe Lewis right under Ali if he hadn't been forgotten in the poll.

Foreman gets the edge over Frazier by the way he handled Frazier in the ring and by the fact that he stepped back in the ring and whipped a bunch of people as an old guy.

*I have never seen a clip of a Marciano fight, I am only going by reputation. He may be higher or lower after seeing a few of his fights.

Bowser 06-12-2005 09:03 AM

Oh, there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one! Rocky Marciano! Rocky Marciano! Let me tell you something once and for all - Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit!

PastorMikH 06-12-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Oh, there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano...

Sit back down before the barber cuts your ear off Eddie

:)

NaptownChief 06-12-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Oh, there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one! Rocky Marciano! Rocky Marciano! Let me tell you something once and for all - Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit!

"Well he was undefeated..."

keg in kc 06-12-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
What if he went against "Twirl A pickle on his Penis" Mike Peterson?

Please, Scanlon could twirl peterson on his penis while juggling jars of pickles. With his feet.

oldandslow 06-12-2005 09:40 AM

Ali...

Didn't like his way of dealing with Vietnam, but the man was great in the ring.

Rausch 06-12-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow
Ali...

Didn't like his way of dealing with Vietnam, but the man was great in the ring.

http://www.muhammad-ali-sumo.de/excerpt_goat_02.jpg

mlyonsd 06-12-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Please, Scanlon could twirl peterson on his penis while juggling jars of pickles. With his feet.

Thanks, now I have to figure out how to clean coffee out of my keyboard.

mlyonsd 06-12-2005 09:46 AM

I had to go with Ali. IMO he was the purest boxer I've ever seen.

RNR 06-12-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

That always cracks me up, of the fighters he fought there were only three of note... Joe Lewis age 38, Essard (sp) Charles age 40. Joe Walcott age 42. As easy as he was to like, him being white and all :rolleyes: he is the most overrated fighter of alltime.