ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

lewdog 02-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9401454)
Your elbows go in the holes. They run a funny size. I'm about 6 2 240 and I'm pretty sure it's a xxl and fairly tight. I think there is a guide to tale you you're size. Yes, it's fairly diferent at first. You are stretching it out and that's how you get the assistance. It will probably take 2 to 3 workouts to really feell comfortable with it.

You mean elbows into the small slits on the arm slots? Not all the way up over the elbows?

I got the XL because I was borderline and went a size bigger.

BigCatDaddy 02-13-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9401626)
You mean elbows into the small slits on the arm slots? Not all the way up over the elbows?

I got the XL because I was borderline and went a size bigger.

Right. Here is a video of the guy showing how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1eXkbcL8Gc

Omaha 02-14-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9401004)
Fire those glutes!

Do you have a trainer?

I did, but we got to be pretty good friends and now he's my workout partner.

Omaha 02-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9401454)
Your elbows go in the holes. They run a funny size. I'm about 6 2 240 and I'm pretty sure it's a xxl and fairly tight. I think there is a guide to tale you you're size. Yes, it's fairly diferent at first. You are stretching it out and that's how you get the assistance. It will probably take 2 to 3 workouts to really feell comfortable with it.

****, he's never going to figure this out. He's lucky just to get himself dressed most days.

lewdog 02-14-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9402199)
****, he's never going to figure this out. He's lucky just to get himself dressed most days.

ROFL

Not shit, I feel like a real douche. Mine isn't as snug as I think it would be but I was borderline L and XL and went XL. Still should work though.

Saul Good 02-17-2013 03:48 PM

Just went for a run. Wound up doing a half marathon (13.1 miles). I can't believe I just did that. Was planning on going about 5.

Omaha 02-17-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9410775)
Just went for a run. Wound up doing a half marathon (13.1 miles). I can't believe I just did that. Was planning on going about 5.

Nice. I've never run that far. 10 miles is my best.

NewChief 02-17-2013 05:24 PM

Okay, I guess I live under a rock and wasn't aware of the policies of this up and coming "gym," Planet Fitness.

Are you all aware that this place kicks people out for sweating too hard or over exerting themselves during lifts? A friend of mine recently got booted out because he was wearing a skull cap (in the winter... also he's balding) and sweating too hard.

WTF??!

Saul Good 02-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9410905)
Nice. I've never run that far. 10 miles is my best.

I feel like shit. I'm supposed to box tonight, too. I'm going to get my ass kicked.

Omaha 02-17-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9410949)
Okay, I guess I live under a rock and wasn't aware of the policies of this up and coming "gym," Planet Fitness.

Are you all aware that this place kicks people out for sweating too hard or over exerting themselves during lifts? A friend of mine recently got booted out because he was wearing a skull cap (in the winter... also he's balding) and sweating too hard.

WTF??!

I've heard it's pretty ridiculous, but I didn't know it was that dumb. Do they only want people to work out a little bit?

Saul Good 02-17-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9411009)
I've heard it's pretty ridiculous, but I didn't know it was that dumb. Do they only want people to work out a little bit?

Sounds like its just a meat market or something.

NewChief 02-17-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9410998)
I feel like shit. I'm supposed to box tonight, too. I'm going to get my ass kicked.

LMAO

I'd been doing like 10 milers pretty regularly at one time. I decided I was going to do a 13 miler at Devi's Den, thinking it wasn't that much different. Little did I realize that it was also on some of the most strenuous trail I'd ever done with huge elevation gains. I was probably 10 miles in when I bonked hard core. It ended up taking me like 3.5 hours to do it. I felt like shit for days afterwards.

kcchiefsus 02-17-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

WTF??!

You can tell from the commercials that its geared towards pussies and fatasses.

lewdog 02-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

WTF??!

Yup, they even have a grunt alarm that goes off it someone is grunting while lifting. I know clothing could get you kicked out but hadn't heard about the sweating part! That really just doesn't make any sense.

I wanna do a day pass at one of these places and just go in a corner, chalkup my entire body, deadlift super heavy, grunt/scream and have my shins bleed all over the bar. Just make a huge, raging scene. That would be hilarious.

Thank you Planet Fitness for continuing the pussification of everyone!

lewdog 02-17-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 9411062)
You can tell from the commercials that its geared towards pussies and fatasses.

Oh, is that why Buck has a lifetime membership?