ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ROMO gets his $$$ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271586)

Bewbies 03-29-2013 03:12 PM

This is a 2-4 year deal that looks way bigger than it really is. Like they always are.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:12 PM

I'd feel more inclined to add my $0.02 to this thread if DJ didn't say anything and everything I would have said as well...

Honestly. Anything I'd post would be a repost.

I don't give out rep often but I feel inclined to give him some rep because I felt like I was just reading myself post.

But I can't help myself I need to add one tidbit that he already addressed:

I'd take Tony Romo without even THINKING ABOUT IT if my choices were Tony Romo and Joe Flacco.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:13 PM

As a side note; somewhere, Jimmy Johnson just wet himsf in a fit of pants-pissing laughter, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:13 PM

and I'd rather be a Romosexual than a freaking Princess FYI

Beeker 03-29-2013 03:14 PM

LMAO:LOL::clap:ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9538809)
As a side note; somewhere, Jimmy Johnson just wet himsf in a fit of pants-pissing laughter, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 03:14 PM

Romo is weak between the ears.

Would. Not. Want. Ever.

-King- 03-29-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538812)
Romo is weak between the ears.

Would. Not. Want. Ever.

At his contract, no. But you're stupid if you'd "never" want Romo. The guy shits out 4,000 yard 25 TD seasons.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:21 PM

Go watch the Giants/Cowboys postseason game the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl...when that almighty defense defeated the then 18-0 New England Patriots and shut down Tom Brady...

watch Romo against that Giants defense...

watch that game again and then tell me Romo is a choker

He was literally the ONE Cowboy to show up...played a fantastic game...had one of the great plays in recent postseason memory ROBBED from him when, on 3rd and 14, he escaped the rabid pressure of 4 defenders...showed off his great elusiveness...and hit a crossing Patrick Crayton in the numbers that would have been an 80 yard TD with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter to go up 24-14 and be a potential game ending dagger (which would have rewritten history)...

but Crayton dropped it. And then ran the wrong route on another pivotal late drive...

He played his ass off and played a great game against a defense SO GOOD they shut down that year's Patriots in the Super Bowl...

but he's a choker because his teams are consistently mediocre

a QB can only do so much...Romo puts up the numbers and makes the plays every year...he'd be a top 5 QB if not for the boneheaded plays that he DOES make...

but being a top 8-12 QB in a league with so much QB talent (and there is a lot, considering Joe Flacco is probably #15) is pretty valuable...and something I'd love the Chiefs to have some day.

You can win a Super Bowl, even multiple Super Bowls, with a QB that is the 8th best in the league.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2013 03:24 PM

Wow. Jerry Jones is not a bright dude. Well at least now the Chiefs have a shot against my wife's Cowboys this fall at Arrowhead. I was afraid it was a sure loss.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:25 PM

and the funny thing is...

after that game...after the game I watched with my very two eyes when I saw a team totally fail its QB...

as soon as he threw a desperation pick on the last play of the game...

this entire board started screaming "choker!"

why?

because I'm convinced that, when it comes to watching football, this board is littered with total dipshits

RunKC 03-29-2013 03:25 PM

Meanwhile in Green Bay

http://www.roemerphotoblog.com/wp-co...s-smiling2.jpg

Say hello to 130 mill Rodgers

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538828)
Wow. Jerry Jones is not a bright dude. Well at least now the Chiefs have a shot against my wife's Cowboys this fall at Arrowhead. I was afraid it was a sure loss.

that makes a lot of sense

it was a sure loss when Romo didn't have an extension

but now that he has gotten an extension we have a chance

I want to meet whatever logic professor you had...

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:27 PM

On the bright side...

Alex Smith at $15M/2 years suddenly looks like quite the bargain LMAO

mikey23545 03-29-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538823)
Go watch the Giants/Cowboys postseason game the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl...when that almighty defense defeated the then 18-0 New England Patriots and shut down Tom Brady...

watch Romo against that Giants defense...

watch that game again and then tell me Romo is a choker

He was literally the ONE Cowboy to show up...played a fantastic game...had one of the great plays in recent postseason memory ROBBED from him when, on 3rd and 14, he escaped the rabid pressure of 4 defenders...showed off his great elusiveness...and hit a crossing Patrick Crayton in the numbers that would have been an 80 yard TD with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter to go up 24-14 and be a potential game ending dagger (which would have rewritten history)...

but Crayton dropped it. And then ran the wrong route on another pivotal late drive...

He played his ass off and played a great game against a defense SO GOOD they shut down that year's Patriots in the Super Bowl...

but he's a choker because his teams are consistently mediocre

a QB can only do so much...Romo puts up the numbers and makes the plays every year...he'd be a top 5 QB if not for the boneheaded plays that he DOES make...

but being a top 8-12 QB in a league with so much QB talent (and there is a lot, considering Joe Flacco is probably #15) is pretty valuable...and something I'd love the Chiefs to have some day.

You can win a Super Bowl, even multiple Super Bowls, with a QB that is the 8th best in the league.

You've really got something about quarterbacks that swallow their own cocks with the playoff game on the line, huh?

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 03:30 PM

A lot of swallowing for a guy with 1 playoff win.