ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Great day for the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283589)

buddha 05-10-2014 01:28 PM

Great day for the Chiefs

Two legitimate offensive difference makers drafted today. Thomas is incredibly fast and quick, who can play slot, TB in certain sets and gives you a ton of gadget play possibilities. He is a freak on special teams. He and Tavon Austin are very similar players when both are healthy. Love that addition.

Aaron Murray is a terrific QB and perfect for Reid's West Coast passing game. He is very accurate in the short passing game, but also has the arm to stretch the field. I know he's not the tallest guy, but he's an exceptional four year QB who comes in with real skills, experience and is smart as hell.

I don't see Daniel being waived, because he gives the team NFL experience and moxie. Bray will be the casualty here.

Aaron Murray will be the QB of the future.

Urc Burry 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

Can we ride Bray or Daniel into the preseason and try and flip them for picks?

Rausch 05-10-2014 01:31 PM

I wonder if we can even get a 7th for Bray...

keg in kc 05-10-2014 01:31 PM

Yeah, I mentioned the Tayvon Austin similarity to a friend on facebook a bit ago. Austin was more polished as a receiver, but the playmaking ability is similar. People are too hung up on McCluster. This dude is not McCluster 2.0. More like Sproles 2.0.

I wasn't a Murray fan, but I'm a fan of the philosophy, so I'm good with it.

Three7s 05-10-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10620006)
I wonder if we can even get a 7th for Bray...

He'd have to do something in an actual game to get anything for him.....

Ragged Robin 05-10-2014 01:32 PM

I'm disappointed. After doing jack shit in free agency they go five rounds with only depth/developmental players..

Sassy Squatch 05-10-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10620011)
He'd have to do something in an actual game to get anything for him.....

IDK. Mallet has done jack shit and he seems to be on teams radars.

BlackHelicopters 05-10-2014 01:33 PM

Bray has no draft pick value

keg in kc 05-10-2014 01:34 PM

Bray may not have draft pick value now, but it doesn't mean he can't have draft pick value in 2015 or 2016.

Mecca 05-10-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10620014)
I'm disappointed. After doing jack shit in free agency they go five rounds with only depth/developmental players..

Pretty obvious they think this is a rebuilding team not a win now team, probably should accept that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ragged Robin 05-10-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10620039)
Pretty obvious they think this is a rebuilding team not a win now team, probably should accept that.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah.. it just sucks because last season felt close to something :(

Chief_For_Life58 05-10-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

sad but true

Lex Luthor 05-10-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10620014)

You're right. Dorsey really should have drafted Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Mathews, and Justin Gilbert.

Some of you guys are really just annoying because you speak with such authority when you really have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines aren't going to be immediate starters, then you should really stick to watching soccer. And then when they draft a guy in the 5th round who some people have said has the potential to be the best quarterback in this class, you still find an excuse to bitch and complain.

Just shut up. Seriously.

Ragged Robin 05-10-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10620087)
If you think Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines aren't going to be immediate starters, then you should really stick to watching soccer.

They won't. Yes you can count on that. Ford will spell Hali in passing situations and Gaines might see the field as a nickel. Maybe starters next year but this year, no way in hell unless a few people up the depth chart get moved.

Lex Luthor 05-10-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You should probably go back to telling everyone how disgusted you were with the Chiefs for not drafting Mark Sanchez, because Sanchez was going to be so freaking GREAT. At least then you could make a believable argument, even if it turned out that you were 100% wrong.

Your football takes haven't had any credibility for several years.