ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352456)

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 17413764)
With the back-to-back titles we're also sitting at 7 consecutive playoff wins. The record is 10.

How did that happen without a threepeat?

Or is that the early 2000s Patriots where they missed the playoffs entirely one year, thereby preserving their “streak”? Put an asterisk next to that one too.

RedinTexas 02-22-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413768)
How did that happen without a threepeat?

Or is that the early 2000s Patriots where they missed the playoffs entirely one year, thereby preserving their “streak”? Put an asterisk next to that one too.

Yep, that was it. It was 3 SB wins and then 1 win in the playoffs before they lost.

New World Order 02-22-2024 01:33 PM

Andy deserves all of the accolades. He's had success with 2 different franchises with a bunch of different qbs.

Belichick is a fruad who couldn't cut it without Brady. He is a grump who would get Tom Brady coffee every morning.

The only coach I would put above Andy Reid is Bill Walsh and that's because Walsh designed the offense that we use today.

R Clark 02-22-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17413772)
Andy deserves all of the accolades. He's had success with 2 different franchises with a bunch of different qbs.

Belichick is a fruad who couldn't cut it without Brady. He is a grump who would get Tom Brady coffee every morning.

The only coach I would put above Andy Reid is Bill Walsh and that's because Walsh designed the offense that we use today.

Walsh didn’t design it , I can’t recall off hand who he copied and put his brand on it but he didn’t design it

New World Order 02-22-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 17413775)
Walsh didn’t design it , I can’t recall off hand who he copied and put his brand on it but he didn’t design it

Eh, Reid was a disciple of Holmgren who came from SF.

I'm still putting Walsh as number 1. Reid is absolutely number 2.

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 01:44 PM

How do we feel about Joe Gibbs? Dude won three Super Bowls with three different starting QBs.

FloridaMan88 02-22-2024 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413778)
How do we feel about Joe Gibbs? Dude won three Super Bowls with three different starting QBs.

He’s a textbook example for why you don’t return to a shitshow situation after you are already in the HOF and your legacy is secured.

Pitt Gorilla 02-22-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17413657)
Still amazing that some dumbshits were against hiring Andy…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG8tcNAa...jpg&name=large

If other things didn't already ruin his career/credibility, this probably should have. It reminds me of the poster here who tried to convince everyone that Andy is a bad coach, even after winning the Super Bowl. People are idiots.

Pitt Gorilla 02-22-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 17413775)

Walsh ran the **** out of split backs without running an option offense, which always seemed pretty ****ing stupid. He innovated a TON and was certainly brilliant, but that NEVER made sense.

Balto 02-22-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17413710)
He's also only 71 wins from most wins all time by a HC. That's why the retirement rumors were always dumb.

Andy is 3 years at most from the playoff record and 7 seasons at his current streak.

He's going for it and he's got the best QB ever

Most look at total wins and is why you have heard so much about Belichick only being 15 wins away.

Reid only needs 64 wins to be the all time holder.

Thats 5 year...6 max. I agree that he will stay and try for this.

Pepe Silvia 02-22-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17413809)
If other things didn't already ruin his career/credibility, this probably should have. It reminds me of the poster here who tried to convince everyone that Andy is a bad coach, even after winning the Super Bowl. People are idiots.

It always felt like Kevin Kietzman wanted the Chiefs to lose. imo

Wallcrawler 02-22-2024 03:43 PM

Shocking development: Best quarterback to ever play the game landing in notorious multi-franchise playoff choker's lap leads to massive post season success.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 17413404)
Didn't realize he was within 5. He's definitely not hanging it up til he has that record.

That's pretty bonkers to me.

Hasn't Belichick gone to NINE Super Bowls? How the hell is he only 5 ahead of Andy? I guess Andy's gone to 5 now, right? But damn, that's just barely half as many. I really assumed Belichick had put that record firmly out of reach.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413663)
I don’t think that’s crazy. Andy had a rep for being a huge playoff choker prior to hooking up with Mahomes and he’d just come off a Belichickesque crash and burn year in Philly.

It was absolutely exactly that crazy.

Look at the polls/reactions around here when we hired him. CP is a cesspool of misery and hatred. A bigger pile of cynical ****s you will not find.

And the Reid hire met with about a 90% approval rating.

When 90% of this fetid hell-swamp loved the hire, if you're on the other 10% side you are, in fact, crazy.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:53 PM

Hell, I was wrong - it was 95%

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484

315 to nine. ****ing 9 people on this board disliked the hire.

BWillie, unsurprisingly, was among them (Jesus Christ that guy is just ALWAYS wrong). Blackhelicoptors hated everything.

Dirk, Munson and WhiteWhale (who my memory serves was primarly a DC poster) are the only 'credible' votes against Reid.

There has never EVER been that sort of consensus form up around a decision this franchise has made. Even the Mahomes pick wasn't met with that kind of uniform excitement.

No, if you disliked the hire, you're a dipshit of Kietzman, BWillie and Wallcrawler proportions.